Shuttlecock XXVI: There is no Boner only ZUUL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit of both. Mostly hating right now, due to having to talk to angry employees who are freaking out over how much their health coverage is costing them as of 10/1.

Maybe we should do a 'Cock meet-up?

When referring to the 'Cock, its a "meat up".

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

I left the Pearl Jam concert early last night, ducking out before the first encore.

They were good, I just wasn't that into it. I didn't recognize as many songs as I would have hoped. I did enjoy hearing Why Go, which I hadn't heard probably since I had the Ten album, which must have been .... jeez, ten years ago?

I probably won't feel the need to see them again.

I'm kinda expecting to feel the same way when I see them next week, Cori. Don't tell GAF. :reject:

I left the Pearl Jam concert early last night, ducking out before the first encore.

They were good, I just wasn't that into it. I didn't recognize as many songs as I would have hoped. I did enjoy hearing Why Go, which I hadn't heard probably since I had the Ten album, which must have been .... jeez, ten years ago?

:ohmy:

I've never seen them. I've never been a huge fan but I thought I should at least see them once but never got around to it. Oh well.

I don't think I even know a lot of PJ songs. :reject:

I tried to listen to the few albums of theirs I have in preparation for the show, but lost interest a few songs in. I'm sure it'll still be fun, but I'm not expecting to suddenly think they're the greatest thing since soy sauce. We shall see.

Yeah, I was hoping I'd have been more into it. I'd been on a sailboat all afternoon and my stomach was a little upset earlier, so I wasn't at my best, either.

When referring to the 'Cock, its a "meat up".

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

:hi5:

I saw PJ back in 2006 and it was a good show, but yeah, I don't have any huge need to go see them again. But, then again, I haven't heard the new album yet, so I might change my mind. Then again, the only acts I see more than once regardless are U2 and Bruce, and I haven't bought a ticket to see Bruce's Detroit show in Nov yet, so PJ is 99.999% out of luck of seeing my money.

I'm out of "then again"s for today.

And I'm sorry work is sucking for you right now, cori (I feel funny calling you that when I used your real name in Chicago, lol) :hug:

I had the same experience when I saw them, probably, 10 years ago. I just don't get them. 10 was amazing when it came out, and then everything else they've done seems underwhelming to me.

I've always liked Pearl Jam, but I don't follow them like U2 or Bruce. Still, the one show I saw back in 1996 was really great.

That show in Seattle was probably not the greatest for casual fans, as they didn't do Alive or Evenflow.

Fix that! :angry:

I'm waiting on some extra money but right now I figure I can wait a bit longer - or I'm hoping to be able to. The only thing that worries me is that this could very well be the last hurrah, and I don't want to kick myself for missing it.

If I feel really cheap I might end up buying a *gasp* seat, since it looks like some of those might be cheaper than GA. Bruce sweat, or saving a few extra bucks? :hmm:

(If martha read this she'd smack me... )

Saw Pearl Jam in Hawaii. I think that was probably enough :)

Saw Eddie Vedder on the solo tour. Had seats in the balcony, but at least I was in. I really enjoyed it. Hard Sun = :love:

:hug: for cori.
My husband was playing that R.E.M. song a lot last week, the one with 'corianderstem' in the lyrics.

That would be Find the River, one of my all-time favorite REM songs.

They played Alive at the first show, and I would have liked to have heard that. I'm always surprised by how much I enjoy it when I hear it. Evenflow I could do without.

I do really like that live album they recorded at Benaroya Hall in Seattle a few years back - that's really good.

I think it's time to update my resume. I'm happy to have a job these days, but jeez louise, I'm not liking this at all anymore.

You're not the only one, Carlos!

The line in the REM song is "coriander stem and rose of hay"

Yeah, this Saturday is the day we suffer through the irritating Megan Fox to see our beloved band. Or just DVR it and fast-forward through all the unfunny crap.

I had a girl contact me through Live Journal a few years back with a very excited email about "OMG are you Cori Anderson from such and such high school????"

Alas, I was not Cori Anderson.

I don't think anyone called me Cori in Chicago except mofo, who had one slip while we were walking somewhere. Which was random and funny.

I had a girl contact me through Live Journal a few years back with a very excited email about "OMG are you Cori Anderson from such and such high school????"

Alas, I was not Cori Anderson.

I don't think anyone called me Cori in Chicago except mofo, who had one slip while we were walking somewhere. Which was random and funny.

I think unless I know the person really well (or unless their screen name is really horrid) I tend to go back and forth between calling them by their real name and interference name.

I do remember meeting mofo and going, "hey, mofo!" - after that I'm pretty sure I just called him Trevor, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom