Springsteen, Part II - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #496
Refugee

Local Time: 01:53 AM
Radio Nowhere rocks. But it's The Rising all over again.. Can't Someone put a stop to Brendan O'Brien? I'm happy he isn't mixing the tour sound.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:07 PM   #497
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:53 PM
What was wrong with the production of The Rising?

Old 08-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #498
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
What was wrong with the production of The Rising?
The same as with Radio Nowhere the guitars way to loud....Not saying I don't like screaming guitars but hey He has the ESB for a reason...so might as well use them.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #499
Blue Crack Addict

It's not any different from the garage rock featured on The River, if you think about it. Cadillac Ranch, I'm A Rocker, Crush On You, You Can Look, etc. are really all in the same vein. Those guitars were certainly loud.

I'm sure there will be a few songs mixed in that feature more of the E Street Band.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #500
Blue Crack Supplier

I think The Rising was fine. There was plenty of E Street Band in the mix.

I think the production is similar to "The Rising" the song, with a guitar heavy track. Not the album as a whole.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Ok you have got to fucking be kidding me.

I'll be arriving in NYC when Detroit goes on sale.
if you need help April, I'll go to bat for ya on that day. Chicago goes on sale a few weeks prior, so I'll be free
Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #502
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonboy

The same as with Radio Nowhere the guitars way to loud....Not saying I don't like screaming guitars but hey He has the ESB for a reason...so might as well use them.
I don't think the guitars are too loud. Plus for me the more Bruce guitar the better. And I don't think they were that loud on The Rising either but one thing I agree with you, they didn't used the E Street Band much, specially Clarence, on that album. The Rising doesn't sound like the E Street Band is there at all sometimes, with the exception of a few moments where it's clear Max Weinberg drumming. It feels like it's some very good and professional band Bruce put together to play with him. Still that's one of my favorite albums anyway, amazing songwritting. The fact that we hear a saxophone solo on this new single is to me a good indication that this next album might sound more like Bruce Springsteen and The E Street band. Hopefully there will be lots of Little Steve backing vocals, Roy's amazing piano and of course Max's energetic drumming (not to mention C's sax!).
Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #503
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly

I don't think the guitars are too loud. Plus for me the more Bruce guitar the better. And I don't think they were that loud on The Rising either but one thing I agree with you, they didn't used the E Street Band much, specially Clarence, on that album. The Rising doesn't sound like the E Street Band is there at all sometimes, with the exception of a few moments where it's clear Max Weinberg drumming. It feels like it's some very good and professional band Bruce put together to play with him. Still that's one of my favorite albums anyway, amazing songwritting. The fact that we hear a saxophone solo on this new single is to me a good indication that this next album might sound more like Bruce Springsteen and The E Street band. Hopefully there will be lots of Little Steve backing vocals, Roy's amazing piano and of course Max's energetic drumming (not to mention C's sax!).
Yes there is a sax solo on Radio Nowhere, however it is drenched by the guitars, and I can't hear Roy Bittan at all....again I don't mind loud guitars, but the other instruments has to stand back to much.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #504
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:53 PM
True, I don't hear Roy as much as I would like to either. And I could use more Litte Steven bvs there too.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #505
Refugee

Local Time: 04:53 PM

I'm a lot more excited this time around. The Rising Tour was fine but the material was on the heavy side and this is being described as more of a party album.

It's a fairly brief tour. The question is where else would you see this show outside of Los Angeles? Opening night is in Hartford....not exactly the most ideal place to visit on a road trip (but it is opening night).

Madison Square Garden and a trip to NYC sounds very tempting as does the last U.S. date in Boston.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #506
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonboy

Yes there is a sax solo on Radio Nowhere, however it is drenched by the guitars, and I can't hear Roy Bittan at all....again I don't mind loud guitars, but the other instruments has to stand back to much.
I don't think it's going to be that way throughout the entire album, and it wasn't on The Rising, either. For example, how long had it been where we got a Danny Federici organ solo before You're Missing? You have to go back to 1980.

I think the production has been fine.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:53 PM
Is it safe to assume there will be another LA (or any southern CA date) on the 2nd leg?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #508
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly
True, I don't hear Roy as much as I would like to either. And I could use more Litte Steven bvs there too.
True, you don't hear Roy on this song, but Steve Van Zandt? His background vocals are quite evident on this song, and also reminds me of stuff from The River era, especially the outtakes that later appeared on Tracks.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:29 PM   #509
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Westport
It's a fairly brief tour.
It's just the first two legs. It will be more extensive as 2008 rolls around.

Quote:
Originally posted by elevation2u
Is it safe to assume there will be another LA (or any southern CA date) on the 2nd leg?
Yes.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #510
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Dear, this is why God gave us the ability to store phone numbers in our cell phones. I once pulled off the two-lane across the Mojave desert an scored a decent seat to the last Bruce show I saw.
Martha, you're a genius (this also is reminding me that once upon a time I did used to call TM for tix ). I can (hopefully, depending if my flight is on time, etc.) easily call TM while en route to my hotel.

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416

if you need help April, I'll go to bat for ya on that day. Chicago goes on sale a few weeks prior, so I'll be free

You seriously rock! I think I'll be ok with the phone, but can I take you up on that offer if for some reason Plan A doesn't work?

Tags
bruce springsteen