Shuttlecock! Part XVI - Tours of the future hold the metal crustaceans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Present!

bonoclaw.gif

Wow, that's amazing.

Nobody pays me. :sad:

*throws Sicy a dollar*

I was having some woeful computer crap going on earlier. Stupid spyware. Adware. Whatever the hell it was, it sucked.

Thank god for system restore.

One of my non-Shuttlecock-related friends in Chicago said she'd heard that Snow Patrol is opening in Chicago.

I'm a little "meh" about that, especially when faced with the prospect of Muse. But it's better than the alternative of Black Eyed Peas.

Phoenix Vertigo was recorded by our very own Chrisedge and sounds like a pro did it. I don't know if that's the one on U2start though.

My selections:

2005-04-15 Glendale, Arizona

I was actually at that freaking show, I can't believe how poor of a fan I was during the last tour that not only do I not have a copy of this, I didn't even know there was one (let alone that it's supposedly fantastic).

So is it too early to start worrying if our Douchebag seats are going to be blocked by Douchebag Claw Leg?

From the diagrams I've seen, I don't think so, but I'm so confused by this giant metal monster I keep seeing pictures of, I'm struggling with even trying to imagine what this show is going to look like!

The stage supposedly rotates, so we will hopefully be fine no matter where we are. I did briefly think about that as well though...

I'm sure we'll be fine.

I had a friend who watched from behind the stage during the Elevation tour, and he said it was the coolest concert he'd ever seen as he could see what the band was looking at the entire time, and it was amazing.

Really? I've just seen people asking if the stage rotates, and a bunch of other people rolling their eyes and being all "no, you dumbass, it doesn't rotate."

But I haven't read Rolling Stone or any of the other articles that have had more details about the stage.

I had another friend email me asking if the band had mentioned anything about their carbon footprint, after he'd read about the giant production and all the trucks involved. I think he almost keeled over from shock when I said I really didn't know a lot about the tour itself, as I was behind in my U2-article reading.

The stage supposedly rotates, so we will hopefully be fine no matter where we are. I did briefly think about that as well though...

I'm sure we'll be fine.

I had a friend who watched from behind the stage during the Elevation tour, and he said it was the coolest concert he'd ever seen as he could see what the band was looking at the entire time, and it was amazing.

I saw an Elevation show from behind the stage, and it was a pretty cool perspective. Granted, I'd have much rather seen the band from the front, since, y'know, staring at their backside isn't all that exciting and pretty much all of the lightshow was directed to stage front, but it was pretty cool to watch the lights bathe over the rest of the arena. Particularly cool during WTSHNN.

That would be me. :reject: :wink:

You're the one rolling your eyes, right? Ha ha. I hope so. I'd hate to just have insulted you in such a public manner. ;)

I wouldn't mind being behind the stage for a show, just to see it from that vantage point.

Until the End of the Match

Haven't played you in quite a while
I was on the court till service time
Last time we met was a loser's bracket
We were as close together as strong hand and racquet
I ate my carbs, drank Powerjuice
Stretched my arms until they were loose
But then you
You were talking about the end of the match

I won the tourney
I spiked the cock
You missed all my shots falling on the chalk
You made me laugh with those pathetic serves
You know I am the hero the crowd deserves
In the lockers I was being a dick
Grabbed a wet towel, gave your ass a flick
You
You were acting like it was the end of the match

In my dream I was lobbing the shuttle
And the shuttle, it fell right in
Pounding birdie, sending down birdie
Coasting towards a win
Taking each set, victory joy
I looked across the court to the foe I destroyed
You, you said you'd play till the end of the match

You're the one rolling your eyes, right? Ha ha. I hope so. I'd hate to just have insulted you in such a public manner. ;)

No not rolling my eyes, but, I don't think the stage will rotate. I think 360 just means that you can see it from every angle. I think it rotates on U2.com just to show people that you can see it from every angle.

Whether it ends up rotating or not, Boner is a damned liar. I think that's something we call all agree on.

I think it rotates on U2.com just to show people that you can see it from every angle.

Ohhhhh, I didn't know they had that sort of visual up. I guess that explains all the questions.

It will suck if certain seats are blocked by the giant metal claw legs - I can't imagine how they'll get around having them block people's views. Oh well.

I'm out - g'night, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom