So, how was your day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's see :hmm: Slept in, did some stuff around the apartment, played with the puppy, took a two-hour nap, puttered around a bit more, took another nap, got all spiffied up and went out for dinner with one of my best girlfriends at my favorite Italian place, went to the nearby tea shop for a few cups and some good convo, said goodnight, got some Timmies and here I am chatting with some more friends. :up: I'd say it was perfect.

Like any other Sunday ... went to church, out to lunch, visited family and did housecleaning and grocery shopping. :wink:

Only difference was that I spent some time by my sister's in the mid-evening, planning our folks' Anniversary party, it's a surprise. :up:

Late start, so I guess that what alright. All downhill from then, though :( Buses running late, so I'm late for college (again) Met up with a friend so we could pay the deposit for a Barcelona trip, she forgot :angry: Hung around for tutor so I could talk to him about UCAS. He wasn't in. Looked around for my english teacher so I could give him my coursework (early). Couldn't find him, so settled for putting it in his pidgeon hole. I hope he actually gets/reads it. Was in such a bad mood by this point I thought fuck it. So I came home (not before being held up by stupid buses, again)

so far my massage therapist at work has not shown up for one massage, thank God she's been here for the rest. I've been stuck on the phone with crappy insurance people all day, and I have a freaking headahce in the back of my head that won't go away!!!

Today was the day from hell ... I can't believe it's this difficult to order promo tickets for a Blackhawks game. :ohmy:

The game is 2 weeks away yet ... it not like it's within 3 days and people are getting tickets last minute. :tsk:

What's wrong with this picture ?? :hmm:

I had a check-up with my doctor, and I am anemic, so he wants me to start taking iron pills. I can't tolerate them for they make me really sick, so he prescribed a new over the counter iron medication. It has to be special ordered, and when I asked my pharmacist how much it was, he told me $40.00 for a month's supply. :shocked: I asked him if there was anything else that I could take, and he recommended me another medication for $11.00, a month's supply. Now that is a big difference, so I am going with it. I feel that my pharmacist knows better than the doctor. I know that my doctor is going to call me, so see if I was able to tolerate what he prescribed. So should I lie to him, that I couldn't tolerate this new drug or just come out and tell him that I can't afford what he prescribed? :help:

^ Hope this helps, tiny. :D

The cheaper meds are probably a 'generic brand' for the original meds your doctor prescribed. :up:

That's how it works with some of the meds I take from the doctor as well ... he prescribes the brand name, which costs me $40.00 through my insurance ... then, if I get the 'generic brand' instead, it's usually $5 or $10 depending on the dosage.

It probably won't matter to your doctor since 'generics' work the same as the 'original brand' ... as long as it's the correct type of meds to take for the diagnosis from your doctor. All should be fine and no reason to worry. :wink:

Now, if I could only get rid of this headache ... the busy work-load isn't helping either. :sad:

Thanks MsMofo for your advice on this matter, for my insurance does not cover over the counter drugs. My pharmacist is really good when it comes to meds. He's always looks out for me, about what is good and the cost of my medications.

Now I wish I could make your headache go away. :hug: :sad: I go through the same thing at work, especially when it is busy, so I know how you feel. :(

No problem on the advice, tiny ... Anytime !! :wink:
As for the pharmacist ..., that's what he is there for, to help customers with their medication needs. :up:

It's been rather fun chatting away ... but I must now finally try to get some more work done. :yes:
The longer I put it off, the more I'll have to do later. See you again soon. :wave:

Good, went shopping this morning and bought 'I was Bono's Doppelganger' (hoping to start reading that tonight) and had to go into uni and catch up on an assessment i missed a few weeks ago 'cos i was sick...

I went shopping earlier today and spent alot of money on a new fall/winter wardrobe. :ohmy:
That's alright ... I needed it. :wink:

Tonight is a really laughable evening ... we're all sitting around doing nothing. The power went out in only half of our building ... thank goodness, it was the correct side that went out. Our assembly line is down and all fax communications are on-the-blink. :applaud:
So, no work for me. :happy:
Luckily, my computer is still up-and-running ... so I can finish the work I'm about done with and spend my leisurely free time here at Interference. The company has called ComEd and they are sending electricians to come out and work on the problem (whatever that may be) so, until we hear otherwise ... the company will NOT send the employees home. As the electricity could be back on at any time ... or until we find out differently. So, all anyone can do is sit around and wait. The good news is that we still get paid for waiting ... after 2 hours, if the power has NOT returned, then we will be sent home.

So, like I said ... it's a laughable evening here at work. All anyone is doing, is sitting around and laughing about this whole stupid incident. There seems to be NO apparent reason for the power outage. :lol:

OK ... so we just heard that the weather is the problem !! :up:

It seems that lightning hit a transformer ... it will take about an hour and a half to repair. So, I guess the company is gonna make us wait and then return to work once the power is restored.

That's actually fine with alot of us here ... as we don't wanna get sent home because of the Severe Storms that are heading in our direction. It's like no one wants to be on the road travelling right now ... it's that dangerous. Too many lightning bolts coming down ... I'm surprised ComEd is working on fixing the problem. It's dangerous to be outside ... Period. :yes:

Awsome! I never though school could be so fun! My friend and I are drawing on our school walls! Will start painting very soon!

Very nice, since I had the day off. Went grocery shopping. Got my hair trimmed & colored. Also did some shopping at the mall, and got some really good bargains!!! :happy: Went and visited my aunt who is in a personal care home, and had a really good visit with her. Came home and unloaded my groceries, made dinner , and now I'm on the Blue Crack, until my program comes on TV.

Very trying ... since I had experienced Severe Weather at work earlier. I was glad we were sent home early ... but, I was even happier I made it home safely. Now, the danger is over and moved on elsewhere outta my viewing area. So, I can relax and enjoy Interference, once again. :up:

Not so bad, early start and went in for English. It was a bit of a waste of time, I hate dramatic monologues :yawn: All fun in graphics as per usual, had to brave Careers to hand in my final UCAS form :yikes: All I can say is I'm glad it's done - it was manic in there. Read my tutor's reference :up: It's not too shabby. Home, then back again for 5.30 (I was late) to help out with Open Evening. Some of the kids were in a world of their own :lol: It was quite fun though. Didn't get home till gone 9. I hate public transport.

The weekend is going by much too quickly. I can't understand why EVERY single weekend goes by so-ooo fast. :hmm:

Not once, does it ever drift by S-L-O-W-L-Y. :tsk:

The work week could practice 'taking lessons' from the weekend. :up:

Maybe then we all wouldn't have to work so much or so long. :D

Back
Top Bottom