Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hyper:
I can't wait for the 29th!!!!!!!!!!!

yea, I'm 21 now, so I definitely go alone to shows now...for the Bruce one I asked my brother to come so that he could drive up to LA
I don't have that much experience with long distance highway driving especially LA traffic
:yikes:

martha said:

Repeat after me: "Screw you guys, I'll go without you!"

Then go by yourself and have a blast! :yes:

That's what I'm doing. My concert-going buddy says he's already seen Bruce enough times with me :ohmy: so I'm going alone. So forget him, he won't know what he's missing. :wink:

Orignially posted by dazzledbylight
no extra $
no ticcket

maybe i'll have some luck if he does stadiums next year?

:hug: to dazz. And isn't the tour supposed to continue into 2008?

elevation2u said:
yea, I'm 21 now, so I definitely go alone to shows now...for the Bruce one I asked my brother to come so that he could drive up to LA
I don't have that much experience with long distance highway driving especially LA traffic
:yikes:

Ok, I didn't realize all this. Sometimes I'm a bad aunt.

martha said:
Gypsy Biker is all :drool:

Was it the guitar monster Dancin' in the Dark? I hope I hope.

I don't know how to compare it with last tours, but I definitely think it was guitar monster.

If it wasn't, maybe I was just too into the song. :wink:

Looking at the setlists, I was shocked by it, cause I was looking for Waitin' on a Sunny Day there (not a big fan of that track, so this one was a good surprise).

The Patti Scialfa song drove me up a wall. It might be mean, but I really don't like her as a lead vocalist. She's much better in the background. Her voice just bugs me in lead vocals.

Cadillac Ranch was probably the best performance of the night. They went nuts on that song.

phillyfan26 said:
Great night tonight. Great setlist. Some surprises: Cadillac Ranch, Incident on 57th Street, Dancin' in the Dark. Great performances. Great audience. Great show.

You definitely hit a great show! Amazing setlist last night!!!

I heard the night before she dueted Magic with Bruce, so I'm thinking she gets lead vocals on one song every show. Maybe?

I'm not a fan of when she sings lead, either, but, I can deal with it.

By the way, finally listened to the new album last night, at like 1am with headphones on.....really liked it, looking forward to some more listens, soon.....and, cannot wait to see him in a few weeks.

There's really no songs I don't like, though I'm not a terribly big fan of You'll Be Coming Down.

The last three songs, in that order, are just unbelievable. What a fantastic album and finish.

Last to Die - Long Walk Home - Devil's Arcade :combust:

It's probably going to be the last 15 minutes or so of the show. 60 Minutes saves their pop culture stories/interviews for the last segment.

Not counting Andy Rooney, who shouldn't really count anyway.

Martha and cori, the Springsteen segment starts about halfway through the show.

And one of my friends -- and someone who just doesn't 'get' Springsteen -- called me just as it started. So I watched it, muted, with closed captions, as she talked. :blahblah: :angry:

It IS 90 minutes tonight. wtf, CBS? Bruce is probably going to interfere with my must-watch of the Rock of Love reunion on VH1! I guess I'll have to turn the VCR on.

Unacceptable.

Living literally less than 2 miles from Philadelphia and not going to either show really breaks my heart a bit. I mean, I had a nice night with my fiancee, but one of the other TAs went and I'll be hearing all about it on Monday. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom