Serena, Louisiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, right. So the Cats are looking on for a second premiership then?

Haha. Yeah, it's been nice to have some colder weather. And my place has held the cold well, to the point I had to use the heater this morning too even though it really wasn't that cold in terms of raw temperature reading.

ANYWHERE beats Sydney. Well, maybe not Ipswich.

We could get an upset, but I'm afraid so, otherwise.

Fuck me, you've gone crazy! Next thing, you tell me you've got tickets to see James Blunt.

Mayber Darfur. Although, on the other hand...

WAY TO BLOW EASY OPPORTUNITIES, NEW ZEALAND!

FFS. At least we're back in things, even if we don't have two tries to show for it like we should. And we're a man down too!

God, I feel like I'm in the midst of a party gone wrong and a dreadlocked woman has given me a smack laced joint and is about to pull me up onto the house owner's bed.

We could get an upset, but I'm afraid so, otherwise.

Fuck me, you've gone crazy! Next thing, you tell me you've got tickets to see James Blunt.

Mayber Darfur. Although, on the other hand...

Just as long as whoever makes the grand final doesn't roll over like Port did ...

Haha, no, I haven't gone that insane ... yet. But did you see my embarrassing music confessions earlier? Crazy things have happened before!

At least Darfur doesn't have everybody's favourite racist beachgoers.

Just as long as whoever makes the grand final doesn't roll over like Port did ...

Haha, no, I haven't gone that insane ... yet. But did you see my embarrassing music confessions earlier? Crazy things have happened before!

At least Darfur doesn't have everybody's favourite racist beachgoers.

I don't think they will - remember, this is Port we're talking about, here! Not even the second best side that year.

Oh, please link. Now. I need a good laugh before I go to bed.

Or a complete aura of plastic. Or a confused identity that they manipulate foreigners into believing. Or Rugby.

Or does Darfur have those things? Forgive me, I sometimes get the two confused.

HOLY FUCKING GOD, THAT TRY BY NEW ZEALAND WAS NOTHING SHORT OF SENSATIONAL.

THAT IS WHY I WATCH THIS FUCKING SPORT. FUCKING HELL.

Almost the length of the field. 80m turn-around in play. Great passing, great support, great running, and a couple of pieces of stunning luck. That try is exactly why we have been #1 in the world for the vast majority of this decade.

Shame Dan Carter missed the conversion, but it was from close to the sideline.

Deep in that AFL ball-shaped heart of yours, you wish you followed a truly international sport. :wink:

Oh, just wait. There's a chance West Sydney will be essentially an Irish team. Even though the AFL should concentrate on its backyard, I bet we'll be getting international teams someday (at least Ireland and certain Pacific islands), and perhaps not too far in the future. Whether I approve of that or not is another thing entirely.

But yes, in the present time, I wouldn't mind following a country. Good thing the Olympics are happening soon. I'll be supporting any Manx athletes. :wink:

Really though, I like Union, I'm just not keen on the Wallabies and I think it'd be a bit odd of I went for the All Blacks, for example.

I don't think they will - remember, this is Port we're talking about, here! Not even the second best side that year.

Oh, please link. Now. I need a good laugh before I go to bed.

Or a complete aura of plastic. Or a confused identity that they manipulate foreigners into believing. Or Rugby.

Or does Darfur have those things? Forgive me, I sometimes get the two confused.

Oh yeah, because you're so not biased against Port. :wink:

It was somewhere in the middle of the last thread. It's hard enough to keep up with this thread and pay close to full attention to the game, let alone try to find it. They're in size seven font though! It's why I'm a premium member now. I said I'd admit three embarrassing facts in size seven for a premium membership and Reggo took me up on it.

:lmao: Make that "rugby LEAGUE" though. :madspit:

HOLY FUCKING GOD, THAT TRY BY NEW ZEALAND WAS NOTHING SHORT OF SENSATIONAL.

THAT IS WHY I WATCH THIS FUCKING SPORT. FUCKING HELL.

