Sexy Peak, Idaho Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just read an article in between the 45s that said that technology has made us "oddly numb," not quite bored but not actually engaged or entertained either.

probably true.

wow i'm in the lead! even after sleeping for way too long and having a life (or, having a few hours of a semi-interesting card game, such as it was)

and as khan and pfan seem to have disappeared, i will just have to keep talking to myself. if i double my postcount i'll have the thread lead locked up.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i was just reading the pages posted earlier, and it bummed me out a little to read the bashing of the u.s. and southern states. oh well.

what page of the thread? i don't read back anymore, i'm sure i miss interesting stuff all the time.

wow, go pfan go

and an advantage of american COLLEGES: if you are smart, you can go to a selective one, and then you won't have to resort to the internet to find people of your "intellectual ability" to debate with.

axver, cause you'll probably read this and i won't remember otherwise, what did you do on your year off from uni? don't answer til i'm around.

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, I plan on trying to make some plans with her, but, you know, it's easier said than done. We've never hung out too much outside of school, so it'll be interesting to see if that starts happening more frequently. If it does, I think it's a good sign.

i dunno how much your school is around other bits of civilization, but if there's a coffee or ice cream place nearby or even pizza could you ask her if she wants to go grab a bite? or if you have an exam coming up or something, grab a bite and study, to make it more casual and less date-like?

i love the boston sunday globe ideas section. i've just gotten around to reading last week's articles. so good. so much random intellecutal stimulation.

Varitek said:
i dunno how much your school is around other bits of civilization, but if there's a coffee or ice cream place nearby or even pizza could you ask her if she wants to go grab a bite? or if you have an exam coming up or something, grab a bite and study, to make it more casual and less date-like?

I know I'm a little farther west than you are, but I'm not in the middle of nowhere. :wink:

Unfortunately, it can't be a study thing because we have no classes together, but the food thing is a good idea, I think.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i was just reading the pages posted earlier, and it bummed me out a little to read the bashing of the u.s. and southern states. oh well.

The southern states are something I have thought a while about. I know there are good minded people among them, but the majority is not something I'm a fan of. I think I even said, "the liberals can come up north, and the conservatives can go down south, and each will be where they want to be" or something like that. I've stayed in North Carolina three times with relatives who have moved down there, and the attitudes of the people are just something that turns me off.

man i have wasted today by sleeping. i suck.

at least if i don't get a text from the republican and don't end up going out tonight i can maybe get some work done. that, or just watch movies. i'm such a bad student.

phillyfan26 said:

The southern states are something I have thought a while about. I know there are good minded people among them, but the majority is not something I'm a fan of. I think I even said, "the liberals can come up north, and the conservatives can go down south, and each will be where they want to be" or something like that. I've stayed in North Carolina three times with relatives who have moved down there, and the attitudes of the people are just something that turns me off.

america is a pretty diverse place in terms of attitudes, and while you can generalize the coastal states or north-south or whatever, there are still pockets in both places, and secession wouldn't work - it'd be like kosovo with the ethnic mix ups, except attitude and not ethnicity, no legit claim to autonomy, and a ridiculously powerful army. also the south can't seceed, because just like last time, they rely on the north economically. to fund their fucking faith based initiatives, among other things.

phillyfan26 said:

I know I'm a little farther west than you are, but I'm not in the middle of nowhere. :wink:

Unfortunately, it can't be a study thing because we have no classes together, but the food thing is a good idea, I think.

sorry i just think of the burbs as the middle of nowhere, always.

except, it's not really as much of an internal monologue as it would be if i had only 15 seconds to wait, and not 45.

(goes to read 2 more paragraphs of the article on nudging choices)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom