RUGBY World Cup 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dalton said:
Cool. Where are you from in SA? That's where I started playing rugby as well.

I was born in Durban, but I consider "home" to be Cape Town. I didn't know you'd been to South Africa! Where about?

My wife and I actually got engaged in Cape Town - on Table Mountain. June 21, 2002 - I remember the date cause I spent the morning being pissed off that Brazil beat England and Germany beat the US in the WC.

I've been to durban a few times and I'm going to PE in April.

Before my wife got pregnant I was seriously considering taking a job in CT.

My surname is Bradbury :lol: and yes COME ON! So many people thought the Poms were going out after losing to SA, and now we're in the final! I am so fucking elated after having beaten the french!!

That last 15 minutes though, I thought I was going to have a bloody heart attack. Some dodgy kicking from Wilkinson didn't help, but he turned it all around in the end :up: Brilliant, just brilliant.

if england win the world cup it will be the biggest "fuck you" in sporting history. everyone writing us off and telling us how shit we are and how we don't stand a chance. i will, in the words of kevin keegan, LOVE IT if we go and win the cup next weekend.

i think if we face SA in the final we might be able to beat them, ie the players will be up for it and be out to get revenge for the 36-0. if argentina win however i think the tide of momentum that they have right now will be irresistable and they will probably triumph. anything is possible the way hernandez is playing.

Yo te dareeeee, te dareee una cosa, una cosa que empieza con P:

PUMAS!!!!

I am now in Buenos Aires and the rugby mania in this town is crazy. Rugby seems to be the new national sport!

Tought match today, but anything is possible.

COME ON PUMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What on earth? The Pommies are in the final after losing to the home team in the SEMIS?! Well, that was unexpected.

BOK BEFOK! COME ON MY BOYKIES, DONNER THE PUMAS!

Too many handling mistakes in this first half. And you cannot give those advantages to the Springboks, who basically did not do anything but take advantage of the Pumas's mistakes.

It is unfortunate, now 3 tries look like a lot.

Bring on the second half!

habanafuckingowns.jpg

Bad luck. Argentina made too many mistakes and we paid for it. South Africa basically took advantage of all of the Pumas' errors and that is why they won the game.

In any event, this is a historic event for the Pumas, which have 5 amateur players in their team, are not invited by the stupid IRB to any international tournament and had the support of the whole country.

I will be watching against France on Friday. And cheering for SA on Saturday.

Shosholoza!
Shosholoza
Ku lezontaba
Stimela siphum' eSouth Africa
Wen' uyabaleka!
Wen' uyabaleka
Ku lezontaba
Stimela siphum' eSouth Africa!

Springbok_Logo.gif

What on earth was going on with Hernandez? To say his playing was off tonight would be the understatement of the year... Eh, but these things happen sometimes when the pressure's high. Well done to Argentina for an excellent World Cup run. If South Africa was to go down to anyone, I would have wanted them to go down to the Pumas.

Now we get a crack at the poms! :drool:

congrats to the boks. i hope you beat the poms in the final now. great performance of bryan habana. especially his first try in the semi imo is THE try of the tournament.

South Africa had better kick the shit out of England. I'll be sooo pissed off otherwise. They didn't even deserve to make it. One try in the knockout stages??

COBL_04 said:
South Africa had better kick the shit out of England. I'll be sooo pissed off otherwise. They didn't even deserve to make it. One try in the knockout stages??

are you the most bitter guy on this forum? i think you hate england more than you like your own team...

argentina made too many mistakes yesterday and if there's one guy you don't want to give a free run at goal it's bryan habana. hopefully england won't do that on saturday.

the pumas have been a credit to the world cup and they should be allowed in to one of the two annual touraments.

Argentina were great, don't get me wrong there. Would have loved them to go through. They played soo well. I just don't think England deserve to be there. Yes, we played like absolute shite against yas, but they don't deserve to win this world cup in my opinion.

And yes, being an Aussie, I do hate England very much. :wink:

well i suppose as an aussie you have a right from birth to enjoy watching england lose in sports competitions :wink:

however just because we don't play particularly expansive rugby, it doesn't mean england don't deserve to be there in the final. anyone who can beat a very strong australia and a french team who've just knocked out the all blacks and are on home soil deserve to be in the final if you ask me.

bring on the saffas! revenge will be sweet :mac:

1stepcloser said:

bring on the saffas! revenge will be sweet :mac:

You're going to be sorely disappointed, bru. :wink: South Africans are born with rugby balls in their hands. We're also born with an intense loathing of English and Australian sporting teams. :wink: I think it'll be tough for England to take this away from us. We live for rugby, and the World Cup is always the ultimate dream. To win it against one of our rivals is also the ultimate dream.

If I'm wrong, feel free to gloat at length.

The only worry for me, of course, is Percy Montgomery. Holy shit, he gives me palpatations during important matches. As long as his touch continues to be good next weekend, South Africa will have a good chance. Nothing is going to stop Bryan Habana and JP Pietersen from scoring tries. I do expect the Poms to put up a fight though, it is the world cup final after all. It won't be another 36-nil thrashing by any means.

You're going to be sorely disappointed, bru. :wink: South Africans are born with rugby balls in their hands. We're also born with an intense loathing of English and Australian sporting teams. :wink: I think it'll be tough for England to take this away from us. We live for rugby, and the World Cup is always the ultimate dream. To win it against one of our rivals is also the ultimate dream.

this is a bit worrying as rugby is perhaps the 2nd/3rd main sport in england behind football and maybe cricket but we have shown we're no pushovers when it comes to rugby. another worrying thing is how the scoreline between SA and the pumas wasn't close in the end although the pumas mistakes had something to do with that.

it's quite wierd that i don't feel any loathing whatsoever towards south africa. i don't think there is any feeling like that in england about the boks but obviously there is the other way! if we lose on saturday then i'll be pissed off but i won't be even more pissed off cos its SA. if it were the aussies or the french we'd lost to then it definitely would be worse...

just read this about your percy on wikipedia...

Montgomery rises at 4am every morning to begin his moisturising, skincare and hair regime. He spends at least 5 hours pampering his body to achieve the glowing, young look that has made him famous throughtout the world

:laugh:

I think it's a shame that rugby isn't as popular in the UK as it is in the southern hemisphere. I mean footy's great and all (the only sport that I will ever fully support England in :wink: ) but there's just something else about rugby. People are going absolutely mad back home about the final right now, and I imagine the excitement in England is probably only a fraction of that.

Bahaha, that's hilarious. It has been removed now. I fucking HATE Pretty Boy Percy. I appreciate him when his nerves aren't stuffing up his conversion rate... But on the whole, he is the most arrogant, self-centred little twat (with the exception of every Australian rugby player in history) that ever set foot onto a rugby pitch.

Someone needs to write an Uncyclopedia entry about old Percy. Here, I'll start it:

On the sixth day, God created Percy Montgomery in his own image. And God said "Percival, may the sun shineth from thy arse", and it was so. Percy Montgomery beheld God's work, and he saw that it was very good.

despite being an absolute ALL BLACKS supporter i wanna wish all the best to the BOKS... i hope they will go through and win the cup. they play the more better and more attractive rugby than england does. winning the cup for SOUTH AFRICA means also an uplift for the country and will also lift the preparations and enthusiasm for the soccer worldcup in 2010.
go the BOKKE!

we are very excited about the final here but it's more out of disbelief than anything. we always expect the football team to do big things and they inevitably never do but we didn't expect much from the rugby team and somehow they've managed to scrap their way to the final!

i don't expect england to win but if we're still within touching distance with 10/15 minutes to go then i'll just give one tip of advice to the boks - don't give johnny the freedom to kick at will....

GibsonGirl said:

Someone needs to write an Uncyclopedia entry about old Percy. Here, I'll start it:

On the sixth day, God created Percy Montgomery in his own image. And God said "Percival, may the sun shineth from thy arse", and it was so. Percy Montgomery beheld God's work, and he saw that it was very good.

:laugh:

he has played quite well though you have to admit and he didn't miss a single kick against the pumas. his penalty kicking has certainly been better than wilkinsons this tournament.

BOKKE BOKKE BOKKKE

1stepcloser - as for saying the english don't feel about south africa as we feel about them... you obviously haven't met any of the english i have because they're pretty against us.
and you obviously weren't listening to will greenwood "commentating" during the SA-ARG match who instead of talking about the game in front of him spent 70% of his time either rambling on about how amazing england were and this player doing that and another player doing something else, or was dissing our players and other teams.
he pretty much was a shining example of why i don't like english rugby and don't want you to win.

anyway, i'm hoping the boks do it on saturday. we should - we're without a doubt the better more exciting team and we play great looking expansive rugby but so did the all blacks and we know how they faired :eek:
england on the other are strongly "skilled" in closing a game down which could really hamper the boks use of the ball.

anyway, i'll have my fingers crossed and be out in my green and gold on saturday...

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika!

digsy said:

and you obviously weren't listening to will greenwood "commentating" during the SA-ARG match who instead of talking about the game in front of him spent 70% of his time either rambling on about how amazing england were and this player doing that and another player doing something else, or was dissing our players and other teams.
he pretty much was a shining example of why i don't like english rugby and don't want you to win.

i was listening to greenwood commentate and yes he rambled on about england at length when there was another match on but i can't remember him dissing SA and other teams players.

wouldn't you be excited though if SA were playing appalling rugby 4 weeks ago and looked to have little or no hope of progressing and making the feeblest defence of a sporting trophy in history and then suddenly beating 2 of the best teams in the world (one of which was the hosts on home soil)?

Back
Top Bottom