Starsailor US Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet Tart said:
the toronto show was really good. ended way too early though.

I know! 9:00, what IS that? I was surprised.

For those that don't know, there's an entertainment complex in T.O. that contaisn two places: the Guvernment and the Kool Haus. Concerts are usually at the Kool Haus while clubs/etc are at Guvernment. For some odd reason, the concert was booked at Guvernment, on a Sat. night of all times, so Starsailor had to clear out early to make way for the club scene. :sad: :angry:

At least James was funny about it, "For the administration here that's freaking out about us still being onstage, don't worry, we're down to the last number."

jkayet said:
Hey, did they allow digital cameras in toronto?

The place itself didn't allow cameras, but security was pretty lax. I noticed quite a few people with cameras...hadn't brought mine myself because 1) I didn't think I'd end up close 2) didn't wasnt to worry about it all night and wanted to focus on the music.

Ended up 3rd row. :shrug: all well, still good.

just got back from the show! so awesome and I've converted the boyfriend. ahh....its been too long since I last saw the boys. Few highlights -- they covered Thunder Road and Streets. Right before Good Souls someone yelled "Streets!" so I did too and some other folks did so James played it. so cool! Music critic guy David Fricke stood behind us during the show so my friend Donna and I made sure to scream extra loud and sing all the words. so overall, great show!!!!!! you all must go.

oh, wow... :applaud: Ok, i've been debating the obsessive amount of shows I plan on going to, but I feel much better about my decisions now. :D

I hope the rest of you who are going get to see as good of a show as a few of us saw last night. The show was awesome start to end. Silence is Easy in person was beyond good and what I expected. Let see what else, oh, there was an accoustic cover of All I Want is You followed by Thunder Road. They played a really nice mix of old and new stuff. The sound was excellent. Four to the Floor was pretty sweet, as was Fidelity and to close the show, Good Souls and Streets.

:heart: It was a great gig. I found renewed loved for 'Tie up my hands' and 'goodsouls' (which i always loved, but I'd been focusing on the new songs in the past couple gigs I saw).
Hehe, James started playing the opening chords for "all i want is you" and digi and i are like :ohmy:. He stopped then, so we were in suspense for a minute before he finally played it.
I'm also consistently amazed by the quality of James's voice. He just gets better. :D

It was great all the way through - Good Souls, Music was Saved, Born Again, Silience is easy, Streets, Thunder Road, All I want is You, Love is here and so many more great songs.
I also was amazed when he started strumming All I Want is You.

DiGi said:
we missed you megan. I am listening to a bootleg and I want to go to another show now.
we did miss you... :hug:

Well, my plans to attend the chicago gig are seeming less and less likely. :( Weather :mad: I appear to be snowed in in DC. :rant: My car isn't going anywhere today...

I can't wait for Saturday. They're predicting snow, though, so it might be a tricky long drive. :(

I've been listening to Silence is Easy a lot this week because I still had not really connected with that record yet. I loved Love is Here on the first listen and have been very lukewarm on the new one since I got it. But now I'm getting into it. I really like the big splashy productions like "Four to the Floor" and "Bring My Love." The whole record has grown on me (except for the opening track which I always skip) and I especially love the second half of the record. I think it's all going to sound awesome live!

:hyper:

Four to the Floor, Alcoholic, and Good Souls were my highlights. James seemed so happy up there last night.

I am still not sure what to think of the Chicago crowds. This one was a decent crowd.

I can't wait to see them again!

P.S. - We had a different opening act last night. I liked him (Matthew Ryan) at first. A good raspy voice. But...that only works for a few songs. I also started listening to his lyrics...mmm....not so good.

Last edited:
We get Matthew Ryan, too. I don't know anything about him. But when I listen to James Walsh's lyrics...mmm not so good either! :silent: But he is forgiven because the sincerity shines through. Not to mention that killer voice and just the overall spirit of the music. I look forward to hearing what he's writing, lyrically, when he's like 30.

What size crowds have been at the shows? We're just wondering what time we should get there.

joyfulgirl said:
But when I listen to James Walsh's lyrics...mmm not so good either! :silent: But he is forgiven because the sincerity shines through.

:laugh::up:

I think the new album is far better than the first lyrically, but overall, I agree. :uhoh:

joyfulgirl said:
We get Matthew Ryan, too. I don't know anything about him. But when I listen to James Walsh's lyrics...mmm not so good either! :silent: But he is forgiven because the sincerity shines through. Not to mention that killer voice and just the overall spirit of the music. I look forward to hearing what he's writing, lyrically, when he's like 30.

What size crowds have been at the shows? We're just wondering what time we should get there.

We arrived when doors opened. Were like 2nd row. The Show ended up being pretty crowded.

DiGi said:

We arrived when doors opened. Were like 2nd row. The Show ended up being pretty crowded.

Rows? Wow, I was picturing a bar. I hope they have rows. I :heart: rows with chairs.

My first post in ages!

The show was awesome. I never thought they would be so good live. :up:

I like the second album better than the first.

We are back from Boulder and had an incredible time. Braved a blizzard to get there which made it even more special. They are amazing live! The Housemate had a religious experience. I can't believe how incredible James' voice is. And we got "All I Want is You" :combust: James is precious. I love how he sings melancholy songs with a lot of joy.

"Four to the Floor" totally rocked!

The Fox Theatre is a great place to see shows so for those of you who like to travel for music I suggest considering Boulder for a future destination. It holds about 700 people but I swear there could not have been more than 150-200 people there--if that many--which was great for us but made me sad for Starsailor. People there said it's always like that regardless of who's playing which makes it a very intimate setting.

We got there early and just walked right in and sat in on soundcheck since nobody seemed to care at that point. Later I guess we could've met James because he was sitting up at the sushi bar in the lobby all by himself but he was eating and looked like he was in that pre-show concentration space and we didn't want to bother him. (Fools.)

Anyway, I am in love with this young band. I figured I'd be one of the oldest people there since The Fox is right across the street from the university, but in fact there were a lot of older people there--couples in their late 50's and stuff--and I could not figure out how they had heard of Starsailor but it made me happy. In fact, their music makes people happy, that was quite evident. It was one of the best overall experiences I've had traveling to a show.

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom