Smackover, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I've really fallen behind on my early good pace at album listening. The DI listening last weekend hurt, and the holiday this weekend will hurt too.

But, hey, in real life, suddenly I'm an alternative rock expert compared to most, so that's better.

Coming to think of it, perhaps a better genre label for My Bloody Valentine would be obsessivegaze!

I feel like I've really fallen behind on my early good pace at album listening. The DI listening last weekend hurt, and the holiday this weekend will hurt too.

But, hey, in real life, suddenly I'm an alternative rock expert compared to most, so that's better.

Outside of any actual real friendships one might form, the best thing about this site is the wealth of musical opinions. I have learned about so many bands via this site, and hopefully have recommended a few, too.

Heh, when you find them, you'll have to remind me what they were - and if the links are expired, I'd be happy to re-upload.

Your e-mail reference Loveless and Nowhere but said you didn't have them uploaded. You sent me:

Doppleganger - Curve
Mezcal Head - Swervedriver
Vortura - Bailter Space
In the Presence of Nothing - Lilys

Outside of any actual real friendships one might form, the best thing about this site is the wealth of musical opinions. I have learned about so many bands via this site, and hopefully have recommended a few, too.

Absolutely agree. This site has immensely helped me in my quest to be a knowledged music fan. If I end up with half the expertise of Phanan, I will be a very happy man.

Yeah, Psychocandy was pretty bloody important, though I don't listen to it much myself.

There are some good songs on it though, even if it sounds as if there's a table saw attempting to split a townhouse in half roaring in the background.

Your e-mail reference Loveless and Nowhere but said you didn't have them uploaded. You sent me:

Doppleganger - Curve
Mezcal Head - Swervedriver
Vortura - Bailter Space
In the Presence of Nothing - Lilys

Ah, righto. Will have to upload Nowhere for you if you like A Storm In Heaven even a little bit. And Mezcal Head is probably my favourite of those four uploaded - absolutely sensational and rockin' album, though not as shoegazy as some (Duress aside, which is just shoegaze bliss).

NSW, did you say you desire listening to more Bowie? I think I e-mailed two albums to Axver at some point. I could forward them to you if you wanted. It's Station to Station (my favorite) and Low.

BTW, Ax, if you have Nowhere in hand, I'd like a link to it. Still haven't listened to anything by Ride yet. :slant:

hey guys, i'm home after wasting about three hours of my life. i probably won't be around for a while as i'm in a pissy mood and wouldn't want to subject any of you guys to it :uhoh:

There are some good songs on it though, even if it sounds as if there's a table saw attempting to split a townhouse in half roaring in the background.

:laugh:

No question about that. Might have to dig it out later and give it a play. I haven't heard a track from it in months.

I'll also be very glad when I get my own laptop and my own iTunes. The first thing I'm going to do is go out and buy a bunch of blank CDs and take all my songs off the family iTunes and put them on my own. Then, it won't look as suspicious that there's a hundred new songs every couple of weeks. :lol:

I did, yes.....hey, if it's no trouble, sure, please do......thanks!

I think it was track by track, but better than nothing, M I RITE??

I'd go for Station to Station first, I think it's his best album. I think LM would agree.

(I rank Space Oddity second, though, and the only other person on the site to think it's that good is Beav, maybe I'm crazy.)

hey guys, i'm home after wasting about three hours of my life. i probably won't be around for a while as i'm in a pissy mood and wouldn't want to subject any of you guys to it :uhoh:

:hug:

Look at it this way: at least you didn't just stand on a relatively cold platform overlooking a railway yard on a midwinter's morning waiting to photograph a steam train that was 45 minutes late! :lol:

Yeah, agreed. They're definitely helping to make the album seem more cohesive.

I'm loving Beyond The Dying Light. Oh, and it's finished. Great closer. Now I think I need to play New Years End again. :drool:

God Is An Astronaut is one of those post-rocks bands that are really quite easy to listen to. You don't feel like their albums are really dragging anywhere, even with the short, quiet tracks. That's why they are one of my favorite post-rock bands.

Damn, I don't have the opening track to Station to Station uploaded. That's the best song he's ever done.

God Is An Astronaut is one of those post-rocks bands that are really quite easy to listen to. You don't feel like their albums are really dragging anywhere, even with the short, quiet tracks. That's why they are one of my favorite post-rock bands.

Agreed entirely. I still haven't gotten into GY!BE because their albums just seem to take forever to go anywhere and I find myself wanting to listen to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom