Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
I read that. Good stuff.

Just saw your post Nightsong. What a wonderful story.
tearsofjoy.gif

phanan said:

He's in full surprise mode now - he played Buffalo Gals and the freakin' Detroit Medley. A seven song encore.

Damn. I'm glad I'm dragging my mom and her husband to this show instead of the one I saw in November, which was great, but this is just going to be something else entirely.

i'm thinking based on previous set lists that either night or no surrender will open, but whichever one doesn't open will be somewhere else in the set.

the river will be back, but no thunder road (although i hope i'm wrong... i've never seen thunder road live :sad: )

encore will have either jungleland or rosalita... or both :drool:

there... make it happen bruce.

i'm trying to think of what he can do to fit long island :hmm:

Well, you got Jungleland man. Hope you enjoyed it.

You probably don't want to know this, but according to Backstreets, he actually had Meeting Across The River on the setlist before Jungleland, but then decided to take it off and add Ramrod later.

Oh well, getting Jungleland is better than nothing. And having Incident On 57th Street played works, too.

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW!!! The man is 58 years old and rocks like no ones business. He sounds better, guitar playing is amazing. Nils's guitar playing was unbelievable talk about being on fire. I did miss Thunder Road cause its one of my favorites, but I am happy with whatever the man sings. Just to be in his presence :bow:

I do think that we may have seen Clarence for one of the last tours, he's in his 60's and didn't look like he could move along to well. :( Even though my seats were all the way up, behind stage they turned out to be really good.

I also liked the lady that was almost Patti. As soon as I saw her I was like hey thats not Patti. :huh:

Headache :shame: didn't come over. :(

Last edited:
phanan said:
Well, you got Jungleland man. Hope you enjoyed it.

You probably don't want to know this, but according to Backstreets, he actually had Meeting Across The River on the setlist before Jungleland, but then decided to take it off and add Ramrod later.

Oh well, getting Jungleland is better than nothing. And having Incident On 57th Street played works, too.

yea i saw the copy of the setlist on brucespringsteen.net :mad:

ah well... i can't die happy now, but i suppose i can die content. :hi5:

great show none the less... went on around 8:20, left the stage just before 11. when born to run came on the roadie with the accordian kept coming up to the side of the stage, only to be sent back as he kicked into ramrod (which for some reason on the way to the train station i had a feeling he might play that tonight :hi5: ), then at the end of ramrod there was the accordian guy again, only to be sent away for dancing in the dark. he actually looked annoyed at this point.. it was funny. finally he gave it to gary for american land, which has certainly gets a much louder and raucous response from the audience then it did at the garden in october.

bruce made a lot of references to long island and jersey being mirror images of each other, being the no good bastard red-headed step children of new york city and all, which was cool. it's nice to see an act who actually says "good evening long island" instead of the usual no nothing guys who go "good evening nassau" as if nassau were the town we were all from. :tsk: for shame, eddie vedder... for shame.

anyhoo... pretty basic setlist for most of the show, with some nice surprises at the end. great energy throughout. can't wait for giants stadium in the summer for him to really break out the good shit :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
well this guy certainly didn't waste any time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rmV2ou-su0

i forgot one thing about jungleland... you can kinda hear it in that video. the crowd at one point in the begining of jungleland... they were booooooing, not bruuuuuuuucing.

why, you ask?

"the rangers had a homecoming"

What could Bruce expect with Islander flags hanging over head? :huh:

I really loved American Land...I saw myself sitting in a pub in Dublin. :drool:

Last edited:
Yesterday's Boston Globe:

Don't be surprised if Bruce Springsteen announces plans to play Gillette Stadium this summer. The Boss, who kicked off the Fenway concert series a few years back, is hitting the road with the E Street Band but so far hasn't scheduled any Boston dates. Word is Bruce will play Gillette on Aug. 1 and 2, immediately after he wraps up three nights at Giants Stadium in New Jersey.

:dance:

What's the likely hood of the tour being extended past July guys?

I'm thinking I'm going to head overseas If I want to catch some Springsteen show's t his tour. Oz seem's to be left off the map still.

Anu said:
Just checking back in with this thread in anticipation of Cincinnati, so forgive me for not combing the last several pages of the thread and the Springsteen virgin question, but what time do they go on and how long is the show?

Headache's post a few spots up is pretty much the standard. He comes on around 8:15-8:20 and plays for at least 2 1/2 hours.

bono_man2002 said:
What's the likely hood of the tour being extended past July guys?

I'm thinking I'm going to head overseas If I want to catch some Springsteen show's t his tour. Oz seem's to be left off the map still.

According to an interview with Little Steven, the tour appears to be going until October. No word yet on Oz.

I was listening to My City of Ruin from the Tribute to Heroes record last night. Bruce is an amazing singer. That performance is damn near perfect. Not a misplaced note or phrase. I think his singing is underappreciated at times. People tend to focus on the songwriting, the guitar playing, and the showmanship. But he can really sing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom