star wars episode 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
great script?! great script?! wtf......nxt thing i know yall gonna tell me that freddy got fingered was the greatest film of all time...good god man what is wrong with u people...i cant belive what im reading...the first one was so bad...i mean it was natrocious...wait, it was worse than that..it was so bad it created its own word...natroad...or batrocious...yeah..thats it it was batrocious...buy my ticket, or ill wait a month before i see this one...i aint fightin for it...hell id rather watch the crocdile hunter move...and epsoide 4-6 kicked ass...epsoide 1 sucked it...

I'm getting discouraged...I'm going to see it...but I haven't seen one good review of it yet...
frown.gif
I mean by professional reviewers...that usually doesn't bother me but one guy's (the one on Good Morning America) opinion almost always gels with mine...we agree on practically everything...he didn't really like it...
frown.gif

Hope he's wrong...

dream wanderer

I don't think I've read a single glowing review yet. lol. But I'll still go see it just for the hell of it. Great acting has never been a hallmark of the Star Wars films (Mark Hamill anyone?
tongue.gif
) and neither is great scripts. But the FX oughta be cool and hey, Ewan MacGregor is enough to get my $7.50.

Originally posted by Anthony:
I remember I once told him that watching Yoda fight would be the most ridiculous sight on the face of the earth... the little dude DOES kick ass. His was the best fighting sequence ever. It was breathtaking.

Ant.

1486311.jpg

Yoda rulz!

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

maybe Not George Lucas or Achtung Bubba could answer this:
Is Episode II titled Attack of the Clones because it was originally about clones of multi-colored Darth Mauls being created?

As far as I know (which, when it comes to Star Wars, is a bit too far), that was never the case. Before the film had a final name, it was established that Ray Park (Darth Maul) would not be returning.

Incidentally, the working title of AOTC was The Adventures of Jar Jar.

great script?! great script?! wtf......nxt thing i know yall gonna tell me that freddy got fingered was the greatest film of all time...good god man what is wrong with u people...

What is wrong with us? Well, for starters, I think the main problem is that we understood and appreciated the events in TPM and saw where it was taking us. What's wrong with us? We were able to appreciate all the little subtleties and nuances to see what was really going on.

I'm getting discouraged...I'm going to see it...but I haven't seen one good review of it yet... I mean by professional reviewers...that usually doesn't bother me but one guy's (the one on Good Morning America) opinion almost always gels with mine...we agree on practically everything...he didn't really like it...
Hope he's wrong...

IT's gotten lots of good reviews. Check out http://theforce.net . They have links to pretty much all of them.

------------------

Truth is offensive.
I'm morally opposed to rape, and I would never rape anyone, but I think, ultimately, it's up to the rapist and no one else.

Originally posted by muh2o:
"Attack of the Clones." I don't want to give anything away, but maybe after some of you see it tonight, you can help me with this one?? I just have a problem with one of the words in the title.

Hmmm... problems with one of the words, eh? Let me guess - is it the word "the?" I knew it!!!

*pats self on back

No! It can't be "the"! I don't believe you! That's impossiblllllllle!!!

------------------

Truth is offensive.
I'm morally opposed to rape, and I would never rape anyone, but I think, ultimately, it's up to the rapist and no one else.

Originally posted by dream wanderer:
I'm getting discouraged...I'm going to see it...but I haven't seen one good review of it yet...
frown.gif
I mean by professional reviewers...that usually doesn't bother me but one guy's (the one on Good Morning America) opinion almost always gels with mine...we agree on practically everything...he didn't really like it...
frown.gif

Hope he's wrong...

dream wanderer

Rotten Tomatoes has listed all of the major reviews and the film has a 62% FRESH rating!! This isn't as high as "Spider-Man", but it certainly isn't a negative either for it means that, overall, critics do like it. As was stated in one critic's review, there is a gaggle of critics claiming "Attack..." is junk. They were the first to write and they caught the media's attention. Hence everyone thinks that all the critics hate the film, when clearly that isn't true.

Of course, having not seen the film, perhaps it is junk and I will wind up agreeing with those negative critics. However, considering I've liked all of the "Star Wars" films to date, I'm sure I'll like this one too.
biggrin.gif
Plus, a film like this is pretty much immune to critical review.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 05-15-2002).]

