Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks.

Just got back from U2 2D. Now can I have an eye transplant so I can see U2 3D?

I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, except to say: fuck my vision. Fuck it to hell.

As a 2D film, it was really good. The sound was excellent and the editing was far superior to any recent U2 concert release. If it had been just a 2D film in the first place, I would have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I went into it worried that perhaps my vision would cause issues, but I at least expected a different concert movie experience; I didn't expect my vision to fuck me over so completely that the glasses did very little and while everybody else was oohing and aahing at what must've been really really neat 3D, I was sitting there watching just another 2D concert movie.

So, yeah. Very mixed emotions. I wonder which of my eye conditions caused this so that I can track down the genes responsible and kick them in the arse.

Sorry, I wish I could sound more positive. Having the reality of my shitty vision rammed home so strongly isn't the nicest though. It's a great film, really.

And I really loved hanging out with Ali, Jen, cin, John who hasn't posted here in ages but has a shitload of U2's printed concert setlists, and all the other folk I hung out with. That's what made the night for me and I didn't really want to say goodbye as I really enjoyed the company.

Last edited:
This area's been pretty quiet during the 8 hours I slept. My head feels like I slept with it in a vice. Teach me to do band practice then go to a show and now wear earplugs. Never again.:huh:

So, U23D wasn't that great? I decided not to see it because lately movies with "gimmick" filming have been causing me to feel sick.

I suppose a good deal of the quietness can be attributed to the fact that none of us Aussie postwhores were sad enough to bring a laptop to the Imax and see if we could find some wireless and hop on the blue crack before the movie. :wink:

the tourist said:
So, U23D wasn't that great? I decided not to see it because lately movies with "gimmick" filming have been causing me to feel sick.

No, I get the impression that if your vision's normal, it's really excellent. You should've gone.

I enjoyed what I got. I just didn't get what I was meant to get. Probably about only 0.001% of people seeing the movie are going to get similarly fucked over by their eyes!

Axver said:
I suppose a good deal of the quietness can be attributed to the fact that none of us Aussie postwhores were sad enough to bring a laptop to the Imax and see if we could find some wireless and hop on the blue crack before the movie. :wink:

:lol:

That and I was dead tired. And Vazza still doesn't have her computer.

Well, I was just popping in to catch up on my reading. It's time for me to get ready for school now!

the tourist said:
Well, I was just popping in to catch up on my reading. It's time for me to get ready for school now!

Have a good one! :wave:

phanan said:

I'm not really into 3D, either, but U23D was quite good. Some of the camera shots were fantastic.

If it comes out on DVD, I'll watch it then. :up:

phanan said:
I have to say, I'm really enjoying LJT's playlist so far. Some good electronic stuff on there.

I have to agree with you on that. However, as a whole, I wasn't overly impressed. Which seals a fate of doom for my own playlist. Since most of my stuff, like his, is somewhat obscurity.

I think I'm going to take a couple days off from listening to the playlists though. I've gotten too much ... er ... borrowed music from a friend.

the tourist said:

I have to agree with you on that. However, as a whole, I wasn't overly impressed. Which seals a fate of doom for my own playlist. Since most of my stuff, like his, is somewhat obscurity.

If I like the music, I'll judge it accordingly, whether it is obscure or not.

Looking forward to listening to yours down the road.

phanan said:

If I like the music, I'll judge it accordingly, whether it is obscure or not.

Looking forward to listening to yours down the road.

Well, hey, I hope you enjoy it. :up: And in the end, if people don't, it doesn't really matter. It's just a desert island game. And the world will not end. And I will still immensely enjoy it. I'll just know that next time I should load up my playlist with famous bands' greatest hits. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom