So What Are Your New Years Plans? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:23 PM
Out of curiosity, do some of you mind sharing why you don't celebrate? I'm just curious. I too didn't do much celebrating...until I reached the legal drinking age. Now I usually go out somewhere. But before, I always stayed in, sometimes would sleep right through it the ball drop.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:59 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
I HAVE NO PLANS...

I must do something.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:08 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami
Out of curiosity, do some of you mind sharing why you don't celebrate? I'm just curious. I too didn't do much celebrating...until I reached the legal drinking age.
Well I'm European born, so the drinking age is well, nonexistent, lol. Therefore it never meant much to me to get plastered that day.

But I'm not doing anything this year mainly because I live away and am just home for the holidays. So most of my friends are far away and the few that are here live here full time and have their own plans. And on top of that, I have to travel on the 2nd anyhow. So I'll pop in at my cousin's house party for an hour or two but apart from that, nothing really.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:18 AM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
Out of curiosity, do some of you mind sharing why you don't celebrate? I'm just curious. I too didn't do much celebrating...until I reached the legal drinking age. Now I usually go out somewhere. But before, I always stayed in, sometimes would sleep right through it the ball drop.
I think, as I said before, part of my problem has to do with the # of accidents on the road that stem from the evening.

That, and, sometimes, the frivolity seems forced to me, like, everyone feels they HAVE to have a good time....just strikes me as inorganic.

When I was a tad younger I would head into Manhattan for NYE, and it was a lot of fun, some pretty insane nights.....but, it would be so crowded, and eventually it got old, and I found that what I enjoyed best was a quiet evening, with people close to me, doing stuff we enjoyed, be it board games, watching movies, just laughing and telling stories, etc....more of a giddy, buzzed sort of evening than a drunken stupor sort of deal.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:58 AM   #50
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 08:23 AM
These nights make me realise how boring and quiet my friends are. None of them are doing anything, and i dont really feel like going out with my boyfriend by ourselves. So we're staying home. Oh the life!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:31 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Out of curiosity, do some of you mind sharing why you don't celebrate? I'm just curious.
I never have enough $$$ to go out drinking all night, plus I can list on one hand the number of alcoholic beverages I actually like (I have an uncle who's an alcoholic who's been in a LOT of trouble and risked too many peoples' lives, so honestly it just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest), plus my husband cannot drink at all EVER b/c of a medication he's on for epilepsy, and all the clubs and bars around here are totally trashy or full of younger college kids who annoy me more than my teen sister. Enough reasons yet?

We just gather up whatever friends happen to be around at the time and play games, eat frozen pizzas, and do whatever. I wouldn't call it celebrating since it's the same thing we do every weekend we're together.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:08 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

I never have enough $$$ to go out drinking all night, plus I can list on one hand the number of alcoholic beverages I actually like
That's what flasks are for

No really though, I understand the alcoholism part. It runs in my family, and has been the root of so many problems. However, I did come up with a few rules to control my drinking behavior. I think the only time I really got completely wasted and out of control was at some sketchy club in Baltimore. Guys in speedoes were handing out free shots of jager b/c it was ladies' night. How am I supposed to turn down free shots from a man in speedoes? Jager has since been termed my "naughty juice."
Old 12-31-2006, 10:24 AM   #53
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Going to the bf's dad's house to have Christmas, they were out of town last week. woo.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:23 PM
I'm at my mums having a lovely steak pie which we always have plus drinks of course and we'll see the fireworks out the window at Midnight

We'll be up very late too having a bit of fun listening to some music plus watch the celebrations from Edinburgh Castle too on tv!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:45 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:23 PM
Nothing. I've been sick for a while and still feel no better and the weather is really bad. We'll probably lie around, drink and watch movies.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:04 PM   #56
War Child

Local Time: 09:23 PM
getting pissed!
Old 12-31-2006, 03:37 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

That's what flasks are for

No really though, I understand the alcoholism part. It runs in my family, and has been the root of so many problems. However, I did come up with a few rules to control my drinking behavior. I think the only time I really got completely wasted and out of control was at some sketchy club in Baltimore. Guys in speedoes were handing out free shots of jager b/c it was ladies' night. How am I supposed to turn down free shots from a man in speedoes? Jager has since been termed my "naughty juice."
I really don't mind if others drink, it makes zero difference to me. I just have an apprehension of alcohol based on person experience and thus I've never drank enough to begin to like it. There are a few drinks I really enjoy and yeah I've been buzzed, but the drinks I like are the expensive ones so I've never been able to afford enough to get totally wasted. Plus, I never had access to a car in high school and now that we have one, I am the chauffeur to make up for all the times my friends bussed me around. And I like being the one who gets to take the silly blackmail pictures and keep track of all the dirt on everyone else!

Now I better clean up this place and go get some snacks ready....
Old 12-31-2006, 03:46 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

and all the clubs and bars around here are totally trashy or full of younger college kids who annoy me more than my teen sister.
I'm not much of a bar goer either. But there are a few bars downtown near the arena that are alright. More adult oriented. The Black Rose is an Irish Pub and its OK. I cant even imagine going down there tonight though. New Years eve and alot of the streets are blocked off for President Ford's funeral this week. No thanks!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

I'm not much of a bar goer either. But there are a few bars downtown near the arena that are alright. More adult oriented. The Black Rose is an Irish Pub and its OK. I cant even imagine going down there tonight though. New Years eve and alot of the streets are blocked off for President Ford's funeral this week. No thanks!

Yeah there's some nicer places downtown, but then I'd run into my parents and their friends! They usually head that direction. We'd rather make our own fun than end up partying with my parents And yeah I'm not even thinking about doing anything near there until Ford is buried at the Indian mound and the ceremonies are finished. I just went out to get frozen pizzas and buffalo wings and was pleasantly surprised how not busy it is out this way, no more post-Christmas traffic!
Old 12-31-2006, 07:11 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

the drinks I like are the expensive ones so I've never been able to afford enough to get totally wasted.
When I looked at my bank statement after my first week of law school I nearly fainted. It's one thing to go out for $1.50 Monday night beer and a whole other thing to be paying $6.25 for a mixed drink.