So, what are your plans for St. Paddy's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
For me there is to be a party at work were we all bring something. I need to find an Irish recipe for scones. Friday night we have an Irish pub that goes all out for St. Patrick's Day. Lots of food and green beer!

I am considering dying my hair green...ive never dyed my hair before either, but for some reason i feel like doing it now:wink:

Oooooh i would also like to make the suggestion that everyone Irish be put in charge of the board for the day :D

Irishteen said:
I am going to do exactly nothing :wink:
My plans too. :up:

I was just going through my closet and wondering if I can get away with a shirt with the Irish flag on it at work, but that's about it.

But if something just happens to be going on...you might find me at "amateur night" come Friday. I don't have to work til noon on Saturday...

St Paddy's is also my wee sister's birthday so as long as she remains in Ireland she will never have to work a birthday in her life:hyper:

Plus gives me two reasons to drink:wink:

I'm going to see the tribute band, The Unforgettable Fire in NYC. Maybe I'll get to meet some Interferencers there. :hmm:

LJT said:
St Paddy's is also my wee sister's birthday so as long as she remains in Ireland she will never have to work a birthday in her life:hyper:

Plus gives me two reasons to drink:wink:

Oh snap! :wink:

tiny dancer said:
For me there is to be a party at work were we all bring something. I need to find an Irish recipe for scones. Friday night we have an Irish pub that goes all out for St. Patrick's Day. Lots of food and green beer!

skip the green beer :sick: have a guinness :up:

Here is my recipe for Irish Soda Bread
2.5 cup flour
1.5 cup raisins (soak them in boiling water for a few minutes to plump them up then drain well)
5 tbs sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter

sift (though I never do) the flour soda baking powder and sugar

Cut in butter until it looks like coarse crumbs
Add raisins and buttermilk
Stir until combined
Shape into a ball- I notch it so I get the scone triangles
place on a greased sheet or pie plate

Bake for 15 minutes at 400
30 more minutes at 375

It's super easy to make :up:

^I take crunked is another word for bein of the non-sober kind?:wink:

I will be glowing green come Friday:drool:

Gotta love urban dictionary...Friday will begin my staged takeover of the world:hyper:

Where'sTheLove said:
partake in my traditional celebration of a corned beef and cabbage meal and a free green beer. :D

Yeah they actually had Irish "food" at Costco the other day, I was like wow I guess there's a first for everything. :wink:

urbandictionary :bow:

I think your brother has some world domination plans of his own, or are you in league?

hmm my brother is probably delaying his plans for another few years, my preposed takeover is all of my own divising...it began when i entered bristol as i declared my flat a province of the Holy Irish Empire.

LJT said:
hmm my brother is probably delaying his plans for another few years, my preposed takeover is all of my own divising...it began when i entered bristol as i declared my flat a province of the Holy Irish Empire.

Blasphemy, I will unleash the bump and his sodomite minions upon your whore-mastery and raconteurs!

Ahh but do you have the new Flaming Lips release...Will I am already Ego Tripping Through the Gates of Hell with all the new songs in tow...

I reject the bump and all he stands for, i wonder if holy water works? :hmm:

:hmm: I don't think I've ever celebrated St. Patrick's day. I'll probably be home alone, depressed and drinking all the leftover Smirnoff's because it's my spring break and I get to stay home and work.

FlyYourKite said:
I'm meeting friends at the Spoke (a lounge/pub on campus) and drinking green beer all afternoon. :drool:

Are you at UWO??

My friend & I ordered Irish Drinking Team shirts, and we got matching buttons to give to people who "qualify" (I can be bribed...easily)...I can't wait..I haven't done it up in a few yrs so I am going all out this year!!

I was gonna be at the U2 gig in Auckland, but now I'm just gonna hang around, work on my labour history seminar, drink some bourbon :drool:

Back
Top Bottom