Smackover, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I'm thinking more here of academic, stuffy nerds like myself, rather than the pseudo-nerd who thinks that just because they're fat, live in a basement, can't cook, and watch Star Trek 20 hours a day, that makes them a nerd. And most academic nerds seem to be the kind who want to seem really refined, like they have an eloquent, elegant grasp of English and would never be using words as vulgar as 'fuck'.

I suspect they swear all the fucking time when nobody's listening.

I imagine the super academic nerds would swear, but sparingly - making the impact pretty awesome. They would have good timing.

But there are like a bazillion types of nerds, so yeah.

See, I'm thinking more here of academic, stuffy nerds like myself, rather than the pseudo-nerd who thinks that just because they're fat, live in a basement, can't cook, and watch Star Trek 20 hours a day, that makes them a nerd. And most academic nerds seem to be the kind who want to seem really refined, like they have an eloquent, elegant grasp of English and would never be using words as vulgar as 'fuck'.

I suspect they swear all the fucking time when nobody's listening.

Andre, I believe you are a lying fucker.

I imagine the super academic nerds would swear, but sparingly - making the impact pretty awesome. They would have good timing.

But there are like a bazillion types of nerds, so yeah.

I'm trying to imagine one of my lecturers from last year swearing. He was the most intellectual of intellectuals, nerdiest of nerds kind of fellow. I suspected he lived at university in lieu of having friends. But just imagining him having FUN as normal people would understand it, let alone dropping his academic demeanour to the level of swearing, is almost impossible.

He was the best bloke, though. He'd been to an illegal underground Plastic People Of The Universe gig in Eastern Europe before the Wall fell, so there was that.

goddamn. i finally decided on some dinner (yes i know it's really late, long story) and the only thing that looked appealing to me was this soup. it has peas in it. i hate peas. and the broth part tastes like peas :sad:

Could be worse, Khan. Could taste like pees.

God that was bad.

:lol: Yeah, that would work for me. Can you get in touch with Danny and see if that would work for him?

Though I think we'd have to do the midday train out of Melbourne, as the 11am departure doesn't stop at Wezza (non-stop Footscray to Lara). The midday departure hits Werribee at 12:26pm and Geelong at 12:54.

has sent message

Dude, wtf. Okay, so I took this photo because the whole badger badger badger thing has amused me since about 2003, but I just noticed that the badger in the middle has a magic wand! Dude, I want a magical badger!

badgerbadgerbadger.jpg

rub badgers the right way ! :lol:

Cottammit, I'm going back to Minlaton in like ten minutes and one of my mates was going to come back too, but turns out he has to work 'til late so he can't.

So, I uploaded Ride's Nowhere album for PFan and LM. Anybody else want it? And LM, your e-mail address is the whp555444 one, right?

I totally own a physical copy. :up:

Did you get around to checking out 99th Dream?

I own physical copies of probably ... 1% of my music collection. If that. Don't see the point in them.

No, haven't yet. Should get onto that.

I've been enjoying Mezcal Head for much of today. :drool:

I own physical copies of probably ... 1% of my music collection. If that. Don't see the point in them.

No, haven't yet. Should get onto that.

I've been enjoying Mezcal Head for much of today. :drool:

I bought my copy nearly three years ago, so yeah. Though I had downloaded much of it first.

Listened to Duress on the bus today... whoooaa. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom