Sigur Ros back in the news....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
from Pitchfork...

Chris Leslie-Hynan reports:
Sigur R?s have gone into the studio to begin work on their fourth full-length album, according to the band's official news source, www.sigur-ros.co.uk. We talked to the site's editor, Bj?rn Erlingur Fl?ki Bj?rnsson, who said the band began recording two weeks ago but "don't even know much yet themselves" about what the album will eventually sound like.

Three tracks the band has been working into their setlists during their extensive touring in support of ( ) ("Gong," "M?lan?," and "Salka") are leading candidates for inclusion; live clips of each song are available on the site. However long this recording session lasts, it probably won't be the band's only trip into the studio. With trips to New York planned in August and October to play with Bj?rk and Radiohead, respectively, they'll probably be in and out of sessions for the remainder of the year.

According to Bj?rnsson, the album "already looks to be considerably more accessible than ( )-- this J?nsi said to me himself the other day." The trio of new songs would seem to bear this out, offering no great resemblance to the grey, laden hymns and bitter crescendos of ( ). The chiming guitars of "Salka" (an Icelandic female name) and lively snare rolls of "Gong" (a Malayan word for... um, a gong) give the new material a comparatively buoyant, urbane feel. As for "M?lan?"-- well, it doesn't fit either of those adjectives particularly, but it's about a city, so there

I just saw that myself :up:

Sounds good.

I just listened to Agaetis Byrjun last night :up:

I've listened to live versions of "G?ng," "Salka," "M?lan?," and a more ambient song called "Smaskifa." I would say that, yes, they are definitely more accessible than "( )."

I'm very excited for this next album, and I am starting to think that Sigur Ros may be starting to replace U2 as my favorite artist. :reject:

Melon

melon said:
I've listened to live versions of "G?ng," "Salka," "M?lan?," and a more ambient song called "Smaskifa." I would say that, yes, they are definitely more accessible than "( )."

I'm very excited for this next album, and I am starting to think that Sigur Ros may be starting to replace U2 as my favorite artist. :reject:

Melon

:laugh: They're great. Can't wait for their next album (both Sigur Ros AND U2 :tongue: )

standing down

I had a huge parting shot to write here but since this is a Sigur Ros thread and not an anti-Sigur Ros thread I won't need to write it here.

Enjoy the new album, folks!

aww damn. now i want to hear mr yrtl's parting "shot". don't tell anyone but I hear it's huuge. Way bigger than mine no doubt :p It's always nice to hear a good shot, actually i've just never heard any good snide anti-sigur ros comments before .. i do hope a snide remark of some variety was on the menu and i haven't just sillily made fool of own sorry self.

But who am I kidding I'm a big fan of the old Sigur Ros.. admittedly a little underwhelmed by their ( ) album though.

I'll have to check out these new songs.

Back
Top Bottom