"Sex and the City" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-29-2002, 01:11 PM   #16
love, blood, life
Local Time: 06:31 PM
Im w/Carrie here., sorta
Naya u out-class all those ladies..
I like Charolette and Sarah Jessica Parker the best.
Im not opposed to them coming over to chicken ice at anytime
thank u

Old 07-29-2002, 01:33 PM   #17
The Flower
Local Time: 05:31 PM
I LOVE this show...well, it's my second favorite after Six Feet Under. My husband is even more into than I am but I'm pretty sure he's just watching to see someone naked

For those of you who haven't seen the new episodes, I won't give anything away but its been pretty good so far. The Samantha/Richard thing has been really funny but its strange seeing Miranda with baby Brady

As for the quiz, here are my results:

60% Carrie
30% Samantha
10% Charlotte
0% Miranda

Old 07-29-2002, 04:22 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:31 AM
Sex & The City is a pretty good show. I've just started watching recently- I think I'm going to rent the DVDs of the past seasons.

You scored 40% Carrie
You scored 30% Miranda
You scored 20% Charlotte
You scored 10% Samantha
Old 07-29-2002, 05:09 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 08:31 PM
I this show

I scored

50% Carrie
40% Miranda
10% Charlotte
0% Samantha
"....But all I ever hear from you is "
Old 07-30-2002, 08:49 PM   #20
Local Time: 12:31 PM
I used to watch this show, but now I just cant bring myself to do it I find it so problematic and I find that when I am watching it I am just constantly questioning the images and roles that are brought forward, must be all of that media and gender role explorations that I did at uni!!!. I do however like the idea that the women are all successful, however as previously mentioned when do you ever see them work?, there lives are highly romanticised, take it from me I have worked as a journalist before adn I am sure that news rooms would not differ that much the world over and Carrie surely does have a very easy going job- one which never requires her to head into the cesspit that is a newspaper editorial room, anyway I know that the show is not reality but I guess the other thing that started to piss me off about the show is the way that they started to portray some of the female characters, I guess I just found myself not identifying with them at all- I am not a slave to fashion, whilst I like it I would not go out and spend one months wage on a pair of shoes and I dont live in a huge city where my greatest fun is taken in drinking cocktails in yuppie bars, but anyway I like the way that the show has been brave and tackled some rather interesting subject matters in it's storylines I just hope that the men who watch shows like this, hoping to get a little inside information on how a women's psyche works dont think that we are all like either shoe obsessed Carrie, naieve Charlotte, nymphomaniac Samantha or anal Miranda