Shuttlecock! Part VIII - If God Will Serve His Shuttles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing an alternate tracklisting for the new album that included one of the songs that got cut. I can't find it now, but I'd like to listen to that order, do any of you have it?

1. No Net on the Horizon
2. Get on Your Cocks
3. Moment of Service
4. Unknown Partner
5. Magnificock
6. Stand Up Referee
7. Every Serving Cock
8. Swing (Breathe)
9. Cock - Being Engorged
10. Cock Crazy Tonight
11. Courts of Lebanon

I'd say I slightly prefer NNOTH2, but don't blame that at all for putting NNOTH1 on the album. I think both are fantastic, and I really like the couple of suggestions of the band including both on the album. I think that could have worked really well if done right.

I liked the idea before I heard them both. I don't really think they're all that wildly different. The original descriptions reminded me of Neil Young's My My, Hey Hey/Hey Hey, My My duo, but the difference is not that pronounced. Kind of seems like a wasted slot to me.

They should have fit Every Breaking Serve and Tripocock in there instead. I know I haven't heard either of them, but as a Shuttlecock fan, it's my duty to take a negative spin on everything.

1. No Net on the Horizon
2. Get on Your Cocks
3. Moment of Service
4. Unknown Partner
5. Magnificock
6. Stand Up Referee
7. Every Serving Cock
8. Swing (Breathe)
9. Cock - Being Engorged
10. Cock Crazy Tonight
11. Courts of Lebanon

This was official??

No fucking way Cock Crazy is fit to be in the penultimate song spot (Please, Exit, Acrobat, Dirty Day, OOTS). I can see Cock--Being Engorged working there, even though it's not the typical showstopper--at least it's not slight. Magnificock actually could have worked really well at #5, and Get On Your Cocks is a good poppy choice for #2.

The first 10 seconds of MOS remind me of The Gloaming.

I have no idea why I feel the need to write this down, but it drives me nuts every time I hear it.

This was official??

No fucking way Cock Crazy is fit to be in the penultimate song spot (Please, Exit, Acrobat, Dirty Day, OOTS). I can see Cock--Being Engorged working there, even though it's not the typical showstopper--at least it's not slight. Magnificock actually could have worked really well at #5, and Get On Your Cocks is a good poppy choice for #2.

This was the tracklisting within the last week before the finalized the album. In fact, I think it might have been the last day.

This was the tracklisting within the last week before the finalized the album. In fact, I think it might have been the last day.

Considering I have yet to hear Every Breaking Serve, I can't really say whether this track listing is an improvement or not, but it looks bizarre, to say the least.

It lacks the No Net--->Magnificock segue, not to mention the removal of GOYC from the one spot where it makes sense, so it has that against it.

Shuttlecock related question: are there any other completed albums lyrically other than NNOTH? If so, I'll add them to the site.

No, but we completed most of that one in a few hours, so it wouldn't be out of the question to finish a couple more next week.

Are we talking about that shot of the bulletin board in the one Shuttlecock.com video clip? Where does it say that it was some kind of tenative track order?

There's no way they would have had Cock Crazy going into Courts of Lebanon like that. No way.

Are we talking about that shot of the bulletin board in the one Shuttlecock.com video clip? Where does it say that it was some kind of tenative track order?

There's no way they would have had Cock Crazy going into Courts of Lebanon like that. No way.

I fucked it up.

9. Cock Crazy
10. Cock-Being Engorged
11. Courts of Lebanon

Which all but confirms that it was a tracklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom