So You Think You Can Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Sara should have gone more than Jessi.

Sara did not help herself with that outfit.

I wonder how she got sick?
If she was on something that messed her up?

i would have sent Neil home before Jesus.

How many times do we need to see him jumping up and down before it gets old.

deep said:
I think Sara should have gone more than Jessi.

Sara did not help herself with that outfit.

I wonder how she got sick?
If she was on something that messed her up?

I meant

Jessi did not help herself with that outfit, during her solo dance.

I wonder why she got sick?

deep said:

Jessi did not help herself with that outfit, during her solo dance.

Agreed. She easily had the worst solo, there was no contest there. I felt bad for all of the guys, they were all fabulous, I was sad that one of them had to go. :(

I guess it's just like Idol: the more the judges bash someone, the more people vote for them, to keep them safe.

deep said:

Totally agreed. I have been rewatching all of the shows as I am taping them from my DVR to VHS for a friend who asked for them, so I was going back over my fav performances. I really have to say that Neil hasn't been a standout throughout the competition. In his solo he did a lot of gymnastics, but it felt a bit like a gymnast floor piece not a dance piece. Jesus could certainly have done better but over the life of the show, I think he's been much stronger. So I'm very disappointed that they let him go. He was one of my favorite dancers overall and I looked forward to watching him each week.

I was reading a little stuff online about the results and found an interview with both Jessi and Jesus. Click here for full text

Choice pearl of wisdom:
RC: What was the reaction from fellow contestants that you would be leaving?
Jessi: They were sad, they were sad. But it’s a competition, they want the good people out. It makes it easier for them. Not to pat myself on the back, but I feel like they lost a good person last night. I felt like they lost a big player.

:rolleyes:

can't say how glad I am she's gone.

sulawesigirl4 said:

Totally agreed. I have been rewatching all of the shows as I am taping them from my DVR to VHS for a friend who asked for them, so I was going back over my fav performances. I really have to say that Neil hasn't been a standout throughout the competition. In his solo he did a lot of gymnastics, but it felt a bit like a gymnast floor piece not a dance piece. Jesus could certainly have done better but over the life of the show, I think he's been much stronger. So I'm very disappointed that they let him go. He was one of my favorite dancers overall and I looked forward to watching him each week.

I was reading a little stuff online about the results and found an interview with both Jessi and Jesus. Click here for full text

Choice pearl of wisdom:
RC: What was the reaction from fellow contestants that you would be leaving?
Jessi: They were sad, they were sad. But it’s a competition, they want the good people out. It makes it easier for them. Not to pat myself on the back, but I feel like they lost a good person last night. I felt like they lost a big player.

:rolleyes:

can't say how glad I am she's gone.

I read that interview and the girl has got it bad for her partner Pasha. I hope he feels at least a little bit the same way, otherwise she comes off a bit stalkerish.

Last edited:
I thought Lacey & Kameron started the show out on a great note. I love Kameron's style, and he was a favorite of mine from the 1st show....but he better watch out 'cause boys like Neil & Pasha are gaining on him!!

Pasha and Neil were my favorite tonight!

Lauren was definitely the stand out lady of the evening :applaud:

deep said:

Did you sign the petition for Jesse?

lol. Never! I didn't want her on the show in the first place.

Agree that Cedric did step it up a notch, but I think that with the performances of the other guys being as good as they are, he'll still be in trouble. Interesting to see how the judges toned their criticisms of him WAY down. I think they learned that if they are harsh with him, he'll get pity votes.

I really loved Anya and Danny's performace, but I have a feeling they won't get as many votes as crowd-pleasing pieces like Pasha and Sara's or Neil and Lauren's. I could watch Danny dance all day...he's so amazing. Too bad that this is a personality contest and not really a talent contest. :(

Speaking of personalities, I still love Hok. Worried for him though because the waltz can be a real kiss of death for guys who come to it with no formal training. Pasha is definitely growing on me. He's like Dmitri but with a better sense of humor and playfulness. I think he'll be a contender up till the end. Also, I think Sabra will be in it up till the end. So far she has nailed everything that's been given to her. Dominic as well.

Oh and I still miss Jesus!!! :scream:

I thought the show was good last night. Most of the couples did great. Cedric did do better than before but NOT close to as good as any of the other guys. I thought watching thier dance was slow and painful. They were off for at least half of it. If he doesn't get kicked off tonight...someone really will get robbed. I agree that they toned the critisism down for Cedric. Maybe they are trying a different approach to get him kicked off.

Loved Pasha and Sara's and Neil and Lauren's. That's fun they let Benji choreograph a dance. He did great! Danny and Anya were also very good.

I get so excited when I see that Wade Robinson is doing a routine. His are always so amazing.

drdre12 said:

I get so excited when I see that Wade Robinson is doing a routine. His are always so amazing.

So do I. :drool: Anyone who gets one of his routine has an automatic advantage because the choreography is so awesome. I realize that they still have to pull it off, so I'm not discounting what they do...but his choreography is easily the best.

Okay...and seeing Pasha with computers just made me love him even more. :laugh: :love:

I really enjoyed the

Dance for your life!!

part tonight. :up:

.slide_dance-dance-revolution.jpg

ddr1.jpg

I saw both episodes tonight. Sara and Pasha's performance was my favourite (so much fun to watch!), and despite the not so great performance of Jamie and Hok, I still love them.

The judges definitely made the right decision cutting Cedric, but of the 3 girls in the bottom, I just wanted Jamie to stay.

I missed the show being away for a week!

I watched both episodes tonight as well, as I was out last night. I thought Pasha & Sara were the best. Maddy & I correctly predicted who would go home tonite. Cedric had enough second chances and there was no way they could give him another. I don't get his solo dancing either :shrug: And glad they based it cumulatively, because Hok and Danny didn't deserve to go home yet. Danny is so... graceful, is that the word I'm looking for?

Geesh, finally they got it right. Cedric and what's her face...it was time to go. Looking back at her exit tape she really wasn't that good except for her solos. She doesn't really have a personalilty either...I can't even remember her name.

INteresting that Anya and Danny were in the bottom 3 again. I love Anya but she should have been kicked off for that outfit alone.

Cedric is pretty darn amazing in his solo. I will give him that.

I missed the last show! Cedric and who went? Was it his partner? I really hope so. :|

I definitely think Pasha and Sara are the best dancers they have. Neil's pretty good too. Definitely underrated. :yes:

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch the results show (I wasn't going to look at the thread till then)!! I knew that Anya and Danny would be in the bottom 3 if only because the judges were harping on Danny again. To be honest, they are making me like him more because he is always such a good sport when they tear him down and my god, the guy can DANCE! Anyways, relieved that they weren't stupid enough to send him home.

Overall, I think Anya got very lucky. Her solo was :yawn: and that's the second time in a row that her solo has sucked. Still, I think that letting Shawna go was probably fair enough. As for Cedric leaving, it's about time and I'm glad the judges took their chance. He is a nice kid and will hopefully take the opportunity to learn more at the dance school.

The competition is going to get really tight now. :eek: Lots of talented people.

I liked Pasha's dance (jazz). They were all pretty good tonight. I think the last couple were kinda weak. I'm so tired I can't even remember their names anymore :crack:

Back
Top Bottom