Almost the length of the field. 80m turn-around in play. Great passing, great support, great running, and a couple of pieces of stunning luck. That try is exactly why we have been #1 in the world for the vast majority of this decade.

Shame Dan Carter missed the conversion, but it was from close to the sideline.

What's the score?

GOOD GOD CHANNEL SEVEN COULD YOU POSSIBLY EMPLOY SOME COMMENTATORS WHO ARE A BIT LESS LIKE DRUNKEN OLD MEN AT A BARBECUE WITH NO SENSE OF PERSPECTIVE OR BALANCE?!

Oh yeah, and Australia just scored. 17-5.

Oh, just wait. There's a chance West Sydney will be essentially an Irish team. Even though the AFL should concentrate on its backyard, I bet we'll be getting international teams someday (at least Ireland and certain Pacific islands), and perhaps not too far in the future. Whether I approve of that or not is another thing entirely.

But yes, in the present time, I wouldn't mind following a country. Good thing the Olympics are happening soon. I'll be supporting any Manx athletes. :wink:

Really though, I like Union, I'm just not keen on the Wallabies and I think it'd be a bit odd of I went for the All Blacks, for example.

:laugh: Well, yeah, I suppose it is something of a sport with vague semblances of internationalism, given that it's the most popular sport in Nauru and all. But leeching Gaelic footballers who don't quite make the grade at home barely counts. :wink:

You know you want to go for the men in black anyway. :up:

And haha, how many medals is the Isle of Man even likely to win anyway?

Oh yeah, because you're so not biased against Port. :wink:

It was somewhere in the middle of the last thread. It's hard enough to keep up with this thread and pay close to full attention to the game, let alone try to find it. They're in size seven font though! It's why I'm a premium member now. I said I'd admit three embarrassing facts in size seven for a premium membership and Reggo took me up on it.

:lmao: Make that "rugby LEAGUE" though. :madspit:

Not as much as I am against the Crows! Bloody bastards, I'll take a team with history any day over those sods.

Amazingly, I found it pretty quickly. And, wow... :lmao:

No fear, Linkin Park and System of a Down were my favourite bands when I was 13. It took me a long time to admit that every song on Hybrid Theory was identical. At least I noticed things were starting to suck when they released Meteora. :uhoh:

Now that I've said that, can I have a PM, too? :flirt: How did you get one of those damn things so easy? You all want an Inthistowntastic sig, don't you?!

Knew you'd say that.

Well, New Zealand's turned the initiative in this game well and truly now. Australia's on the fucking ropes and damn lucky they didn't just concede a try.

:laugh: Well, yeah, I suppose it is something of a sport with vague semblances of internationalism, given that it's the most popular sport in Nauru and all. But leeching Gaelic footballers who don't quite make the grade at home barely counts. :wink:

You know you want to go for the men in black anyway. :up:

And haha, how many medals is the Isle of Man even likely to win anyway?

It's got the seeds of it, anyway. And I'll have you know that our Irish players are in fact rad at Gaelic football as well as AFL, but just all round think that AFL is more awesome. This is a fact that I read somewhere.

Well, since the All Blacks are the only Union side I was ever exposed to regularly as a kid because of Footrot Flats, it'd make sense. Plus I like success. :wink:

I doubt that IOM would be a separate team, really if a team at all they'd just be part of the UK, even though there's some uncertainty with that, exactly. It's mainly known for it's motorbike riding, anyway.

Wait. Motorbikes? That may mean Larry lives there. That almost cancels out the awesomeness that Clarkson lives there. I may have to rethink my homecoming!

WOOHOO! With a minute left in the half, Andrew Hore (playing at hooker! Hore the hooker!) scores a great try and shows up the Aussie defence.

Not as much as I am against the Crows! Bloody bastards, I'll take a team with history any day over those sods.

Amazingly, I found it pretty quickly. And, wow... :lmao:

No fear, Linkin Park and System of a Down were my favourite bands when I was 13. It took me a long time to admit that every song on Hybrid Theory was identical. At least I noticed things were starting to suck when they released Meteora. :uhoh:

Now that I've said that, can I have a PM, too? :flirt: How did you get one of those damn things so easy? You all want an Inthistowntastic sig, don't you?!

