Stuck in a DESCRIBE thread..............and you can't get out of it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know who U2 was either...I was like 11 and pouting about something stupid and at the part with the scrolling names my dad was like "shut up and just be happy your name isn't on that list."

:uhoh:

i don't think my dad likes U2 though, he thinks Bono is overmarketed and fake :lol:

viva, so your dad is an even bigger fan? :wink:

sami, maybe you could just email the file to me then? I don't know if your email client allows large attachments.

btw, you dont have to if you don't have the time right now. :wink:

^I wasn't anything resembling a U2 fan :lol:, but I definitely trace my U2 fandom as starting with that, Bono and the jacket..................................:hug: x infinity

Zootlesque said:
viva, so your dad is an even bigger fan? :wink:

sami, maybe you could just email the file to me then? I don't know if your email client allows large attachments.

btw, you dont have to if you don't have the time right now. :wink:

We'll see how long the YSI takes :wink: What's your email incase?

vivalapopedge said:
^I wasn't anything resembling a U2 fan :lol:, but I definitely trace my U2 fandom as starting with that, Bono and the jacket..................................:hug: x infinity

:hug: My start is a little more :scratch: worthy than yours. It all started on a whim really, I picked up a copy of Achtung Baby at a library that I used to go to (Back in the day where I use to GO to libraries) in May of 1998....I don't remember listening to them at first....but I do remember bringing the booklet to my Jr. Hight School Graduation dance :lol: But I do have a diary entry in June of 1998 stating my love of U2 at that time.....and since then....I've been a fan ever since.

VertigoGal said:

i don't think my dad likes U2 though, he thinks Bono is overmarketed and fake :lol:

My thinking is somewhat the same as your Dad's :shrug:

I'd probably use a different word instead of 'fake' though... I don't think i'd go quite that far.

It's like I always say to people - i'm a fan of U2 as a band. Not Bono.

VertigoGal said:
so anyone know anything about configuring airports for wireless internet on macs? it keeps telling me i can't log into it cos i have the wrong password but i looked in the keychain access thing and i'm positive it's right...i don't wanna have to call bellsouth or whoever

it probably wants the security key? you'ld have to find that on your modems status page i think

^^^I became a fan right after the Elevation tour :sad: I was only ten though, so I don't think my parents would have let me go, they had a hard time letting me go this time around-even though I'm fourteen now! :wink:

vivalapopedge said:
^^^I became a fan right after the Elevation tour :sad: I was only ten though, so I don't think my parents would have let me go, they had a hard time letting me go this time around-even though I'm fourteen now! :wink:

I think they are concerned that you might get into trouble if you went to a concert by yourself.

I mean....the first time I went to one by myself was the 9/20 Vertigo concert...but not because my parents were concern....but they didn't want to go (My parents went with me on the two Elevation shows and the 5/10 Vertigo show....which became a part of of the DVD)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

My parents understand my love of U2....and even will remind me of upcoming U2 events and buy me mags with U2 on the cover. :hug:

That's awesome, Weldy! My parents are somewhat similar. :wink:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I think they are concerned that you might get into trouble if you went to a concert by yourself.

I mean....the first time I went to one by myself was the 9/20 Vertigo concert...but not because my parents were concern....but they didn't want to go (My parents went with me on the two Elevation shows and the 5/10 Vertigo show....which became a part of of the DVD)

^No, I meant they didn't want me to go even if I went with one of them :lol: They're very protective of me :lol: I would never want to go to a concert by myself because I would be way to scared :eek: I had this amazing spot right on the rail of the outside of the ellipse and then I went to the bathroom and when I was trying to get back, I couldn't see my dad and all these people were yelling at me and pushing me :eek: I eventually started crying :wink: That got me back to my dad

vivalapopedge said:

^No, I meant they didn't want me to go even if I went with one of them :lol: They're very protective of me :lol: I would never want to go to a concert by myself because I would be way to scared :eek: I had this amazing spot right on the rail of the outside of the ellipse and then I went to the bathroom and when I was trying to get back, I couldn't see my dad and all these people were yelling at me and pushing me :eek: I eventually started crying :wink: That got me back to my dad

That's what I meant overall. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom