So who is going shopping today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
The day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year. I myself might venture out sometime during the day. But no way am I going out shopping at 5:30 in the morning. That's the time that most of the stores open. :huh:

My office is open tomorrow but none of the people I work with (customers and vendors) are open tomorrow. I have tons of work but if I can't email or call anyone then there's not much I can do except stare at the clock until 3:00 when we get to leave 2 hours earlier than normal.

I might go to Best Buy before work but since I'm late to work just about everyday I can't see myself getting to a store before work. :tsk:

I would not set one foot in the store today :yikes: I can't stand crowds. I was in WalMart this morning at 7:30 to pick up a layaway before things got too busy, and the line was so long it was up the aisle, turned sideways past the shoes all the way past the baby clothes, and turned down into the food section! :no: So, I left, and I may just give up if it stays like this. Besides, I am burned out on Christmas. :sigh:

I feel for those that work in retail for I once did myself.
The long hours and the rude people who have to put up with. A friend of mine just called and we are going out to lunch. We are going to a little of the way place. We figure not too many people will be there.

I was out for awhile at 6 am. It was surprisingly calm. Nobody in town had any good sales besides Best Buy, I guess, and I didn't even bother going there -- full parking lot and they had lines coming out the door. :huh:

Not me, after rent, I have less than $1 in my bank account even though I got paid via direct deposit this morning and the gas bill just came in. I already got presents for my immediate family at the Old Navy Outlet on the way to my bf's house two days ago. Everything at that store is still cheaper than the day after Thanksgiving sales anyway.

I am about to leave for work- yay retail! :crack:

I'm actually kind of excited; at this time of year it's mostly our regular customers, and we have a really good team who likes busy days. I love watching piles of merchandise fly out the door!

On the other hand, if I didn't have to work, you wouldn't catch me near a store of any kind. :yikes: I hate crowds when I'm not running the show.

To all of my Interferencers who work in retail, lots of hugs and good karma from Golightly Grrl. I used to work in retail and I know the holiday season can be hellish.

Other than some much needed grocery shopping, I'm staying away from the stores and malls today. I can't stand places like Wal-mart, anyway. I used to go to one close to me, but was completely appalled by the dirty store, shitty merchandise, sullen staff, nasty customers, bratty kids, and piss all over the seats in the ladies' loo. Gross!!

And since I haven't been earning a paycheck for the past few months (I'm doing an internship), I'm going to be very low-key this Xmas. My friends are cool with it, but my family will probably get on my case for being so cheap. My family already has enough stuff. They don't need anything more. Selfish assholes.

I stay away from the mall at all costs from now until after New Years!! :lol: I actually got everything done except one gift last tuesday and the one gift I have left I'm ordering online. So I'm done!! :hyper:

I worked retail in high school and my first year of college and to those of you still in it, I feel your pain!! It was absolute hell for me during the holidays.

I went out first thing this morning with all the crazies--and I was sure to smile a lot and say extra "thank you"s to the folks behind all those registers. I used to work in retail myself, so I know how it can suck.

I got almost all my shopping done. Tomorrow...the family portraits. :eek:

I've checked the ads and generally all the prices look the same; I believe that these stores jack the price 15-20% then claim to reduce them by the same amount so there's no real savings...maybe a few discontinued items but nothing that would get me there at 6 a.m.

Anyone like Kohl's????? I HATE that store! they carry very few name brands, except for their own, and their signs say, "lowest price of the year!" except that its the same price it was several months back and even before then...

Penney's seems to do the same thing...no real savings, not even at Xmas....

Not a fan of Kohl's either.....Alot of our customers were complaining about Kohl's to us as we rung them up at our store:evil:
I survived working in retail today. Let's see huge lines, a fight just about broke out-I had to call security, A customer passed out in a dept. and stopped breathing. A nurse in line helped her out and the woman came to. At first she refused medical attention.:ohmy: but after alot of coaxing by security, the nurse and the paramedics agreed to go to the hospital. Unreal.
Most often asked questions of the day:
1. Can I use my coupon on this?
2. Why not?
3. Where are the (insert name of various doorbusters)?
4. Isn't there anyone on the floor to help?
5. Did you remember to take my coupon off?

If I didn't work in retail, :no: I wouldn't go near a mall or store over this entire weekend.

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
Not a fan of Kohl's either.....Alot of our customers were complaining about Kohl's to us as we rung them up at our store:evil:
I survived working in retail today. Let's see huge lines, a fight just about broke out-I had to call security, A customer passed out in a dept. and stopped breathing. A nurse in line helped her out and the woman came to. At first she refused medical attention.:ohmy: but after alot of coaxing by security, the nurse and the paramedics agreed to go to the hospital. Unreal.
Most often asked questions of the day:
1. Can I use my coupon on this?
2. Why not?
3. Where are the (insert name of various doorbusters)?
4. Isn't there anyone on the floor to help?
5. Did you remember to take my coupon off?

If I didn't work in retail, :no: I wouldn't go near a mall or store over this entire weekend.
That's scary that someone passed out!! We had a lady flip out and storm out the door upon being greeted, but she was our biggest nutcase; it wasn't so bad.

Heard those questions a lot myself; I think shoppers need an FAQ before they walk in the door!

Back
Top Bottom