Knew you'd say that.

Ahh, right, so you'd barrack for Port against the Crows? I just remembered that you like neither one of the SA teams, that's it.

Ah, now I was never into System Of A Down. Though they did give the world Chop Suey. I don't mean that in the sense of "it's a good song". I mean that in the sense of "Avril Lavigne's live cover of Chop Suey is so hysterically funny, and quite possibly the worst cover in the history of the world".

And you should take that up with Reggo or someone, since I certainly want an Inthistowntastic sig. :wink:

It's got the seeds of it, anyway. And I'll have you know that our Irish players are in fact rad at Gaelic football as well as AFL, but just all round think that AFL is more awesome. This is a fact that I read somewhere.

Well, since the All Blacks are the only Union side I was ever exposed to regularly as a kid because of Footrot Flats, it'd make sense. Plus I like success. :wink:

I doubt that IOM would be a separate team, really if a team at all they'd just be part of the UK, even though there's some uncertainty with that, exactly. It's mainly known for it's motorbike riding, anyway.

Wait. Motorbikes? That may mean Larry lives there. That almost cancels out the awesomeness that Clarkson lives there. I may have to rethink my homecoming!

Fact you read somewhere? Like on the preview screen before you made your post? :wink:

Who doesn't want to go for the most successful team ever in any major sport! :up: Not that I would encourage fairweather fans ... but the All Blacks are the closest thing most atheist Kiwis are likely to have to gods ...

I thought the Isle of Man got its own team? Or is that just at the Commonwealth Games? And woah, Clarkson lives there? I had no idea.

Ahh, right, so you'd barrack for Port against the Crows? I just remembered that you like neither one of the SA teams, that's it.

Ah, now I was never into System Of A Down. Though they did give the world Chop Suey. I don't mean that in the sense of "it's a good song". I mean that in the sense of "Avril Lavigne's live cover of Chop Suey is so hysterically funny, and quite possibly the worst cover in the history of the world".

And you should take that up with Reggo or someone, since I certainly want an Inthistowntastic sig. :wink:

I like neither of them, and sometimes I may like one more than the others, but generally Port supporters aren't as lame as the Crows, plus Port has a good SANFL history while the Crows are just a soulless modern creation (please don't mention that West Coast was only established in 1986, at least that was the year of being Inthistowntastic, rather than whatever crappy later year the Crows were founded).

You know, this is weird but I don't think I ever listened to it. Yes, I've known of its existence for ages, but maybe I was just too scared to bother? Not sure. I was pretty hep to the jive around 2002 when it came to rubbish new music, so I don't think I was entirely anti-Avril. Just lukewarm. I had more important things to worry about, like TEENAGE ANGST.

Exactly how is the deal done? Is it free?

Fact you read somewhere? Like on the preview screen before you made your post? :wink:

Who doesn't want to go for the most successful team ever in any major sport! :up: Not that I would encourage fairweather fans ... but the All Blacks are the closest thing most atheist Kiwis are likely to have to gods ...

I thought the Isle of Man got its own team? Or is that just at the Commonwealth Games? And woah, Clarkson lives there? I had no idea.

No, it was... it was in something else. Definitely not the preview screen. I don't know where you get such ideas!

Haha, I've noticed. And well, you said that the Kiwi dollar went down after the Blacks lost, this one time. That's pretty much evidence. All you've got is the All Blacks and Russell Crowe. And Lord of the Rings landscapes. :wink:

I haven't paid attention to the Commonwealth Games ever (history doesn't date since 776 BC, etc.) but you may be right. And yes, if I'm not mistaken Clarkson either lives in Isle of Man or has a Manx wife, or both. It's probably the most polluted country in the world.

TRY TIME TO THE MOTHERFUCKING ALL BLACKS!

I LOVE YOU, DANIEL CARTER. WHAT A BREAK.

And Danny converts the try he set up and it's 19-17 to the gods in black. :drool:

I like neither of them, and sometimes I may like one more than the others, but generally Port supporters aren't as lame as the Crows, plus Port has a good SANFL history while the Crows are just a soulless modern creation (please don't mention that West Coast was only established in 1986, at least that was the year of being Inthistowntastic, rather than whatever crappy later year the Crows were founded).

You know, this is weird but I don't think I ever listened to it. Yes, I've known of its existence for ages, but maybe I was just too scared to bother? Not sure. I was pretty hep to the jive around 2002 when it came to rubbish new music, so I don't think I was entirely anti-Avril. Just lukewarm. I had more important things to worry about, like TEENAGE ANGST.

Exactly how is the deal done? Is it free?

I love how Collingwood likes to cause shit about Port's history as Magpies. It's so childish. And how come you go for West Coast anyway, if they're such a modern, soulless inthistowntastic creation?

You've GOT to listen to it. It's just so ... hideously awful in a hilarious way. I cannot think of a worse cover.

No, it was... it was in something else. Definitely not the preview screen. I don't know where you get such ideas!

Haha, I've noticed. And well, you said that the Kiwi dollar went down after the Blacks lost, this one time. That's pretty much evidence. All you've got is the All Blacks and Russell Crowe. And Lord of the Rings landscapes. :wink:

I haven't paid attention to the Commonwealth Games ever (history doesn't date since 776 BC, etc.) but you may be right. And yes, if I'm not mistaken Clarkson either lives in Isle of Man or has a Manx wife, or both. It's probably the most polluted country in the world.

Suuure, I believe you. :wink:

Hey now, you guys have claimed Russell Crowe as your own and we're quite happy to let you have him! We've got Tim and Neil Finn. :up:

Ahh, yeah, I know I've seen the Isle of Man at either the Commonwealth Games or the Olympics. And if Clarkson lives there, it'd be safe to say that half of its trees must be dead or dying ...

Shit, and the Wallabies manage to go against the flow of play and try to regain some of the initiative and it works. Try to regain the lead, converted, now 24-19.

I love how Collingwood likes to cause shit about Port's history as Magpies. It's so childish. And how come you go for West Coast anyway, if they're such a modern, soulless inthistowntastic creation?

You've GOT to listen to it. It's just so ... hideously awful in a hilarious way. I cannot think of a worse cover.

Typical Pies. Can't say I'm too fond of them, either.

You answered your own question - I go for them because they're Inthistowntastic. Or because my sister went for them, one or the other.

Yeah, I'll have to check it out. But right now, I have a foot halfway to Hell and think I should settle down with a cup of tea, some orange juice and a painkiller overdose. Enjoy the rugby, have a good night! :wave:

OK, good points about SBS - but how about Bullet?
Some of the same points apply to Bullet... it was about gun control in the Elevation tour, and it was about Abu Ghraib/etc in Vertigo...

Plus it has a WAY better solo than Vertigo/Native Son. :wink:

And honestly, Native Son is so vague that I really don't think anybody would know it's about Native Americans if Bono hadn't said anything.
It's been a while since I listened to it, but you're probably right.

Yes, it's based on the case of ... some guy whose name I've forgotten.
:lol: Nice one.

Suuure, I believe you. :wink:

Hey now, you guys have claimed Russell Crowe as your own and we're quite happy to let you have him! We've got Tim and Neil Finn. :up:

Ahh, yeah, I know I've seen the Isle of Man at either the Commonwealth Games or the Olympics. And if Clarkson lives there, it'd be safe to say that half of its trees must be dead or dying ...

I must end this the only way I know how.

fightinaroundtheworld.jpg

Tugger's whistle's blowin'
Means we must be goin'
No more Russell Crowein' for you.

But now don't you start to whine
I'll see ya again next time
Cause there's plenty a-more a-fightin' left to do.
Makin' movies, makin' songs
An' fightin' round the world!

Oh, I am FUMING that was not called as a penalty try. Kiwis should be back in the lead. Ugh, fucking refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom