Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #676
The Male

Local Time: 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Way to have bad timing.
It was time relatively well-spent, thankfully.

The fucking idiots next door are lighting off fireworks over their lawn. Thankfully, it has rained all day, so we won't all be incinerated.

Now.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #677
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
You know, when this whole thing started the boxes were only supposed to be like $20, but I've been seeing them at wal-mart for $50, that seems pretty crappy since it's the government that's pushing the cable companies hand on this one anywaysq
i bet the ones at wal-mart are other brands making them, and not the ones the government is going to give out. i'm sure samsung, panasonic, sony, whoever is trying to make some extra cash

Old 07-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #678
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
So my purchase of 1 ticket from ticketmaster (that came at a hefty price) has given me ONE free iTunes download (wow.). Any suggestions before I just download a Tom Petty snog with it?
split enz.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #679
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
yeah, that makes sense. the government is assisting (don't know how much) people with buying the boxes if they need them, but for people living in the outback, they might not even have means to call or anything.
Yeah, the Outback always has some issue with new technology. I think I read that with analogue vs digital TV, analogue is easier, cheaper, and more effective for broadcasting over long distances, while a total switch to digital would leave some people living in gigantic shadows without TV reception. Don't quote me on that, though, as I may just be talking out my arse due to knowing fuck-all about how the technology really works.

And yeah, I think the government here does subsidise the set-top boxes, but ... I don't feel the need to get one. Why spend money or something I don't need? I might as well go out and buy some petrol too, for the car I can't drive.

Quote:
i haven't seen him post in forever. about right when i joined, actually. it's a conspiracy!

i always have some worthless crap to post about the finns just picture me here, except i talk about the finns. well, moreso.
Bah! Why has he disappeared off the face of the planet!

And there doesn't have the postwhorehouse.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #680
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
i bet the ones at wal-mart are other brands making them, and not the ones the government is going to give out. i'm sure samsung, panasonic, sony, whoever is trying to make some extra cash
And Wal-Mart's really playing this thing up too, having a clock above them counting down to the moment that analog cable is getting shut off. I wonder how many people that have digital cable, and just don't know any better they've suckered into buying those.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #681
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
split enz.
the only songs by them I know are things I heard from desert Island, and I don't even remember how anything went
Old 07-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #682
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:40 AM
Quote:
And Wal-Mart's really playing this thing up too, having a clock above them counting down to the moment that analog cable is getting shut off. I wonder how many people that have digital cable, and just don't know any better they've suckered into buying those.
Given how many people voted for Bush TWICE, probably plenty of suckers.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #683
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:40 PM
That reminds me...I have a free download from when I bought my Bob Dylan ticket a few weeks ago.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #684
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
THIS IS A BIG FUCK YOU.

OK, so I'm really just cranking The Verve's Come On and I thought I should share Richard Ashcroft's lyrics with you.
Best lyric ever.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #685
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
Best lyric ever.
Kaffy in a superthread, that's something I thought I would never see.

Now.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #686
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Given how many people voted for Bush TWICE, probably plenty of suckers.
ZING!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #687
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, the Outback always has some issue with new technology. I think I read that with analogue vs digital TV, analogue is easier, cheaper, and more effective for broadcasting over long distances, while a total switch to digital would leave some people living in gigantic shadows without TV reception. Don't quote me on that, though, as I may just be talking out my arse due to knowing fuck-all about how the technology really works.

And yeah, I think the government here does subsidise the set-top boxes, but ... I don't feel the need to get one. Why spend money or something I don't need? I might as well go out and buy some petrol too, for the car I can't drive.

Bah! Why has he disappeared off the face of the planet!

And there doesn't have the postwhorehouse.
yeah, i've seen videos from the mid 70s (!!!) from australia that are in black and white. it said that the region was still broadcasting in black and white. it just came as such a shock to me. so it isn't surprising that some parts of australia would have problems with the digital conversion.

and for boxes, at least here, you can get them for free if you can prove you can't afford it. but of course, there's that whole mess of showing you can't pay for it. who knows what kind of ridiculous standards they'd set?

and i know! i tried to add him as a facebook friend a while back, and while i never got a denial notice, i never got an approval one either

Quote:
geez, that is sad. that's another reason i don't go to wal-mart. i feel bad for anyone hooking those ugly boxes (yeah i'm assuming they're ugly) to their receiver and tv, possibly confusing hdtv with dtv. "ah don't got no aych day tay vee, we're gownnuh lose awr tay-vee if we don't bah this bawx!"

Quote:
the only songs by them I know are things I heard from desert Island, and I don't even remember how anything went
Old 07-04-2008, 11:43 PM   #688
The Male

Quote:
Unbelievable. I imagine only a handful of people would need to buy anything at all; how many are still on analogue cable, honestly?

Now.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #689
Blue Crack Supplier

Televisions and the TV business are evil, and if you know anyone that works in that industry, they are likely scum. Wait.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #690
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Kaffy in a superthread, that's something I thought I would never see.
I wandered in here once, but I was skerred Please don't beat me for being an outsider :Pray:

Tags
superthread