Shuttlecock XXV: Praying for Bono's Ball Circulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... fellow Chicago-bound Shuttlecockers: anyone have dinner plans for Friday night yet (edit: besides Cori :mad: )? Having never been to Chicago, but knowing it's got a good reputation for good eats, I feel the need to find a foodie-approved place to go. Any recommendations? Anyone wanna join in?

There's a nice McDonalds on Michigan Ave.

j/k

I've lived in the city most of my life and I feel like I wouldn't be good at making dining recommendations because I have a less-than-refined taste in food. If you want to eat hot dogs or bratwurst for dinner I could give you a suggestion or two. And then there's this link:

Chicago Restaurants – Ratings & Reviews – The ZAGAT Guide

I think I might check out the Museum of Science and Industry on Saturday morning. :nerd:

Dude, yes! It's awesome.

But the Art Institute is 1000000000x better. Check that shit out if you haven't before.

Yeah, that's going to be odd. Unless you want people to say in public, "Hey, u2popmofo, how are you?'

Anything is better than scumbo.

Any plans for drinks/something after the Saturday show?

I'm going to go nuts on Diet Coke!

Everyone will be so enchanted at finally meeting him, they'll be all tongue-tied 'n' shit.

At least that's what happened to me. : dreamy:

I appreciate flattery, even when it's not true. :wink:

GAF or NSW, any awesome Chicago music store recommendations?

It's funny you brought up hotdogs, GAF, as my dad told me to go to some famous hotdog place while I'm there. I paid close attention, as I have no clue what the name was.

I'd recommend places but I have the culinary sensibilities of a child.

Diemen, Gaffer is right in that the Art Institute is the shit, but you cannot go wrong with Science & Industry.

I think right now the only big chunk of time I have wide open is Sunday, where I only have the following on the agenda:

Late Afternoon: Show up in line
Evening: Rock out

You mean 'rock the fuck out' :rockon:

Yeah, that's going to be odd. Unless you want people to say in public, "Hey, u2popmofo, how are you?'

I was gonna say scumbo, but apparently scumbo already posted :mad:

Martha and I will have to be content being in S.Calif. in 2 weeks
grumpyhighfive.gif

GAF or NSW, any awesome Chicago music store recommendations?

It's funny you brought up hotdogs, GAF, as my dad told me to go to some famous hotdog place while I'm there. I paid close attention, as I have no clue what the name was.

There's a cool shop called Record Breakers on the Southside that you might enjoy. If I think of something else I'll let you know.

REGGIES New Rock Headquarters

Hot dogs :drool::drool:

I'd love to do something after the show. Or before, if people want to attempt to grab dinner. We have phone numbers - we can figure something out.

So in crazy dickhead news, a guy threw a rock through the windshield of my bus on the way home. We couldn't figure out if it actually came through the window or not, but glass everywhere. I was sitting right near the front. Lovely shower of glass. Had I not been wearing sunglasses, I probably would have gotten glass in the eye. No one hurt, luckily.

Bus driver stopped right away, made sure everyone was okay, and then he and another couple of guys went to see if they could spot the guy to get a description, but he had taken off running.

Another driver was on the bus, so he grabbed the phone and called it in, another guy called 911, cop was there pretty quickly, paramedics came to check out the one guy that got most of the glass in the face.

I saw the guy step out from the bus shelter, and it looked like he was trying to flag down the bus, but he had something in his hand, and I saw him wind up and hurl it at the bus. A lot of people get mad when the bus doesn't stop because they don't realize it's an express and doesn't stop along this road, but I've never seen anyone do more than yell or make HEY, WTF gestures.

Since he'd already had it in his hand, he must have just been your garden variety crazy asshole waiting to hurl a rock at a bus.

Really fucking scary.

But hey, I got to give a statement to the cop and he took all my info, so chalk up a new experience for me!

Would you listen to it in a box? Would you listen to it with a fox?

Maaaaaaaaybe with a fox. :cute:

So in crazy dickhead news, a guy threw a rock through the windshield of my bus on the way home.

Um, wow. That's really freaking scary. I'm glad it turned out sort of okay. People are crazy. I've seen and heard some crazy stuff happening around here, too, this week. I will spare you my fascinating planetary analysis of the situation and just give you a big :hug:

Sadly I am not available for any fun activities until pretty much before the show on Saturday. Maybe a drink or a bite to eat. And then I'm all yours. All of you. Yours. Until Monday morning. Have at me. However, I will belong most to those who enjoy pancakes as a post-show rock & roll tradition as much as I do.

I hope to get to the Art Institute to see the new wing, and to meet a writer who works there who I've been in contact with for various things (so I can take her to lunch and write off a really nice meal, of course), but especially to see the Gerhard Richter installation. :drool:

Maaaaaaaaybe with a fox. :cute:

Um, wow. That's really freaking scary. I'm glad it turned out sort of okay. People are crazy. I've seen and heard some crazy stuff happening around here, too, this week. I will spare you my fascinating planetary analysis of the situation and just give you a big :hug:

Sadly I am not available for any fun activities until pretty much before the show on Saturday. Maybe a drink or a bite to eat. And then I'm all yours. All of you. Yours. Until Monday morning. Have at me. However, I will belong most to those who enjoy pancakes as a post-show rock & roll tradition as much as I do.

I hope to get to the Art Institute to see the new wing, and to meet a writer who works there who I've been in contact with for various things (so I can take her to lunch and write off a really nice meal, of course), but especially to see the Gerhard Richter installation. :drool:

I'm down for whatever after the show, be it pancakes or something other.

I'd love to do something after the show. Or before, if people want to attempt to grab dinner. We have phone numbers - we can figure something out.

So in crazy dickhead news, a guy threw a rock through the windshield of my bus on the way home. We couldn't figure out if it actually came through the window or not, but glass everywhere. I was sitting right near the front. Lovely shower of glass. Had I not been wearing sunglasses, I probably would have gotten glass in the eye. No one hurt, luckily.

Bus driver stopped right away, made sure everyone was okay, and then he and another couple of guys went to see if they could spot the guy to get a description, but he had taken off running.

Another driver was on the bus, so he grabbed the phone and called it in, another guy called 911, cop was there pretty quickly, paramedics came to check out the one guy that got most of the glass in the face.

I saw the guy step out from the bus shelter, and it looked like he was trying to flag down the bus, but he had something in his hand, and I saw him wind up and hurl it at the bus. A lot of people get mad when the bus doesn't stop because they don't realize it's an express and doesn't stop along this road, but I've never seen anyone do more than yell or make HEY, WTF gestures.

Since he'd already had it in his hand, he must have just been your garden variety crazy asshole waiting to hurl a rock at a bus.

Really fucking scary.

But hey, I got to give a statement to the cop and he took all my info, so chalk up a new experience for me!

If I were Batman I'd torment the fuck out of this guy.

I bet Batman has a lot of fun, actually.

That is wonderful.

One could also say it is.....MAGNIIIIIIFICOOOCK!

:reject:

I drove through Chicago once on the way from Cleveland to Minnesota. There was road construction, and the tolls cost me $734782934847. It was unpleasant.

So the city owes you a good time. Scumbo. Joyful. Cori. NSW. And others. All in one place, united for a common cause: To rock the fuck out, to the 'cock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom