Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
southpaw_gil said:
The 2 LA shows were incredible! Got my tickets for both Anaheim shows today! This will be #7 and #8 dating back to 1980.

Folks - if you have never seen Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band do yourself a favor and go. You will not be disappointed.

Last month's bruce show was my first ever. Just got a GA for the 2nd anaheim show in April. can't wait for my first Bruce GA experience!

Awesome show last night! A powerful version of Jungleland-Clarence nailed it and Bruce was at his best! :combust:
I'll Work For Your Love was preceded by Bruce calling out for Nadine (?) whose boyfriend then proposed to her-very sweet! Bruce then blessed them, shook his hand and kissed the girl! :heart: After the song, Bruce said Patti would have killed him if he had proposed to her like that :laugh: (strangely enough when I saw Bruce on the River tour in Buffalo, he brought a couple on stage who danced to "I Wanna Marry You" towards the end Bruce asked "have you asked her yet" and the guy dropped on his knee and proposed :)

Got my wristband when they started at 8 AM - paid off well as I got a spot on the rail in front of Patti! :D

Gypsy Biker and Devil's Arcade were even better last night than back in Sept ! :up:

Peter Wolf was in the friends and family section along with Max's 93 year old Mom but didn't go onstage. Brian Williams was about 4 rows behind me in the Pit-he looked so much younger in person!

We got Jackson Cage too! Have to go recover and get some rest for tonight ;)

I'll be there tonight as well. Can't wait. I'm scoping Backstreets for a last minute GA, as there have been some posted, so perhaps I'll get lucky. If I recall, wristbands are available until around 4pm or so, so I've got time.

And if worst comes to worst, well, I've still got the loge ticket.

phanan said:
I'll be there tonight as well. Can't wait. I'm scoping Backstreets for a last minute GA, as there have been some posted, so perhaps I'll get lucky. If I recall, wristbands are available until around 4pm or so, so I've got time.

And if worst comes to worst, well, I've still got the loge ticket.
I'll be GA, so if you get lucky, you can hang in the warm line with me waiting for the lottery.

before you two leave...

do i have to worry about the show going too late that i miss the last train back to the alewife station?

in other words, do i actually have to figure out how to park near-ish to the bank north fleet whatsitcalled?

:help:

I read that last night ended at about 10:35.

I would think tonight may go a little later as its the last show of the leg, and we may get the obligatory Peter Wolf duet, but you should have no problem with the T to alewife. The only concern might be certain commuter rail ines, the regular T should be no problem.

Well that show did not suck.
phanan and I were not lottery winners, but did manage spots on the rail behind the pit.
Smoking performance, really like most of the new stuff live, especially Last to Die and Gypsy Biker.

Sadly it was apparent that the Danny rumors must have some truth to them cause the show was loaded with songs featuring the Phantom, and the night's final bows made it evident something was going on as Bruce went right to Danny at the end of This American Land and had his arm around him, Patty gave him a big hug, then he was center stage between Bruce and Stevie for the final bow with their arms around him, and he received pats on the back/hugs from the other members as they headed off stage. Hopefully he'll be OK whatever it is.

Goodbye Danny. I hope whatever it is goes away and you recover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxj6_eOQhsY

Had a fantastic time with Hewson on the rail outside the pit, great view, still very close, and the band was smoking, and we now know why. Three songs from The Wild, The Innocent, and Danny featured prominently all night. The original handwritten setlist had You'll Be Comin' Down making it's world debut, but because it was Danny's night, Sandy was on there instead. This Hard Land made an excellent appearance as well.

Very bittersweet at the end, and for a moment it looked like they might pull out a bonus song, but it appeared that Danny was just too emotional to keep going.

It was awesome.

All the tour dates are up now, by the way, all confirmed. Everyone in the Northwest and Southeast rejoice:

February 28 Hartford, CT HCC Arena (On sale now)
March 2 Montreal, QC Bell Centre (Nov. 24)
March 3 Hamilton, ONT Copps Coliseum (Nov. 23)
March 6 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena (Sold out)
March 7 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena (On sale now)
March 10 Hempstead, NY Nassau Coliseum (Jan. 19)
March 14 Omaha, NE Quest Center (Dec. 8th)
March 16 St. Paul, MN Xcel Center (On sale now)
March 17 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center (Nov. 26)
March 20 Indianapolis, IN Canseco Center (Dec. 8th)
March 22 Cincinnati, OH U.S. Bank Arena (Dec. 1)
March 24 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center (Dec. 1)
March 28 Portland, OR The Rose Garden (Dec. 8th)
March 29 Seattle, WA Key Arena (Dec. 8th)
March 31 Vancouver, BC GM Place (Nov. 30)
April 4 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena (Jan. 19)
April 5 San Jose, CA HPPavillion at San Jose (Jan. 21)
April 7 Anaheim, CA Honda Center (On sale now)
April 8 Anaheim, CA Honda Center (On sale now)
April 13 Dallas, TX TBA (TBA)
April 14 Houston, TX TBA (TBA)
April 18 Ft Lauderdale, FL Bank Atlantic Center (Dec. 1)
April 19 Orlando, FL Amway Arena (Dec. 1)
April 21 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum (Dec. 1)
April 25 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena (On sale now)
April 27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcat Arena (Dec. 7)
April 28 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum (Dec. 7)
April 30 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena (TBA)

The only surprise to me was no Denver or Phoenix anywhere on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom