So i saw coldplay tonite... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2006, 11:47 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 01:12 AM
ha ha, i saw them in 2003 in a tiny venue in charlotte nc. i was about 10 feet from the stage and paid about a fraction of the cost for tix on this tour. that was a good show, though don't know how well they have made the transition to "arena rock"

Old 02-05-2006, 11:50 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bollox
ha ha, i saw them in 2003 in a tiny venue in charlotte nc. i was about 10 feet from the stage and paid about a fraction of the cost for tix on this tour. that was a good show, though don't know how well they have made the transition to "arena rock"
Long live Grady Cole.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #48
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75

Long live Grady Cole.
yes, there's nothing like saying you saw coldplay play a high school gymnasium. good times
Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 AM   #49
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by fah
Fiona Apple was great too and the crowd was nice to her but I think she would be much better in a smaller venue
i'm a HUGE fioner fan.

in fact, the only reason i went to see coldplay was because she was opening.

i saw her two months ago at house of blues and what you said is very, very true. she needs a smaller venue. i wasn't sorry i saw her as an opening act, because i adore her so much, but it took too much away from her presence onstage.

she was more relaxed (she's notorious for her stage fright) because not everyone was focused on her, but still, the large venue made her performance seem much smaller than it should be.

also, i'm not even a fan of coldplay, and they kicked ass live
Old 02-06-2006, 12:37 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bollox

yes, there's nothing like saying you saw coldplay play a high school gymnasium. good times
Indeed. I was close to the stage that night too. Fun times waiting in the small amount of snow before the show.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:12 PM
I saw them Saturday night in LA. Great Show! The highlight for me was Till Kingdom Come followed by Ring of Fire

Also, loved the big yellow balls dropped during Yellow... crowd participation is a great thing.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:34 AM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trojanchick99
big yellow balls
hehehe

:obligatorycoldplaythreadpost:
Old 02-06-2006, 06:40 AM   #53
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:12 AM
Re: So i saw coldplay tonite...

Quote:
Originally posted by The_One1932
... Fuck Chris Martin and his horrible child-naming abilities.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:12 PM
i once passed the oppurtunity to see Coldplay at a small venue in Bath back in 2001/2 when they were doing a small tour and playing some of the 'Rush of Blood...' material for the first time. Silly mistake. Made up for it by being at the front for their Glastonbury set, now that was great!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

In 2003, I saw Coldplay in Columbus at a small 2500 capacity place called Promowest Pavilion. That was a great concert, comprised of songs off their first 2 (great) albums. They connected with the the small crowd really well.

Summer of 2005, I see Coldplay again in Columbus at the 20000 capacity Germain Amphitheater. The new album isn't nearly as good in my opinion, and they had a hard time communicating the songs to 20,000 people. They tried hard with an over the top stage production to get the crowd into the show, because their musical performance itself couldn't do that. I don't think Coldplay has the experience, the charisma, and enough good songs to play in large arenas at this time. I wasn't impressed. Not to mention the only song they played from Parachuset was "Yellow".

But my friend bought tickets to see them in Cleveland, $75 tickets actually. And I have to go, cause if not he will lose money and I don't want him to lose money on them. I'm not really looking forward to the concert. I'm more looking forward to visiting Cleveland again, a fun city.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:56 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Well I'm going (my fourth Coldplay show) two weeks from Sunday. I was going to go to Houston too, but now I've got Death Cab, Jenny Lewis, and Van Morrison tickets to pay for so I can't.

I'm getting really excited about Fiona. I always liked her voice and the few songs I had heard, but last night I downloaded Extraordinary Machine and I'm really getting into it. It's going to be a treat to see her, and I'm glad I got her as an opener as opposed to Richard Ashcroft.

Tags
coldplay