So...summer plans people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Were already midway through April...summer is almost here...whats everybodys plans (or hopes)?

I'll be going back home (Italy) to visit friends and family for 3 months, and my best friend whos doing a political science course in Serbia is meeting me and were going to Istanbul for 3 days. Anybody else?

Working all day every day as usual. On the weekends we plan to visit a new Michigan beach each weekend. In August we're going to my mom's cousin's cottage for 2 weeks.

Attending a friend's wedding in June and heading to Buffalo in July for my bridal shower and bacholerette party. Hopefully make it to MN also at some point to visit my oldest brother and catch a Twins game.

My summer is just full of excitement! lol,jk

Work, work, work--hopefully go to Virginia in mid-July for a family reunion, then to Lexington, KY, with MrPurrl--he goes to a foosball tournment, I visit with my aunt and go to antique stores.

Going to South Africa in August, on safari which should be awesome and then to Mauritius for a week. Hopefully I'll be heading down to Devon for a few days too, to catch up with some old friends.

Canadian Army Basic Training April 27-May 25 (leaving April 26 for CFB Shilo in Manitoba)
Canadian Army Soldier Qualification May 26-June 20
Tasked on the same base as Enemy Force for the following training class June 21-Aug 22 (returning August 23)

That's my summer.

Working all summer, staying in Minneapolis, and going to Chicago at least once for R.E.M., if not twice for Lollapalooza as well.

Graduating from high school June 5th, orientation for college[Hofstra U], going to Wisconsin for summerfest to see my friend and seeing- Tom Petty, Rush, and whoever else will be there
Musikfest here= Poison & Boston
going to the beach
my best friend from grade school is coming to visit me
my 18th birthday!

Finish this :censored: course and get my life back. :drool:
Moving to The Netherlands.

May
NYC because I have FF miles to use
Graduate
Leave Buffalo
Visit family

June
Baltimore!!! Need my O's fix
Memphis maybe?

Cape Cod 4th of July to whenever I feel like leaving

August
Lollapalooza
Orioles/Yankees final homestand
Moving to Miami for Med School -life ends for three years

I'm going to enjoy this last summer of freedom

Work.

Hopefully a few concerts here and there, and being out in the sun as much as possible.

There is something very cool that might be happening, but as I'm not too sure yet, I'm gonna stay quiet. But if it does happen, it will be this summer. :cryptic: :D

^ :ohmy: We gettin' married? :hmm: :love:

So me? Uhh.. work :grumpy:

I have a few things up my sleeve though:
Stampede in July :drunk:
Oasis in August :rockon:
Vacashun - maybe on a beach somewhere for week
Spa weekend with the girls up at the mountains
Heading out west to visit the brothers for a different weekend
Bellydancing classes :dance:

That's it so far..

I'll be attending a lot of concerts! :yippie: At least a lot for me, lol... compared to previous summers. Don't know if I have the time or vacation days to go on a trip anywhere, as I only recently started a new job. :slant:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Being an adult sucks! :lol:

I want my childhood back! :sad: 3 months summer vacation! The stuff we would do... :drool:

I have the first week of May and last week of August off. In between I will work the whole time. I'm going up into the wilderness of northern Ontario at the end of May, I have 3 weddings, and then I'm spending July/August working in NYC, which I am hoping will feel like a vacation.

I'm going to Mexico next February and either to Australia/NZ/Fiji or China/Vietnam in July of that year so I'm okay with not traveling much this summer.

Hopefully going to the south of Switzerland in July with my bf :)
Probably some concerts.
Working for a few days a week.
Some daytrips here and there, shopping, relaxation and sun included of course!

Anything else that will cross my path...

Going to Canada for nearly all of August :dance:

And like already 6 concerts planned (including Radiohead twice :hyper: )

And hopefully working...

Last edited:
Quitting my job, taking the train back home from NYC to Los Angeles with a stop in Chicago for July 4th.

Probably will be too in love with being back in Los Angeles to take any major trips.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
So far all I'm thinking about doing this summer is Taste of Chicago...depending on if I have enough money.

AW! I love the Taste. I went to grad school right across the street from Grant Park and we used to go over to the Taste for lunch!

June: work :grumpy:
July: work :grumpy:
August: work :grumpy: (13th - 23rd in England & Dublin :drool: )
...and then back to work. :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom