Sting & Annie Lennox concert review Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
I've waited to see String for 9 years so every moment at the show was treasured even though the fucktard ladies behind me kept talking non stop throughout the entire show.

Annie Lennox blew me away. She's one of the most underrated artists and she stole the show hands down. The lady has pipes! and the sound mix was phenomenal. Annie Lennox hit such a vocal range that her voice alone shook the stadium floor. It was cool to hear the notes vibrate under my feet. She sang most of her hits including some Eurithmics tunes. When she performed "Here comes the Rain" and "No More I love You", I cried. For an opening act, she had a very elaborate stage set which consisted of movie lights, silver curtains, a 30 piece stage band and an under-used grand piano. Her set was a satisfying hour and she even came out for an encore. I was the only one in my section who gave her a standing ovation after her set.

Sting came on shortly after and it was really nice to sit through a relaxing show without being intoxicated by second hand pot smoke. The average age group was 50-70 years old (I was pretty much one of the few young ones under 40). This meant that the crowd was mature enough not to light up and just enjoy the show.

Sting did jazzier renditions of his classic as well as new tunes from his "sacred Love" album. I had my eyes closed during some of the show, not 'cause I was tired but 'cause I wanted to obsorb every melody in my head.

The stage setting was just awesome complete with huge lights and large screens in the background depicting scenes of blue skies, stary nights and horizons.

The highlight of the evening was of course the song "Roxanne". I honestly didn't see that one coming. In the middle of the song, he threw in a few lyrics from the song "King Of Pain". There were some other memorable highlights like older Police and classic sting songs. For those wondering, he did perform "Every Breath You Take."

The downside was Sting's voice was a little on the rough side and the vocals were under mixed. The audience was very depressing and didn't get up to dance, not even for Annie Lennox who put in more than 100% into her set. Age is no excuse 'cause I've seen 50 year olds dance before at concerts with their wives.

No pot? No dancing?!

If it got any wilder, a bingo game would've broken out.

isabelle_guns said:
The audience was very depressing and didn't get up to dance, not even for Annie Lennox who put in more than 100% into her set. Age is no excuse 'cause I've seen 50 year olds dance before at concerts with their wives.

:hmm:
Funny, I was there and I was dancing :dance:

lol, than you were probably the one or two that I saw......if I had known that, I would've introduced myself.

Nobody under 50??

:|

was it a rock concert or a time share convention?

I saw them in early September in Raleigh, NC.....Annie was amazing, just as I expected. I just wish her set had been longer -it seems like she was only on for about 45 minutes.

Sting started a little roughly (I was afraid I'd paid big money for an awful performance) - but after warming up with 2 songs & greeting the audience, he proceeded to blow me away. Did a sort of improved-sounding Roxanne that lasted at least 10 minutes!
Needless to say, I was thrilled with my experience with these two mega-talented artists!! :up: :heart:
(And, yes - at 33 yrs old, I too was one of the younger attendants of this concert. But it was a nice change from constantly having to worry if my husband's going to beat down the drunk who keeps stepping on me, or having to make the long ride home smelling like a bong...... :mad: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom