Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono should totally write a song about New York. That'd be original. Almost as original as Achtung Baby II.

I want hobo to write a song about Wallacia and its one roundabout. Or maybe the Jack Daniels sticker someone stuck on the main road street sign. See, some country and western singer could wrap this up no worries. Hobo, not so easily.

:tsk:
And how's everything with you lot? Head holding up, Ax?

:laugh:

Asking Bono to sing about a city outside of the US is asking too much of the poor, inward-looking, xenophobic Yank anyway. :wink:

He's never written about Philadelphia.

He's written about New York ... how many times? Angel of Harlem, New York, City of Blinding Lights ... what else?

He's never written about Philadelphia.

He's written about New York ... how many times? Angel of Harlem, New York, City of Blinding Lights ... what else?

I can tell you he's never sweated buckets into a skippy flag sewed into his jacket, either. In fact didn't he go running around the stage with a giant American flag at some stage?

Dalton's one fooled person has been brought back to reality. I was really hoping people would believe he was black.

I want hobo to write a song about Wallacia and its one roundabout. Or maybe the Jack Daniels sticker someone stuck on the main road street sign. See, some country and western singer could wrap this up no worries. Hobo, not so easily.

:tsk:
And how's everything with you lot? Head holding up, Ax?

I bet you if U2 played eight gigs a tour there, he'd be able to write a song about it.

I'm fine! Though I need to fix my sleeping schedule. God.

He would be arguably more serious, wouldn't he? The little whimsy he has is tied to his nerdiness.

Axver's whimsy is divided mostly into nerdiness and port. But mostly, port.

I can tell you he's never sweated buckets into a skippy flag sewed into his jacket, either. In fact didn't he go running around the stage with a giant American flag at some stage?

At the Super Bowl Halftime Show after 9/11, he pulled an American flag out of his jacket during Streets. He receives a lot of scorn for it here, but I actually liked it. It made sense at the time.

I bet you if U2 played eight gigs a tour there, he'd be able to write a song about it.

I'm fine! Though I need to fix my sleeping schedule. God.

If they played 8 gigs, I reckon at least half of the 1000 population would turn up. And I'd go at least once. Maybe twice to see if he mixes it up a bit.
:drool:

Just wait til you finish uni and start work, Ax. That will sort out your sleeping schedule no worries!
:scream:

If they played 8 gigs, I reckon at least half of the 1000 population would turn up. And I'd go at least once. Maybe twice to see if he mixes it up a bit.
:drool:

Just wait til you finish uni and start work, Ax. That will sort out your sleeping schedule no worries!
:scream:

Bet that your favourite song will be played at the six shows you don't attend.

And I plan to stay working in academia, so I'll hopefully be like the academics in the Arts department here who never schedule anything before midday. :wink:

Springsteen alternates between New York, Jersey, and Philadelphia. He mostly does the first two, though, not too much Philly.

Oh, then Bono's infringing on Springsteen's territory? This could end in tears/litigation. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom