Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they have to scrap the whole plan.

Well it's unlikely they wouldn't make up the dates, essentially punishing the ticket-buying fans/the city for something that wasn't their fault.

Whether they will record those dates or some other show is another question. But here has to be some some home video document of the tour.

I came in here to post that I'm wondering if they'll alter the SBS portion of the show tomorrow night in light of the arrest this week in that case. Fuck, had no idea about this. Horrific.

I came in here to post that I'm wondering if they'll alter the SBS portion of the show tomorrow night in light of the arrest this week in that case. Fuck, had no idea about this. Horrific.

I've heard that U2 actually can't do shows because France declared the state emergency, thus all the public events have to be canceled, which probably includes U2 show.

Right, but that wasn't my point...it was the irony of me thinking that an arrest in the Bloody Sunday case might come up in the show tomorrow night, not having seen the news about this bloody, horrific event. Obviously I don't care about the U2 show in light of this.

Part of me wishes U2 could play tomorrow night only because it would be a big "Fuck You" to the terrorists. But yeah it probably is too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I guess firstly It would depend on if they lift the state of emergency.

It would be nice assuming the concerts don't go ahead (perhaps they will reschedule until after Dublin?) that there is enough footage from the first two nights for a broadcast tomorrow night.

Part of me wishes U2 could play tomorrow night only because it would be a big "Fuck You" to the terrorists. But yeah it probably is too soon.

I like the idea of just the band playing for the camera that someone posed in another thread.

Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making...

Tomorrow's show is not happening.

"As a result of the ongoing state of emergency across France, the U2 Paris concert scheduled for 14th November will not be going ahead as planned. U2 and Live Nation, along with HBO who were due to live broadcast the Saturday concert, are fully resolved to go ahead with this show at an appropriate time.

Speaking from Paris the band said:

"We watched in disbelief and shock at the unfolding events in Paris and our hearts go out to all the victims and their families across the city tonight.

We are devastated at the loss of life at the Eagles of Death Metal concert and our thoughts and prayers are with the band and their fans.

And we hope and pray that all of our fans in Paris are safe."

I'm glad that's the decision. As I said before, that make-up show is going to be a memorable one. And at the risk of sounding corny, U2 has the deep connection with their audience to be part of the healing process in the way they were on the U.S. tour post-9/11.

Interesting they didn't say anything about Sunday. Hard to believe they'd go through with that one either.

And I agree with Laz, the make-up show or shows have the potential to be incredible.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I'm glad that's the decision. As I said before, that make-up show is going to be a memorable one. And at the risk of sounding corny, U2 has the deep connection with their audience to be part of the healing process in the way they were on the U.S. tour post-9/11.

Well said and agreed.

Yeah I'd be very surprised if the fourth show goes ahead. Surely they're going to bump both shows to after Dublin rather than trying to reschedule the 14/11 show for 16/11?

Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making...

Its all so very sad and horrifying to even think about.

Im not sure whats happened to the state of this world when things like this are not even shocking anymore.

Bono on the radio this am:

Everybody is safe in our party, which is great. We haven’t heard of any of our fans yet down. Thank God for that. Really our first thoughts at this point are with the Eagles fans, the Eagles of Death Metal and this is if you think about it, the majority of victims last night are music fans. This is the first direct hit on music that we’ve had in this so called war-on-terror or whatever it’s called. It’s very upsetting. These are our people. This could be me at a show. You at a show, in that venue. It’s a very recognizable situation for you and for me and the coldblooded aspect of this slaughter is deeply disturbing and that’s what I can’t get out of my head. ... I mean again we didn’t call it off. It was cancelled, honest, and I understand perfectly why. I think music is very important. I think U2 has a role to play and I can’t wait till we get back to Paris and play and that’s what I’m feeling from the messages we’re receiving from music fans is these people will not set our agenda. They will not organize our lives for us. I remember U2 is the first big act back into New York after 9/11. We played Madison Square Garden and the feeling of Madison Square Garden was just unbelievable and the feeling was just this is who we are, you can’t change it. You’re not gonna turn us into haters or you’re not gonna turn us around in the way we go about our lives. That was the feeling of Madison Square Garden back then and I hope that will be the feeling at Bercy when we get back there.

I'm curious what HBO will air tonight. They should find a way to honor the victims somehow, but obviously not a lot of time to turn something around.

Back
Top Bottom