Sifl and Olly appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
You know what was the best show EVER (not just the best show ever on MTV, but the best show ever) was Sifl and Olly. Man I was religous about that show, true dat. And if you can find a better use of scok puppets I would like to hear it (cuz sock puppets are pretty damn funny.) And it wasn't just the great characters (holla if you hear me Chester) it was the songs, and the interviews and the general what not. Come on, you know United States of Whatever and Prostitute Laundry were like the best songs ever. Admit it. Anyway jsut deal with it. You loved this show. Admit it.

conv_vexer20.jpg

ah, back in the days when mtv was actually good. I vaguely remember this show, I think i was just beginning to watch mtv (even though my mom said I was allowed to) when this stuff was ending.

I somewhat disliked that show when it used to be on, but I find Liam Lynch's songs to be humorous.

The sock puppets disturbed me. It was funny, but scary. I think I'm somehow scared of puppets. Remember that show that was kind of like 'Married With Children', but it had a weird bunny rabbit pupped with Bobcat Goodwaith's voice? That show was insanely disturbing to me also. Stuff like that just seems really weird to me. I'm a wuss.

Last edited:
Ok help me out here, people. I only vaguely remember the show that dear notiti is referring to but I do know the song United States of Whatever because it is in heavy rotation on jjj right now. Are you saying that Liam Lynch was somehow involved with this show or that song is from that show and he just covered it or what??

Word up.
I would liek to point out that Homer Simpson shares u2popmofo's crippeling fear of sock puppets.
I think that "Cars and Trucks in the Universe" was maybe my favorite song - or prostitute laundry.

"I may be a pimp but I ain't washing my hoes - ahhhh prostitute - prostitute laundry- I said I may be a pimp but I ain't washing no clothes - ahhh prostitute - prositute laundry. I'm tired of their garter belts and their panty hoes- I may be the pimp but I ain't washin no clothes - I've been to the laundry mat enough times to know- prostitutes have got some nasty clothes."

Back
Top Bottom