Shades of Death Road, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
four days?! :mad: ooh, i'd be livid.

and yeah. i mean, what if you worked in tech support for the same company, but you were off that day? not everyone's a moron. just most :wink:

Oh I was PISSED. I think I had to have about cussed at 10 different people over it until I gave up, called the repair computer thing and left a network problem report for them. Someone came out the next day to fix it.

Now the problem with doing this when I first called was...what exactly? Four days? Good fucking grief.

So my little brother wanted me to sing him a song before he fell asleep...then another, and another. After a while I ran out of little kid songs, so I ended up singing him pretty much the entire Joshua Tree (well what I could remember of the lyrics). He fell asleep around WOWY, but everytime I'd move to get up, he'd wake up again, so another song. :laugh:

You should've tried UF. Imagine attempting 4th Of July and EPAA. :laugh:

Ugh, fuck that. When I moved to Melbourne, I suddenly lost the dialtone just after my DSL was connected. Entire phone line down. Called Telstra on my mobile. This woman who barely seemed to have a clue and took ages to realise I was even an existing customer made me do the silliest things before she was able to get it through her head that the line was totally DEAD and she should send a technician - in six fucking days.

By some bizarre stroke of luck, after going out for two hours, I came home to find the phone line was working again. I'm guessing the woman I spoke to was too dim to check if there was maintenance or a scheduled outage or anything.
Ugh. I don't even know what made ours go out. The phone line wasn't completely down, it was extremely staticy with no dial tone. But every now and then for all of 10 minutes, we would get a dial tone. Happened about 3 times. I reported in the problem that following Monday (turns out it happened the night right before 4th of July. Figures, doesn't it?) so I was none too happy about the wait at all.

So my little brother wanted me to sing him a song before he fell asleep...then another, and another. After a while I ran out of little kid songs, so I ended up singing him pretty much the entire Joshua Tree (well what I could remember of the lyrics). He fell asleep around WOWY, but everytime I'd move to get up, he'd wake up again, so another song. :laugh:

Nice. I've got pretty much all of Achtung Baby memorized, front to back.

Now if I can only learn every song on guitar by heart, I can be a walking jukebox like U2 was circa 1989 :love:.

:| that'd be the first thing i'd check :|

Dear Khan,

We regret to inform you that your application to work at Telstra customer service has been rejected. You have too much common sense to work in our chaotic, overwhelmed, poorly managed environment.

Regards,
Telstra HR

PS Your phone line has died. A technician will be there to fix it in six days. Please be home between 10am and 4:30pm.

Ashley's avatar always looks like a couple of Ku Klux Klan members out of the corner of my eye. :yikes:

For the longest time the ONLY song I knew all the lyrics to without music was Walk On.

Now I don't even know that one.
i don't know if i've ever known the lyrics to walk on :hmm:

i know oooooooooohoooooooh walk on
walk oooooon
waaaaalk on

isn't that the whole chorus? just walk on walk on....they sure like repeating things :hmm:

Dear Khan,

We regret to inform you that your application to work at Telstra customer service has been rejected. You have too much common sense to work in our chaotic, overwhelmed, poorly managed environment.

Regards,
Telstra HR

PS Your phone line has died. A technician will be there to fix it in six days. Please be home between 10am and 4:30pm.

PPS You don't live in Mumbai, sorry.

Fixed.

Dear Khan,

Regards,
Telstra HR

:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom