Starsailor US Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
from www.starsailor.net: :hyper:

US dates announced for 2004
Starsailor are pleased to announce pre-sale ticketing for their forthcoming US tour dates!

You can buy tickets for these Starsailor shows through www.starsailor.musictoday.com

The presale for the US and Canadian tour dates begins today Wednesday November 12 at NOON EST. You'll need to log in with this information:
User Name: starsailor
Password: tickets

Please check the website for updated information on fan pre-sales and general public onsales.

Starsailor Direct Ticketing allows you to buy tickets online, directly from the artist for upcoming shows, in an effort to reduce the high surcharges from other online ticket vendors, and to offer a more convenient ticketing option.

The DATES:
Jan 15 2004: Starsailor
Saint Andrews Hall
Detroit, MI

Jan 17 2004: Starsailor
Guvernment Entertainment Complex - Guvernment
Toronto, ON

Jan 18 2004: Starsailor
Cabaret Music Hall
Montreal, QC

Jan 20 2004: Starsailor
Paradise Rock Club
Boston, MA

Jan 22 2004: Starsailor
Irving Plaza
New York, NY

Jan 23 2004: Starsailor
Theatre of Living Arts
Philadelphia, PA

Jan 24 2004: Starsailor
9:30 Club
Washington, DC

Jan 28 2004: Starsailor
Metro
Chicago, IL

Jan 29 2004: Starsailor
Fine Line Music Cafe
Minneapolis, MN

Jan 31 2004: Starsailor
Fox Theatre
Boulder, CO

Feb 3 2004: Starsailor
Commodore Ballroom
Vancouver, BC

Feb 4 2004: Starsailor
Crocodile Cafe
Seattle, WA

Feb 5 2004: Starsailor
Berbati's Pan
Portland, OR

Feb 11 2004: Starsailor
El Rey Theatre
Los Angeles, CA

Feb 12 2004: Starsailor
Epicentre
San Diego, CA

Attention everyone in the DC/Philly or Chicago area...expect a visitor around these dates... :shifty: ;) Seriously though, anyone want to go?? I am. :hyper:

I would go to at least four of these if I were in the US. And why do the Ireland dates have to be when I'm in the US???? I bet they'll do a gig here in England while I'm gone too.

Here are the Ireland/NI dates cut from the thread that I posted at the same time:

Mandela Hall
Belfast
Sun, 21 Dec 2003
www.ticketmaster.ie

The Ambassador
Dublin
Sat, 20 Dec 2003
www.ticketmaster.ie

Hehe!! Obsessed?? :lol::eek:

I think I"m going to hold off on getting a job until after the tour... :eek: :reject:
Megan, seeing them at 930 without you will be sad!! :( I'm gonna call you, track him down, and have a conversation about El Salvador.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm serious. :|

Aw, the days....:heart: We were so young, so easily amused....

I'm going to cry now. :sad:

Though look how far we made it.

We knew we'd get there someday.

:uhoh::down:

Okay, quoting Shania Twain really will make me cry. :laugh:;)

Hmmm...nowhere near me. Too bad, really, as I'm interested in getting to know this band better.

I have created an unbelievable Starsailor monster with my housemate and he will insist on a road trip to Boulder since it's a Saturday. But it's also a Saturday in January and there's weather to consider...yikes, what to do.

I hear ya, joyful. Boulder is a ten hour drive from here, which could be a bit much on a winter day up in the mountains. :yikes:

OMG, tickets are only $12 + $2.50 service charge. So I just bought 2 tickets and if there's a blizzard preventing us from going at least there won't be any big financial loss. I just called my housemate and he almost had a heart attack. I was just thinking this morning that we hadn't taken a concert road trip in a awhile (it's our favorite thing).

Thank you meegannie! My housemate is also sorta in love with you because of all the good music that has entered our house through your recommendation and the ICDE mix.

So here's a Starsailor question for you from him. He saw the "Born Again" video and is wondering if they are sorta Christian rock.

zoney! said:
as promised Jennnn.....Jan 28.

you, me and starsailor.

