Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dazzledbylight said:
hi LMPA!!! :D

:hug:

Hey there dazzled! :wave:

Re: Detroit GA - I don't think I'm really going to be able to or want to line up all day so I'll probably take off work a few hours early and get in line around 5. Might as well since it's not likely that the fucktards at the Palace have changed their policies in two years.

You might want to get there just a little before 5.....from Backstreets:

GENERAL ADMISSION: HOW IT'LL WORK
With opening night just 24 hours away, we've gotten official word from the Springsteen organization regarding G.A. entry for the North American leg. Before we get to the nitty-gritty details, let's do an overview. The entire floor for each show will be general admission, with no reserved seating (actually, no seating at all). The G.A. floor is divided up into two sections by a rail: a smaller area directly in front of the stage (commonly known as "the pit"), and a larger open area behind it. A special wristband, distributed to a few hundred people as determined by lottery, will be required for access to the pit. Here's how it happens.

* Numbered G.A. wristbands (not pit wristbands) will be given out at the venue between 2:00 and 5:00 p.m. All G.A. ticketholders who show up between those times will get one.
* At 5:15, the lottery occurs: a random number will be drawn, and the person with that number on their wristband will be at the front of the line for entry onto the floor.
* Line-up starts at 5:30, in order by wristband number. If there were 600 wristbands given out and the random number drawn was 536, then people with wristbands numbered 536-600 will be at the front of the line, with 1-535 behind them.
* The line will enter the venue whenever they're ready to open the doors. The first x number of people in this line (x being a few hundred, will likely vary by venue) will get a second wristband for pit entry. Everyone else, including those G.A. ticketholders who can't get there until after 5:00, can stake out a spot on the main floor.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

No rails on Friday night, no security barrier-elbows on the lower stage platform :yippie: And Bruce spent a decent amount of time down there too. Hopefully that will be the setup for the entire tour!

Photo_092807_013.jpg

Nightsong, thanks for posting the GA policy. It might be worth taking half the day off work and waiting around there after all. :hmm:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I got the CD at Target today and the cashier said "everyone is buying this CD today" :yippie:

Well, everyone should! :lol:

... except for those of us who preordered it from iTunes. :wink:

Nightsong said:

No rails on Friday night, no security barrier-elbows on the lower stage platform :yippie: And Bruce spent a decent amount of time down there too. Hopefully that will be the setup for the entire tour!

Photo_092807_013.jpg

WOW!!!:ohmy:

I sure hope that is the case for the tour too.. I am still trying to get tix to either of the DC shows... :|

What the hell is wrong with me. How come I didn't know there was a tour going on! Or even a new album for that matter! Christ on a crutch.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band launched their 2007 tour tonight in Hartford, Connecticut.

The show featured several songs from "Magic" as well as some of the highlights of the rehearsal shows in New Jersey. Reports were enthusiastic about the one-two of "Night" into "She's The One" and the first appearance of "Darkness On The Edge Of Town."

Expect to be bowled over by "Gypsy Biker" the first time you hear it live. It sounds like an instant E Street Band classic, with an energetic frenzy of guitars that has been a feature of the shows so far. And the trilogy of "The Rising"/"Last To Die"/"Long Road Home" is a powerful way to bring the main set almost to a close, tonight followed by "Badlands."

Here's tonight's set list. Set lists and tour itinerary are published on the brucespringsteen.net live page:

October 2, 2007
Hartford, CT
Hartford Civic Center

Radio Nowhere
The Ties That Bind
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Night
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Town Called Heartbreak
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Darlington County
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Thundercrack
Born To Run
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
American Land

It's a great set list. Can't wait to listen to this version of Gypsy Biker! Too bad they didn't play Something In The Night. It's one of my favorites, I was very excited they played it on the first rehearsal night. I hope they play You'll Be Coming Down and Your Own Worst Enemy too as time goes on. Bruce's set lists are the best!

That's true.

But at the same time, I'm not likely to get any tickets at an affordable price now, so maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

Yeah, you've got to give them a good two weeks to shake the rust off and get into a groove, and then come the setlist changes.

And I'm guessing most people don't know Thundercrack, which is from the The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle sessions. It's a barnburner.

phanan said:
Yeah, you've got to give them a good two weeks to shake the rust off and get into a groove, and then come the setlist changes.

And I'm guessing most people don't know Thundercrack, which is from the The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle sessions. It's a barnburner.

the only bad thing in this case is that once the setlist changes come, thundercrack will probably go away again. that's easily in my "top 5 songs i'd like to hear live" category.

i don't know, that setlist looked pretty good to me.

I know, I'm worried that because audiences at the rehearsals and in Hartford don't know what Thundercrack is that it won't survive much longer. I hope I'm wrong, but Boston is quite a ways off.

MrsSpringsteen said:
October 2, 2007
Hartford, CT
Hartford Civic Center

Radio Nowhere
The Ties That Bind
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Night
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Town Called Heartbreak
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Darlington County
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Thundercrack
Born To Run
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
American Land

Good, not great. Not a big fan of Lonesome Day or Waitin' on a Sunny Day as two of the three Rising picks, but some good call backs to the past.

I've yet to hear the album.

I'm hoping for Jungleland when they hit Orlando.

That would make my year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom