Scrubs didn't win:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
I'm sad Scrubs lost...to Everybody Loves Raymond. Great show, I know, and it probably deserved it as it was it's last season, like how LOTR:TROTK won best picture for really all three. But come on, the real winner is either Arrested Development or Scrubs. And Desperate Housewives should not be in that category. An hour-long show constitutes a drama, NOT a comedy.

Agreed. Arrested Development or Scrubs.

Both I found frustrating to watch at the start of their respective runs... but I have suprisingly warmed to them both.

A pity there isnt any outstanding British comodies this year to steal the mantel though. :(

The Office :drool:
Coupling :drool:

edit: Everybody Loves Raymond is the most bafflingingly overrated and overwatched show on television. In Australia Will & Grace gives it a run for its money though.

timothius said:
Agreed. Arrested Development or Scrubs.

Both I found frustrating to watch at the start of their respective runs... but I have suprisingly warmed to them both.

A pity there isnt any outstanding British comodies this year to steal the mantel though. :(

The Office :drool:
Coupling :drool:

The Office:drool: Amen to that!

It speaks volumes of the show that it was so brilliant that even the American industry had to acknowledge it. :yes:

Was Reno911 nominated. That is some good US comedy. Although that may no longer be in production or may not exactly have the gloss that the Emmys go for. :shrug:

U2Fan101 said:
I'm sad Scrubs lost...to Everybody Loves Raymond. Great show, I know, and it probably deserved it as it was it's last season, like how LOTR:TROTK won best picture for really all three. But come on, the real winner is either Arrested Development or Scrubs. And Desperate Housewives should not be in that category. An hour-long show constitutes a drama, NOT a comedy.

I will be sad along with you. I love Scrubs...Zach is a hottie. And it's a great funny show. I think Everybody Loves Raymond has won enough and been around long enough.......isn't this their last year?

timothius said:
It speaks volumes of the show that it was so brilliant that even the American industry had to acknowledge it. :yes:

Was Reno911 nominated. That is some good US comedy. Although that may no longer be in production or may not exactly have the gloss that the Emmys go for. :shrug:

No. I don't think anything from Comedy Central gets nominated for anything, which is a shame. And I'm surprised Curb Your Enthusiasm wasn't nominated!

Everybody Loves Raymond won? Feh on that. Thank god that show is done, so it can't win anymore.

Arrested Development, however ...:heart: :heart: :heart: is it Monday night yet? I can't wait for the premiere!

Comedy Central actually won for best writing for (insert category here) - The Daily Show.

Jon Stewart ... :heart:

queen bee tells me i'm supposed to hate james spader, and all of boston legal now.

I'm sick of Everybody Loves Raymond

(note: my favorite current sit com is Two And A Half Men :tongue: )

everyboyd loves raymond was quite deserving... if not raymond, then arrested development...

desperate hosewives is a comedy, despite being an hour long, so yes... it should have been in that category, and yes... it should have lost.

comedy central won for the daily show, as already mentioned, and for best animated series for south park.

I still think Family Guy should've won for Best Animated Show, or be nominated for Best Comedy, it has a large enough following and has made me spit up what I've been drinking on the TV set b4

Peter and Quagmire :rockon:

shows that should be nominated next year (because they're so funny I KNOW they will be funny enough to make it next year):

- Arrested development (like their writer said: It's funny to win for a show you people don't care to watch!!")
- Scrubs
- Family Guy (I love Dewey :lol: )
- Curb your enthusiasm
- American Dad (it's hillarious :laugh: ) / Two And a half men (the maid it's the funniest thing in a long time, and Charlie sheen is superb :yes: )

BTW: who won the emmy Idol?

Back
Top Bottom