Springsteen Survivor - We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO favorites.

• Mrs. McGrath

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Henry

• Jacob's Ladder

• Eyes on the Prize

• Shenandoah

• Froggie Went a Courtin'

• Buffalo Gals

• How Can I Keep From Singing

• Bring 'em Home

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please vote for your TWO favorites.

Being a tier 3 album (and the only damn Springsteen album I've never heard) We Shall Overcome will have one round of multiple choice voting. I actually am remembering that today is Friday this week, so I will leave the round open all weekend. This album could use all the support it can get lol. Oh, one more note, this will be based on the American Land edition of the album.

The Results of the Devils and Dust tiebreaker:
Long Time Comin' - 4
All The Way Home - 3
Jesus Was An Only Son - 2

Making the tier 3 semi-final now:
Devils and Dust
Long Time Comin'
Youngstown
The Ghost of Tom Joad
If I Should Fall Behind
Better Days
Living Proof Human Touch
Soul Driver

The completed tier 1:
Lonesome Day
You're Missing
The Rising
My City of RuinsBorn in the U.S.A.
Downbound Train
I'm on Fire
Dancing in the Dark Badlands
Candy's Room
Promised Land
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Thunder Road
Backstreets
Born to Run
She's the One
Jungleland
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Incident on 57th Street
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
New York City Serenade

The Tier 2 Semi-final is (which will be finished next week with Magic):
Tunnel of Love
Brilliant Disguise
Valentine's Day Nebraska
Atlantic City
Johnny 99
Reason to Believe The Ties that Bind
Sherry Darling
Two Hearts
Independence Day
The River
Cadillac Ranch
Lost in the Flood
For You
Spirit in the Night
It's Hard to Be A Saint in the City

You need to do yourself a favor and listen to this. One of the best albums he's done recently.

It's gonna be tough picking only two songs here. How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live is probably gonna be one of them though.

I mean, I adore American Land, but the idea of Springsteen and a bunch of people sitting around singing "Froggie Went A Courtin'" is kind of terrifying. I watched the video for "Pay Me My Money Down" once, and I couldn't believe they'd done a whole album of that. That being said, yeah, I'll finally listen to it this weekend. Probalbly won't vote, I don't feel right voting based on an album I've heard only once, but we'll see.

Ugh, don't go by Froggie Went A Courtin', which is probably the worst song here. Listen to stuff like Old Dan Tucker, Jacob's Ladder, O Mary Don't You Weep, and others for a better idea.

I still can't believe Pitchfork gave this album an 8.5.

I'll go with Old Dan Tucker and American Land.

Love this album. Bring 'em Home is beautiful and haunting, and How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live? would be a worthy winner.

My Oklahoma Home and American Land. Great album, was sad to miss the tour.

I frickin' love this album. (But yeah, there are a few songs I can do without - guess that just shows how awesome I think the rest of it is, that I still frickin' love it with those few songs!)

I don't know how I'll choose two.

My faves:

American Land
O Mary Don't You Weep
Pay Me My Money Down
Old Dan Tucker
Mrs Mcgrath
John Henry
Erie Canal
Bring 'Em Home

Am I posting just to bump this because there are only 4 votes? Yes. Still haven't had time to listen to this, been trying to catch up on DI, but if there's honestly anything on here BETTER than American Land, I'd be surprised. I think what Bruce managed to put together in that song is something special.

Good thing you bumped this. I forgot to come back and vote.

I'm giving How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live a vote, because it deserves it, damn it.

My other vote was going to be American Land, but it looks safe, and it appears that we need to break the tie for the second song. So I'll go with O Mary Don't You Weep, although it would be hilarious to vote for Erie Canal and have that move on.

My other vote was going to be American Land, but it looks safe, and it appears that we need to break the tie for the second song. So I'll go with O Mary Don't You Weep, although it would be hilarious to vote for Erie Canal and have that move on.

Yay, O Mary!

I love Erie Canal. Low bridge! Everybody down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom