Shuttlecock IX: Romi and Miss Sil's Line Rules Disunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried an intervention but it didn't quite work out:

orwelldrnk2.jpg

orwelldrnk1.jpg

Hey girl, wanna drink at my place and listen to the first Interpol album?

I met the guy in line for the Solider Field 360 show. He seemed OK, but all the line nazis treated him like a celebrity, which was really fucking weird.

From The Sky Down is a pretty neat documentary. I think it's really all over the place in terms of focus, but I'd love to see more rehearsal footage.

Were all of the early takes of the Achtung material available on the Salome tapes? I can't remember "Sick Puppy" sounding like it did on those tapes, if it was on there. I would have liked to see them discuss some of the other tracks (i.e. the B-sides, the unused tracks that didn't get used, how Lady With The Spinning Head evolved into Zoo Station, The Fly and Ultraviolet) but beggars can't be choosers.

My understanding is the Salome tapes are like 2-3days worth of recordings, and there was plenty more/other takes throughout the sessions that never surfaced.

I've been trying to make an effort to drink more. Seriously, seven days on antibiotics plus a further two or three to, ah, detox (it's the bad kind)... blows.

Well now everyone from Diamond to U2Brother has had their moment in the spotlight with Bono and yet poor Leo still can't get anywhere near him.

The title of this thread is personally attacking forum members, and now you're also personally attacking U2Brothr who is also a member here.
This thread isn't your own private thread you know, anyone can read it. Some of you need to reacquaint yourself with the faqs.

Since I created the thread title, I'll respond...its not a personal attack, certainly not meant to be...its a satirical reference to what many of us (yourself included)
Cant believe I actually agree 100% with a Laz post.

Maybe its because I've had a couple drinks but I'm actually gonna speak my mind. Seriously in a 500 person venue who the fuck cares where you are? Why is there even a need to line up? Get there when the doors are supposed to open and go in. Why is that so difficult? Anywhere in that club is going to be a great spot.

Frankly I'm tired of the same people getting pulled up on stage every single tour, the same people getting their pictures with the band and their autographs. Over and over and over again. Shit let someone else have a chance. I've been a fan for 25+ years and never had any of that. Call me jealous but I guess its my own fault for not dedicating my entire life and being to U2. I'm perfectly happy seeing my shows and enjoying the band from a few rows back or even 10 or 15 rows back. Literally just happy to be in the same venue as the band.

I get that lists and organization have been a part of these shows for so many years now but the fans that think they're entitled to more than other fans or just constantly feel the need to be all up in U2's face every chance they get just really annoys me.
were discussing here recently regarding line lists and a somewhat unfair system that a few take advantage of. I did not say anything derogarory about anyone, just used a couple of names of folks who were part of the whole list thing going on and fit the title (a send up of the movie "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" if that was somehow missed). If its offensive, feel free to change it. It was not meant as a personal attack.

As for U2Brother, what I said in the setlist thread was "good for him".

I did not single out any people or mention names when I replied to that thread.

Calling U2Brothr a psychopath is over the line, which is really what I came here to address.

I was reading some random stuff about Achtung Baby and stumbled upon this article about the album artwork by someone who was working for Steve Averill.

U2 Achtung BabyAMP Visual: Creative Graphic Design Agency, Dublin. Graphic Design, Branding Experts

There's a series of what looks like mock-ups for the album cover, and one of them (using the working title "Zoo Station") seems to have an older tracklisting written on the cover.

It's hard to read all the titles (and some are worded differently than we know them) but it looks roughly like:

Zoo Station
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
One
She moves in Mysterious Ways
(Even Better Than) The Real Thing
The Fly
Who's Gonna Ride(?)
You're So Cruel
Trying to Throw...
?
Acrobat
?

Maybe someone with better photoshop skills can enhance the image/isolate the words better.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I found it interesting. Of course, I think AB's order is perfect and wouldn't change a thing (unlike almost all of their subsequent albums).

Good call, that fills the spot below Tryin'.

So basically that means either Love Is Blindness or UTEOTW were substituted late in the game. Interesting.

Weird that we haven't heard more about this in the past. Though I haven't read Flanagan's book since it came out so maybe it's mentioned in there.

I can't make out much more than you, but I think your order might be a bit off. I'm seeing:

Zoo Station
Ultraviolet
One
Mysterious Ways
Even Better Than the Real Thing
? Might be Horses like you say but I'm not sure
The Fly
So Cruel
Tryin' ? I guess
She's Gonna Blow Your House Down(I can only kind of make out 'gonna' and an s at the beginning, but david is probably right)

and then I can't make anything else out after that.

But UTEOTW and LIB would be the only album tracks unaccounted for if you say Acrobat is there.

Yeah I accidentally switched around "Horses" and "The Fly" when typing it out.

As you said, it's hard to read WGRYRH, especially as the writing is a mixture of upper and lower case, as well as printing and cursive. But I see the "g" in "gonna" and can make out the "your", as well as the cursive "s" at the end of "horses". The bottom of the opening parenthesis from "(Even Better Than)" is cutting down into the "W" in "Who's" which makes it look a little off. It's good enough for me.

Anyone good with photoshop? I feel like it might be possible to pull a bit more detail and clarity from the pic.

Back
Top Bottom