Springsteen VII ~ Wrecking Ball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to see people liking Rocky Ground - seems it's the one song getting the most negative feedback. One review thought the rap portion was "forced", and I think it blends in perfectly.

The weak link for me, with You got it (and not ending the album with Land of hope and dreams).
I like the shift in the mood of the album with Wrecking ball.

Top 3 ? Land of hope and dreams (imagine this one might be getting covered by others in years to come), Wrecking ball and Jack of all trades.

Digging the record...does Bruce tend to play a lot of latest album live ?

I like this version of Land of Hope and Dreams more than the one that's on ... whatever live album it's on.

I think it was first released on the Live in NY '99 album (from the late 90's reunion tour). I'm wondering if they're going to switch up the arrangement for this tour. I heard it twice on the Rising Tour and thought that is was fantastic live.

I think it was first released on the Live in NY '99 album (from the late 90's reunion tour). I'm wondering if they're going to switch up the arrangement for this tour. I heard it twice on the Rising Tour and thought that is was fantastic live.

the arrangement at the apollo show was more like the album arrangement than the arrangements from past tours (and the live in nyc album).

Land of hope and dreams - live @ apollo theater 09-03-2012 - Bruce Springsteen - YouTube

Ha, I bought the album on Friday and then completely forgot about that show. Sounds good. I'm all up for new arrangements. The re-worked Reason to Believe on the Magic Tour was a highlight.

According to Mashable, Bruce's SXSW keynote address will be live streamed on NPR tomorrow.

Does anyone know if they will archive this on the web site? I was actually going to watch it but it still hasn't started 20 min later. I only have 40 more minutes.

That music they're playing sounds like the music they play in DSW. At least there you can have fun trying on crazy shoes.

The album isn't really growing on me :sigh:

Still. I love the live performances and was, much to my surprise, able to catch a GA ticket for his show here in Vienna on 12 July. I hadn't expected to get a ticket but I happened to get one this morning. My poor bank account, I really don't have much money right now since I'm not working for half a year, but I just have to go and see Bruce again.

The entire Apollo Concert is here. You can rip to mp3.

Bruce Springsteen at the Apollo Theater, Mar.9, 2012. ENTIRE SHOW!! Great Audio! - YouTube

Also, Bruce gave the Keynote Address at SXSW. He explains the current music scene and the bands who influenced him. He evens plays a few songs. It is worth the almost hour of your time, especially for you Bruce fans. I loved his induction of U2 into the Hall of Fame but this speech tops that. Amazing...enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWVp7NBp9XU

So, it looks like the Wrecking Ball Tour starts tonight in Atlanta..not counting the Apollo and SXSW shows? :hyper:

I'm home, which means I'm not at the TD Garden tonight. Just couldn't make it. I'm sure he'll swing back through here later in the tour, but seeing as how he and the band are, from reports I've read, already on fire, I'm disappointed.

Even more so now that I see he's played fucking THUNDERCRACK tonight.

edit: fuck me, he just did Jackson Cage.

phanan said:
I'm home, which means I'm not at the TD Garden tonight. Just couldn't make it. I'm sure he'll swing back through here later in the tour, but seeing as how he and the band are, from reports I've read, already on fire, I'm disappointed.

Even more so now that I see he's played fucking THUNDERCRACK tonight.

edit: fuck me, he just did Jackson Cage.

:(

she's the one followed jackson cage, and it was excellent. it was a really, really good show. Thundercrack KILLED. 8 minutes or so of pure awesomeness. I was really psyched that even the second row from all the way at the top most nosebleed behind the stage crap seats i had, i was not in the pocket of uber lameness i feared and pretty much everyone around me was rocking out. And I finally got to see thunder road live, which minus letting patti warble some harmonies, was just about the greatest thing ever. Some douchey college kids got thrown out for smoking cigars, and pissed me off during lonesome day when I got ashed in the back of the neck. Kind of like when that girl at the flogging Molly show bit me during "what's left of the flag", I would have been angry enough if it hadn't happened during a song I absolutely love...I may have turned around and threatened to stab one of them in the neck and stuff the cigar down the hole in heir trachea...but someone else must have complained in a more appropriate manner and security threw them out a song later, during the rising.

I still can't stand we take care of our own, and hearing it live is the only time I've actually heard the whole song since there was no skip button at the show, but all the rest of the new stuff was damn good. The empty spotlights for Clarence and Danny Federici during my city of ruins was...I can't quite think of the word I want, but I'd be lying if i said my eye didn't start to tear up a bit.

Certain placement of songs were...I'm not sure...something about jack of all trades sandwiched where it was, and 41 shots between the medley and rocking rising tunes. It either worked incredibly well or entirely killed the mood for a song before swinging back into all-out party that was most of the set. I'm not really sure. At any rate, I had a great time. And I've never heard dancing in the dark sound so good.

We Take Care of Our Own
Wrecking Ball
Badlands
Death to My Hometown
My City of Ruins
Thundercrack
Jack of All Trades
Jackson Cage
She's the One
Easy Money
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
The Promised Land
The Way You Do the Things You Do/634-5789
American Skin (41 Shots)
Lonesome Day
The Rising
We Are Alive
Thunder Road

Rocky Ground
Land of Hope and Dreams
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
Raise Your Hand
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

I had number 54 in the GA and they drew 29, so I ended up in the front row in front of Nils and very close to Bruce. Of course he moves around the stage so much that I got to watch him so much right in front of me. It was just an awesome experience, luckily no one nearby acted like an ass enough to ruin it for me.

Thundercrack was great, the 17 year old kid in front of me in line ended up right in front of Bruce (he and his cousin were so hyper that I just didn't think I could take three hours of it so I went elsewhere) and he made the sign for that. He certainly got Bruce's attention, and his harmonica.

Jake Clemons is very good, I'm no saxophone expert but I think he knows what he's doing. It was bittersweet but the crowd was supporting him so much.

My only complaint is Peter Wolf, that is even more tired than Sweet Caroline if that's even humanly possible. Come on Bruce, it's time to cut the cord. Also there wasn't the spontaneity of last tour with the signs and the obscure songs, but I wasn't expecting that anyway. Maybe they'll be more of that as the tour goes on, but that's the only show I'm seeing. Unless he comes back here.

For ladies only (especially Martha)

His body looks hotter than ever imo. Wow, it was a very nice view :D Unfortunately my camera phone sucks so I didn't bother with pictures. But I just don't know how he does it. Very impressive. Of course my favorite move is that microphone move and he did that and it was sweet to be that close. Just sayin.

His body looks hotter than ever imo. Wow, it was a very nice view :D Unfortunately my camera phone sucks so I didn't bother with pictures. But I just don't know how he does it. Very impressive. Of course my favorite move is that microphone move and he did that and it was sweet to be that close. Just sayin.

Oh yeah.

Are we talking about the upside down flip thing?

Back
Top Bottom