Stone Roses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Brilliant band this, their self titled is a classic.

Brilliant songs I wanna be adored, Made of Stone, Waterfall, Dont STop, This is the One, she bangs the drum, bloody hell the whole album is amazing....GET IT!

Pity they only had 2 albums, deserved legendary status this band.

Anyone else got any thoughts about them

Strange that they weren't really a chart success, it suggests that you need to have their albums to appreciate them...

The Stone Roses, the hit album, was ranked 10th best album of all time by critics and english music fans, beating albums such as NeverMind, many beatles albums and any of the u2 albums, a fair effort....

I didnt really appreciate them when they first came out- I was in my mid teens and grunge was everywhere, but now I do really like them, again I think they got cast with the 'next smiths' tag by the British music press- she bangs the drum is a great song (my fave!!!):wink:

well, I don't really know more about the Stone Roses than:
1. they had a couple of cool singles
2. they always end up in the top 3 of just about every british music poll

and therefore the only way I can think of them is as the most overhyped band in Britain ever

they were talented though

John Squire did a lot of guitar wanking on Second Coming (some good, some bad). I love the albums though but to be honest, Ian Brown's voice isn't all that great. Great for songs like Begging You, but I dunno... it just never knocked me over....

"Stone Roses" is a brilliant badn name though...

well i think they got to about the teens on the british chart, but from the raving critics and the ongoing appreciation of the album, ud expect higher...

Back
Top Bottom