It is a date :cute:

(hopefully I won't make Salome jealous).
Yay! :D I hope I'm still around here, or that will be quite a trip from the east coast...I bet I will be though (whether living here for much longer is a good thing or not :rolleyes: )

I of course will be going to the DC show and its on a weekend!!!
Yay! :D I'm definitely there. Any interest in Philly too, Digi?? No worries, I won't force my obsession on you... ;) And I'll try to not make you hunt them down at 930 with me... :shifty: ;)

joyfulgirl said:

So here's a Starsailor question for you from him. He saw the "Born Again" video and is wondering if they are sorta Christian rock.

No, the song is actually about how James' (the lead singer) girlfriend getting pregnant. Her family is apparently Catholic and her parents weren't happy about their relationship/the pregnancy (hence the "it won't be long, until their hold is broken" line). So it's sort of taking the religious theme and turning it on its head, in an effort to express the idea that human love is almost a religion in its own and to come away from the Puritanical view of sexual (or non-Platonic) love as being dirty and sinful. It's about the spirituality of their relationship, sort of like the juxtapostion of sex/religious themes on Achtung Baby. I think. Anyway, it really is basically about them looking for a house ("it won't be long, until we've found our home") and starting their own lives as adults.

Though I'm afraid to get one of the "She was born again" t-shirts because I'm afraid when I go back to the US for Christmas, random people will stop me and comment on how nice it is that I'm so proud of my faith. :laugh:

Anyway, yay for you and your flatmate going to the show!!! :applaud: They are amazing live, and seeing them in a small venue is one of the greatest experiences humanly possible. :heart:

meegannie said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm serious. :|

I will do my bestest. ;) Can you imagine though?!

Aw, the days....:heart: We were so young, so easily amused....
Sigh...i know... There was that one sad moment. There had better not be a reenactment, or (^)(6) might strike... ;)

originally posted by Digi
I might be up for Philly as well. They kicked so much arse at 9:30 last time around in 2001, I would not mind seeing them twice.
Yay! :D I haven't bought tickets yet or anything...I'll email you later about it though. I'm not at home and this computer won't let me access hotmail. :mad:

DiGi said:
I might be up for Philly as well. They kicked so much arse at 9:30 last time around in 2001, I would not mind seeing them twice.

Do it!!!! :hyper:

I'm living vicariously through all of you. How sad am I for being so happy about other people seeing my favourite band? :reject:

joyfulgirl said:

Housemate just called to see where else we could go see them.
:|

Pretty much any city would do.

I bet Music Was Saved live is going to be awesome and Born Again.....that song is awesome in person. this is great. I'm pumped.

DiGi said:
I bet Music Was Saved live is going to be awesome and Born Again.....that song is awesome in person. this is great. I'm pumped.
It is. And how they start the gig... eek! :heart: I want to go NOW.

I'm living vicariously through all of you. How sad am I for being so happy about other people seeing my favourite band?
No, that's good, not sad... :hug: We need to chat though..I mean, how should I...argh! :crack: "i need a sta...stabi...stabilaizzxer..." and "Where?" ;) :laugh:

:reject: This is the most excited I've been about something in a while, can't help it... :eek:

jkayet said:

No, that's good, not sad... :hug: We need to chat though..I mean, how should I...argh! :crack: "i need a sta...stabi...stabilaizzxer..." and "Where?" ;) :laugh:

Don't worry....DiGi is an excellent sta-a-a-bilizer. ;):yes: He helped me not freak out too much when we met Idlewild. :) I'm sure if the opportunity to speak to them arises, it will be good.

meegannie said:

No, the song is actually about how James' (the lead singer) girlfriend getting pregnant. ... It's about the spirituality of their relationship, sort of like the juxtapostion of sex/religious themes on Achtung Baby. I think.

Thanks for explanation. Now I love them even more.
:up:

OK...I am in for Chicago. I have a driving partner too.

Need to see if Screaming Flour is interested, as well as EP!

jkayet said:
Jan 17 2004: Starsailor
Guvernment Entertainment Complex - Guvernment
Toronto, ON

Agggyhhhhhhh...I didn't even see this until now....ohmylord.

Edit: Okay, got two tickets...I was so excited I typed in my phone # wrong 3 times in a row :crack: Thanks so much for posting this.

I'm soooo excited!

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Damn..all I need is someone to go with now!

*zoney, up for a trip to T.O. again?* :sexywink:

It is a Saturday....... :D

Edit* I may be able to get JKayet up there tooo with a buddy pass.
:hmm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom