spyware snarl--help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I have this stupid piece of spyware, WeatherBug, on my computer. I can't get the stupid thing off. I did get it off but then it came back with a System Restore thing. Then I had to disable System Restore to kick a virus out of my computer. Now the :censored: thing is just stuck. Damn. Anyone know what I should do? Thanks in advance.

I downloaded that. I'm having trouble with the remove feature. It told me I had to go back into a site and add this. I did but the download didn't work right. So I can get a list of the :censored: spies but I can't take them out.

after ad-aware scanes... click on "next" to see the list of spies...

Then right click on the spies-list and click "select all"... then click the next button...

That should remove all your spyware.

Hmmm, when you get the list make sure check all the boxes infront of the names of the spyware and then hit next. It will quarantine them for you. If it doesnt work, uninstall and reload Ad-Aware.

The first time I loaded it, it didnt work properly. I had to reinstall it myself. You may want to even download the program again.

The 2 Mofo's typed the same thing at once. Coincidence? I think not.

Then again, I really 'think not'. I'm not capable.

Oops, wrong program! I got anti-spyware programs mixed up. (I just took off an alleged anti-spyware program that turned out to be spyware itself. Weird). I've run this program, taken off all of the spies, and this stupid program is still on my computer! I got it off and then System Restore put it back on :censored: Should I take this version off my computer and then download it again? Maybe I should try the professional version?

because i always like to be safe, i not only use ad-aware, but i also use spybot - search and destroy. i love that name! search and destroy makes it sound so funny.

in fact, i just uninstalled that program the other day. to think, screen savers (on tech tv) recommended it, too! so after i did that, i ran both anti-spyware programs, and so far, so good.

Thanks Khan! I'll download that thing when I have more time, and hopefully I can get this :censored: software off of my computer! It's taking up bandwidth!!

Good grief! I just download Spybot and it stuck my system up! I think I need the shareware version. <sigh> ..............:censored: :censored:

I should have looked at the software more before I downloaded it. I had to uninstall it. After work I'm going to download it again and this time look at the settings. I'm too impulsive. That makes me make software mistakes like this.

ya know I used to have WeatherBug installed on my computer too, until someone told me it was spyware and I removed it pronto :down:

I am wondering...

If you need to; shut off system restore, scan and quarantine to remove this program then go back and delete the quarantined files saved by ad-aware, then turn on system restore and set a new restore point. That would be the same thing you did when you removed a worm or virus because system restore holds the files and brings them back into your system. You could also try start>run>regedit and remove the listings and little trails of the program after you remove the program. I find the control "F" (find) and type in the name of the removed program works best to locate registry key entries because you can just keep doing it until all of the entries are gone. Just be careful you don't remove something you need.

Back
Top Bottom