so, i think it's about time that i got into broken social scene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you really want a good reason then it's because i'm far too sexy for capital letters.

YOU FORGOT IT IN PEOPLE

Trust me, this is going to be very rewarding. They're an imp13 certified Top Ten-er. Plus there's a certain Leslie Feist in the mix.

inmyplace13 said:
YOU FORGOT IT IN PEOPLE

Trust me, this is going to be very rewarding. They're an imp13 certified Top Ten-er. Plus there's a certain Leslie Feist in the mix.

:yes:

I never thought they could top "You Forgot...", but the self titled that followed proved me wrong. Ultimately, I've come to like this one the most.
(And Feist still factors into the equation)

After digesting these two, check out 'Bee Hives', their rarities album. Feist sings the lead for "Lovers Spit", and it's fucking divine.

You Forgot it in People is the place to start, but you can hardly go wrong unless you start with Beehives. It's a fine "record," but it's not a good jumping-on point. Also, while Feel Good Lost is good, it's not really too much like what the band has now for some time sounded like.

Broken Social Scene is a great record, too, but I again don't think it's a good place to start. It's density can be offputting even for seasoned veterans, to start. I remember that record getting a shit reception on this often-backwards forum, when it dropped in '05.

My only warning is this: DON'T START WITH FEIST'S SOLO ALBUMS. THEY'RE SO BLAND THAT THEY MAY INDUCE DEATH. Not terrible, but so average that it hurts; nothing sucks like great talent wasted on great mediocrity. Unless you like Norah Jones, they ain't for you.

inmyplace13 said:
YOU FORGOT IT IN PEOPLE
i have taught you well, grasshopper. :sexywink:

it's about time, puppyman.

to get into bss, you must go in this order:

1) you forgot it in people
2) broken social scene
3) beehives
4) feel good lost

heed my words, puppyman, this is the way it must be.

Question:

Are Broken Social Scene and Ocean Color Scene friendly scenes or complete rivals? I would like to think there's some sort of rivalry, just so I can see Leslie Feist kick some ass.

Back
Top Bottom