Originally posted by Not George Lucas:
No! It can't be "the"! I don't believe you! That's impossiblllllllle!!!

Let's look at this logically. We both know it can't be "Attack" or "Clones." That's just silly. And everyone and their pet goldfish loves "of." Therefore, it MUST be "the" - the most hated of all words.

icon39.gif

Look, you can't get very far in life without the word "the", now, can you? "Of", on the other hand, is pure evil. Can't you see? Everyone loves "of" because it appeases their personal demons. That's not the case with "the". "The" is a good word, proud and noble. Without "the" there can be nothing, not even your beloved "of".

------------------

Truth is offensive.

Originally posted by wannabe:
maybe Not George Lucas or Achtung Bubba could answer this:

Is Episode II titled Attack of the Clones because it was originally about clones of multi-colored Darth Mauls being created?

No. It's called Attack of the Clones because it has clones, and they attack...

After seeing this film a few times, I am still confused by the title. I don't want to give anything away, but maybe after some of you see it tonight, you can help me with this one?? I just have a problem with one of the words in the title.

In regards to the script of the Phantom Menace..it was a GREAT script. Anyone who knew anything going into it knew the next three parts was about one thing, that being the evolution of Darth Vader. It was not about cloning (pardon the pun) the original trilogy. The Phantom Menace does a great job setting up AOTC.

Anyway, to each their own.

Originally posted by muh2o:
No. It's called Attack of the Clones because it has clones, and they attack...

I laughed out loud at that and people in my office looked at me like I was wack. Thank you very much.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-15-2002).]

I just got back from a midnight showing about 45 minutes ago, and I really enjoyed this movie! The cinematography is extraordinary. The story is good...it gets a little slow in spots, but that's to be expected with a movie that runs about 2-1/2 hours.

I thought the acting was fine, and better than that in the other episodes I'd seen (4,5,6). And the story did a fabulous job of setting the stage for episode 3--I wish I could see that tomorrow!

And I must say that Ewan MacGregor is a hottie! Gorgeous!!!

Don't listen to the critics on this one. See it ASAP...you'll want to go back and see it again!

i still think eposide one was batrocious...i'd rather watch batman and robin first...but ill give epsoide 2 a chance...but only for yoda and sam jack and his purple lightsaber...the acting was never top notce, but the stories in 4-6 was better than 1....1 was a joke...

The plot in Episode II is suberb, almost as good as the oldies.

The acting as always been awkward. I mean mark hamel and Harrison were both sub-standard, IMO - just pretty stiff sometimes.
This movie had great acting.
Great battle scenes.
great monsters! - I love the monster with the "knife feet"

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

here's my insight, you know... i always wanted to be a reviewer, i mean, it looks like the easiest job in the world:

THERE ARE A HEAP OF SPOILERS IN THIS POST!

yep, this movie was WAY BETTER! than the phantom menace, hmm... its not the 2nd worst either, but it needs to stand the test of time to tell

anyway there were plusses and negatives, everyone's a movie critic, and starwars is big part of a lot of people's lives, to the point its more than a movie, more like a RELIGION, that and i have the right to cut and pick away at this film, george is making his billions (if not millions) off me

Plusses
the bad guy is cool, way better than darth maul in the first episode, he looks impossible to kill, angry and full of ATTITUDE

didnt get to see much of jar jar binks

the movie was not aimed at 12 year olds anymore

the movie didnt suffer from blind unoriginality like the first one did, there were a heap of things which wouldnt have made us say: been there, done that this time around

ewan mcgregor is always giving a good honest job, despite the fact he hasnt got the greatest lines.

samuel l jackson (thankfully) has a firmer role in this film, but we still await his moment in the trilogy yet, one suspects, someone make him TALK!

it was nice to see 3PO and r2d2 take the comic relief spotlight after failing so miserably with jar jar binks

