Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
After that, you can go back to the Stupid Dream/Lightbulb Sun era and listen to Recordings (which has songs that didn't make those albums). It's worth listening to just for the full version of Even Less and Buying New Soul.

Disappear is also an incredible song.

For most bands, Recordings would be considered their masterpiece ...

phanan said:

You've certainly been jumping around. :wink:

Listen to Fear next, and then you'll be caught up with everything from Stupid Dream on (except for the Recordings compilation).

After that, you can go back to the Stupid Dream/Lightbulb Sun era and listen to Recordings (which has songs that didn't make those albums). It's worth listening to just for the full version of Even Less and Buying New Soul.

Then there's quite a bit from the earlier era to still check out. I'd probably go with Up The Downstair at some point. It has one of my favorite songs from those years on it - Fadeaway.

I've got everything from that site downloaded. I was gonna go FOABP, then Recordings, then Signify, then Stars Die, then Up the Downstair (and no order yet for after that).

the tourist said:
I'll make sure to do that. I noticed that the Piano Lessons single wasn't on that site Phanan linked us to.... Any way anyone has it and could... er... give a gift of music? :wink:

:hmm: I downloaded from somewhere, but I have no idea where.

You won't need it anyway, because the other two songs are located elsewhere on that link.

Ambulance Chasing is on Recordings, and Wake As A Gun is on Insignificance (also part of the Signify deluxe version).

Axver said:

Just read Wikipedia's entry on Loveless about how obsessive Kevin Shields was in the whole recording process. It's almost hilarious in how over-the-top it is.

Maybe he should have... uhm... mixed it well then?

phanan said:

:lol:

Great minds think alike. :hi5:

:up:

I'm listening to it now. :drool:

I fell through a hole in the floor
The audience cried out for more
Fadeaway
It's just another day ...

phanan said:

:hmm: I downloaded from somewhere, but I have no idea where.

You won't need it anyway, because the other two songs are located elsewhere on that link.

Ambulance Chasing is on Recordings, and Wake As A Gun is on Insignificance (also part of the Signify deluxe version).

All I really want is the Piano Lessons single version--and I just realized that I don't have it anymore because I did a great DI purge of all the stuff I already "had" and thought it would've been on the site. I guess I'll go download one of your links again for it. :wink:

the tourist said:

I've got everything from that site downloaded. I was gonna go FOABP, then Recordings, then Signify, then Stars Die, then Up the Downstair (and no order yet for after that).

Stars Die is just a compilation of songs from the regular early albums, with a couple of rarities. Might as well hold off on that one.

phanan said:

Ah yes, forgot about Disappear.

Without a doubt, the three best songs on Recordings.

I'm also pretty fond of In Formaldehyde.

phanan said:

Stars Die is just a compilation of songs from the regular early albums, with a couple of rarities. Might as well hold off on that one.

Yeah, I agree; going straight from Signify to Up The Downstair would be a smart move in my opinion.

It took me a while to get into Signify. Now I wonder why. Waiting, Sever, Every Home Is Wired, and Dark Matter are amazing. I was really impressed at how well the band did Dark Matter live. Especially in Brisbane, SW did the "crushed like a rose in the river flow/I am, I know" part beautifully.

phanan said:

It's one of the ones I've already got in iTunes, though, and I wanna get through everything I've already added before I unzip more. Meticulous? Yes.

Axver said:

Yeah, I agree; going straight from Signify to Up The Downstair would be a smart move in my opinion.

It took me a while to get into Signify. Now I wonder why. Waiting, Sever, Every Home Is Wired, and Dark Matter are amazing. I was really impressed at how well the band did Dark Matter live. Especially in Brisbane, SW did the "crushed like a rose in the river flow/I am, I know" part beautifully.

Signify is the one album that I don't have the physical CD for yet. I've been collecting them as I go, and while I've got it downloaded, I want the physical copy. The artwork and notes on the deluxe editions are fantastic.

And the new deluxe edition of Lightbulb Sun is out soon. :drool:

phanan said:

Signify is the one album that I don't have the physical CD for yet. I've been collecting them as I go, and while I've got it downloaded, I want the physical copy. The artwork and notes on the deluxe editions are fantastic.

It'd be nice to have a bit of money. Until I do, free is the way to go. :wink:

phanan said:

I have physical CDs of less of the albums than I care to admit. Lack of funds for the most part; I save up for concert tours, not albums! I can't just download a PT jaunt, you know? :wink:

Can't wait to buy my copy of the Lightbulb Sun remaster, though.

Tonight I found this Microsoft Word document that I had little memory of writing. It's a menu for a fictional restaurant where the pizzas are named after Greek Gods. It's the sort of thing you think you'd write after snorting a line but actually I think I may have been sober, possibly eagar and fully awake, while writing it.

The Sad Punk said:
Tonight I found this Microsoft Word document that I had little memory of writing. It's a menu for a fictional restaurant where the pizzas are named after Greek Gods. It's the sort of thing you think you'd write after snorting a line but actually I think I may have been sober, possibly eagar and fully awake, while writing it.

:lol: I have these hilarious documents from when I was about 11-14 where I wrote fictitious histories about New Zealand's railways ...

The depth of the detail is just astonishing. I really had no life. But living in Australia was pretty shit until I was about 14.

The Sad Punk said:

I'm putting it on my iPod so I can listen to it in bed. I would play it on the PC but my brother's asleep, and I'm planning the same after my beer's done.

Ah, that's cool. I'm going to depart soon too. I'll get Vortura to you tomorrow - well, today. Curse my Internet! Just as I think it's finally returned to stability, it seems to crap out again.

:lol: There used to be a Butts Railway Station in Melbourne!

Maybe a future thread could go there? :hmm:

Axver said:

:lol: I have these hilarious documents from when I was about 11-14 where I wrote fictitious histories about New Zealand's railways ...

The depth of the detail is just astonishing. I really had no life. But living in Australia was pretty shit until I was about 14.

:lol:

I can't say much, I used to write articles for fake video game magazines all the time when I was 9-12. I have a lot of old documents that I still read sometimes because they're so funny. They're actually surprisingly good parodies of video game magazines (mainly those in the 90s, before any of that 'pwn' and 'n00b' shit came along) as well as interesting looks into my head at the time.

And that menu, I think, was written last year. So I really can't say much at all. Not that it's the sort of thing I do all the time, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom