Springsteen, Part II - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #586
The Male

Local Time: 06:18 PM
I haven't downloaded the leak, but I'm just dropping by to say that Radio Nowhere sounds like vintage Springsteen + vintage REM and is totally awesome.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #587
She's the One

Maybe someday an LA venue will be announced and an on-sale date too. Maybe even before the scheduled concert.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #588
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

yea, i'm gonna try to go to the oakland show,
plane tix on southwest are majorly cheap

my only problem is the concert tickets go on sale on a monday! grrrr
Old 09-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #589
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
I haven't downloaded the leak, but I'm just dropping by to say that Radio Nowhere sounds like vintage Springsteen + vintage REM and is totally awesome.

I can't figure out how to download the leak/torrent/torrent software. So I'm just going to read your comments and wait until October.

Quote:
originally posted by randhail
wow, that was the easiest experience I've ever had getting a ticket via ticketmaster. Got in, got a GA for Hartford, and was out by 10:01.
Get. Out.
:hopesforsimilarexperienceintwoweeks:
Old 09-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #590
Blue Crack Supplier

Really enjoying this album. It's more consistent then The Rising, which obviously tried more new things and had 2-3 more songs (depending on whether you count Terry's Song), but I'm still undecided if the peaks on the new album are higher, or if a pared-down Rising would clearly be better. It feels more like an E-Street Band album, for what it's worth.

I have to agree with Headache's assessment of Your Own Worst Enemy. It's not a horrible song, but it's the weakest in execution. It sounds like it was meant for some Christmas album, very over-produced, and it may have worked better later in the album. At track 4, it sticks out way too much. I'll also add that I'll Work For Your Love is about as generic a Bruce song as I could imagine, and while it isn't "bad", it does nothing for me.

Highlights so far:

Radio Nowhere
Livin' in the Future
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
Magic
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Old 09-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #591
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:18 PM
i don't know if i'm even gonna try to get tickets for jersey or MSG tomorrow... i think i'll probably have a greater chance if i just wait for ticket drops either on the day of or some other point between now and then.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #592
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:18 PM
One of the BTXers is organizing a ticket drop notification system, $10 for 3 cities..Info here:
http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=30631
Old 09-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #593
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I have bandwidth upload restrictions on my server here at school, so torrents are extremely problematic. Would anybody send it to me? The best option is jasonccash (at) gmail.com
Old 09-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #594
Blue Crack Distributor

Don't like torrents? How about R a p i d s h a r e? You can Google this word and you might find something nifty ...

"zinhof"

Old 09-09-2007, 09:44 PM   #595
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightsong
One of the BTXers is organizing a ticket drop notification system, $10 for 3 cities..Info here:
http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=30631
cheaters
Old 09-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #596
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:18 AM
I'm listening to it right now! Just heard You Will Be Coming Down! And I loooooved it! Really good chorus and great sax all the wasy through it! I'm listening to Livin' In The Future now and his voice and delivery sounds so much like his earlier songs from the 70's. The song itself reminds me of The E Street Shuffle! So upbeat. I hope the rest is even better! God, I wish I could turn it up louder!!

Bruce is back!!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #597
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:18 AM
Just finished listening it! And I loved it! It's a beautiful album. I really like it! It's more E Street Band like than The Rising. It doesn't have the same amount of great melodies that that album had and it's not as guitar driven as it was said to be but it still very organic and alive. You really get the feeling that they are playing and recording this all together. Some songs sound like they are from The River or from the two first records. In the end it's great songwriting like always from Bruce. Can't say I like the production too much. At first listen (and with low volume) I gotta say sometimes the songs sound like demos (very much different to The Rising). It's only 42 minutes long so it ends fast, I can feel that some of those songs are going to be great live and probably longer. The album gets very dramatic and cinematic at times. It's really great. I would say that it sounds like it's a mix of The Rising with Devils And Dust! Overall it's a great album!

My favorite songs so far are: You Will Be Coming Down, Living In the Future, Long Walk Home, Magic, Radio Nowhere and Devil's Arcade. Now I'll be listening to it again!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #598
Blue Crack Addict

I've listened to the album a couple of times now going to and from Connecticut this weekend. I couldn't hear everything well with others in the car, so I'm hoping with the earbuds on tomorrow at work, I'll take it all in better.

My first impression is good, but not great. It definitely harkens back to The River era. More specifically, quite a few songs sound very close to outtakes from The River (the majority of which you can hear on the Tracks box set now). Which to me means a little more tweaking of the album and it could have been an absolute masterpiece, as there are a couple of songs on first listen that I didn't care for (the same ones that Lazarus mentions).

That said, it's still a very good album with an excellent stretch at the end. I should have a better grasp of it after tomorrow, but overall, I am quite pleased.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:38 AM   #599
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

After three failed attempts with torrents, broken links, and unopenable files I came to the conclusion it just ain't meant to be. October it is for me.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #600
She's the One

I just realized this morning that I bought opera tickets for the same day as the alleged LA show. The opera starts at 2 pm, and Bruce probably won't start until 7:30. It's not Wagner, so I should be able to make both in the same day.

IF the LA show ever gets a home.

Tags
bruce springsteen