Negatives

Sloppy storytelling- george is either losing his touching, but he fails to highlight important moments like he used to: when anakin wreaked out his vengeance on all the tatooine slave-dealers, it was treated as a sideshow, rather than something of significance, the pace of the movie was a problem with insignificant events moving very slowly, whereas significant ones such as the one i brought up, is washed away like markings on the sands of a beach

theres still a bit of work needed on the dialogue, hayden christenssen cant hold together 2 lines, and his flabby yank accent makes him goofy sounding, for someone who is spoken to be a great warrior, he sure isnt majestic

hmm it seems rather unfortunate starwars has become more reknown for its special effects, creative looking creatures and action sequences rather than a drama film
and that was what was truly underrated in the first trilogy, the tacky dialogue
one key of the first trilogy was DEFINITELY Harrison Ford and his space pirate act, that is sadly missing in this 2nd trilogy, i mean i was SO waiting for a tacky punchline to come out

a few things which have happened more than once for the trilogy, eg: young anakin skywalker flying a plane and blowing up an enemy base, and in the 2nd part, him getting his hand sliced off

anyway ive written enough, i hope i havent bored you

cant wait til 2005/6
tongue.gif

------------------
Drive boy dog boy
Dirty numb angel boy
In the doorway boy
She was a lipstick boy
She was a beautiful boy
And tears boy
And all in your innerspace boy
You had
hands girl boy
and steel boy
You had chemicals boy
I've grown so close to you
Boy and you just groan boy
She said comeover comeover
She smiled at you boy.

yeah man, try to keep up

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

SO much better than Phantom Menace!!!

It really has the feel of the originals I think, a lot more than PM anyway. The humour is back with 3PO and R2. I think Ewan is doing a great performance as Obi Wan.

I enjoyed it, hardly any Jar Jar which is always a great thing.

My final comments ...Yoda... light sabre ... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
biggrin.gif

Hey everyone!
I`ve seen the movie yesterday, Don`t you all wanna know what I think about it?! Good... BEcause I`m gonna tell you anyway!
biggrin.gif

First of all a few important Deails to pay attention to:
1. Yoda`s fighting scene-now THAT`S what I call a jedy!!!
2. The body Hunter(s) was Hispanic. SO does his "son" (I`m trying by best here not to spoil it for people...) . What do you think that means?! just wondering
3. At a sertain point, Natalie`s fihgting outfit "gets shorter" . Can`t figure out how that happend. Did she change the shirt while fighting?!?!?!
4. The ending?! Is perfect!!!
smile.gif
(Of course I wount spoil it for you...)
As for the movie ,well I loved it very much. Even my boyfriend (who "Hates that expenssive ,overacted shit") loved every minute of it. Don`t listen to the critics ,they don`t know what they`re talking about. One thing is for sure, I think Star wars has a very good chance to win the "special affect" cathegory .

Any way- GO WATCH IT, ENJOY IT, AND CHEAR YODA, HE DESERVES IT!!!

May the force be with you all!
wink.gif

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

Glad you enjoyed it Memphis Eve, but I would like to address some of your observations...

"2. The body Hunter(s) was Hispanic. SO does his "son" (I`m trying by best here not to spoil it for people...) . What do you think that means?! just wondering"

I think you mean BOUNTY Hunter Jango and Boba Fett, right? Well, they're NOT hispanic, though they're swarthiness might seem it so, they're basically MAORI, or atleast Jango Fett is, and you can pick this up everytime the man speaks, and his son is definately NOT hispanic (I should know, since I'm hispanic). Again, like PHANTOM, CLONES has been receiving accusations of being racist, which is completely absurd. Even if Jango and Boba were hispanic, it doesn't mean anything at all.

"3. At a sertain point, Natalie`s fihgting outfit "gets shorter" . Can`t figure out how that happend. Did she change the shirt while fighting?!?!?!"

No, her shirt was wripped by the Nexu when she was in the arena, remember, that was ripped off and so she either took it off at one point, or it fell off during the massive fight.

Again, glad you enjoyed the film,and for those who haven't seen it yet... do! Its amazing!

Ant.

Thenk youu!
smile.gif

And thank`s for the responce Anthony! It`s always nice to hear from a big Star wars fan who knows what he`s talking about!

Go see it people you`ll have fun!

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...

MOULIN ROUGE

Originally posted by Basstrap:
hmmm...I love foriegn accents
smile.gif

Lookie ,Lookie....It`s Mr. Wells!
biggrin.gif

Don`t be a stranger ,E-mail me if you`ll find time, K? Tell me whats up! I kinda missed you!

------------------

MOULIN ROUGE

Back
Top Bottom