RUGBY World Cup 2007 - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:38 PM
I can't imagine the odds on England getting further in the world cup than the All Blacks. We face a tough semi

Old 10-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #197
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:38 AM
I'm going for Argentina now. But hey, looking on the bright side, with the All Blacks out, now I don't have to get up at 5am for any more games!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #198
War Child

Old 10-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #199
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Hmmm. So if we already beat France and France beat the favorites... that means we are the favorites to win it all...

Go Pumas tomorrow!

Sorry, Axver, that was devastating... I was cheering for the All Blacks.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #200
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by me at half-time
I'm not at ease, because they clearly haven't shown their cards.
What did I tell you? The French spent the entire first half holding their cards close to their chest while busily perusing our hand as we waved it in their faces.

Also, letting McAlister kick when Nick fucking Evans was on the park was a move of monumental STUPIDITY. Everybody knows Evans is far more accurate than McAlister, a poor understudy for Carter at best.

And where oh where was Mauger? Howlett? The selectors have a lot to answer for.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #201
Vocal parasite

That didn't really just happen, did it? No, no ... I reject your reality ...

I'm rather thankful I'm not in New Zealand right now, to be honest. And thanks to Australia being kicked out a few hours before us, things won't be intolerable this side of the Tasman!

Ugh.

I still am in a state of disbelief. You could say it's only a sport, but that'd prove you're not a Kiwi.

Fuck you, France. FUCK YOU. And Wayne Barnes should never referee such a high level international game again.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #202
Refugee

Local Time: 12:38 AM
I woke up to this...... i went to bed early

Busily eatimg some humble pie for brekky. Mortlock missed the monster penalty kick towards the end.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #203
Vocal parasite

Ha, at least I don't have to eat my words about Mortlock. All last year, my flatmate and I had a running debate where I claimed Mortlock was past it and he said Mortlock was brilliant.

Yeah, who gets the last laugh now.

... still, that doesn't improve my morning at all. New Zealand did just about EVERYTHING wrong, right from the word go when we picked less than our strongest team in the over-confident expectation we'd steamroller the French. Idiots.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #204
War Child

Carter was injured and Kelleher is average, you can't win without a good 9-10 duet, it was too complicated for New Zealand tonight.

Never forget that England and France have a different system than other nations : clubs have the priority, not the national team. Players are never in good form for the june/july or october/november test matches, don't trust test matches.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #205
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:38 AM
I'm still laughing my arse off, but here's a simple question.

Why don't you have a shot at the drop kick when you're dead centre of the field with a few minutes to go, instead of taking an unlikely shot from 50 out with an advantage that would have been rubbed out as soon as he put boot to ball?

Yep, it's still funny.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #206
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:38 AM
England eliminated Australia in the quarter finals? Has Christmas come early?
Old 10-06-2007, 07:16 PM   #207
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by guill
Carter was injured and Kelleher is average, you can't win without a good 9-10 duet, it was too complicated for New Zealand tonight.
Psh. Kelleher's pretty damn good, he didn't make a mistake today. The problem wasn't Carter carrying an injury either - it was that the All Blacks continue this idiocy of pairing him with Luke McAlister, a two-bit hack wannabe who just can't play second five-eighth. It is beyond comprehension why, in such a crucial game, Carter was not paired with Aaron Mauger, and why McAlister was kicking rather than Nick Evans once Carter left the field. Evans is about 10,000 times more accurate than McHackister.

At the end of the day, despite the ref, the All Blacks only have themselves and the selectors to blame.

Oh, and coolian, shut the fuck up eh? Your precious Warriors are pansy boys who would've gotten eaten by Jerry Collins and Chabal out there today.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #208
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Why don't you have a shot at the drop kick when you're dead centre of the field with a few minutes to go, instead of taking an unlikely shot from 50 out with an advantage that would have been rubbed out as soon as he put boot to ball?
Why don't you?

Btw, as a game i enjoyed watching it. Tense. All the All Black hype irritates me to death.

They got far too caught up in the trivial bullshit leading up to the game - boo hoo, we have to stay at a different luxury hotel, waaaah we have to wear an alternate jersey, etc etc.

Also they had zero - or less than - creativity on attack. Had they jagged a win, the semi final would have been as dull as dogshit.

Off another forum -

Quote:
They need to realise, like England have, that trying to ACTUALLY PLAY RUGBY gets you nowhere in that game, Kick the Ball, Roll around on the Floor enough to get a Penalty and Kick the Goal..............................Now repeat for 80 minutes.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #209
Vocal parasite

I'm sick of the hype about the All Blacks around the World Cup too, because it just builds up unnecessary pressure. I wish we weren't favourites, it pisses me off, and it's only going to be worse in 2011.

I just want to know what happened to our famed attack. It somewhat fired in the first half, but as soon as France deciphered our hand, that was it. The first 10-20 minutes or so were boring as anything while the French simply read our hand and let us tire ourselves out. I think the main reason our attack failed to fire was shocking team selection. You can't work on the logic of keeping players in reserve for the next game when it's SUDDEN DEATH!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #210
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:38 PM
What a great day for Northern Hemisphere rugby, absolutely fucking brilliant.

Those arrogant All Blacks and Aussies were given a fucking lesson they won't forget in a while.

Whatever happened to that old refrain "The gap between Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere is so big now it's practically unbridgeable!"

I have to admit, though I thought England had a reasonable chance against Australia, I never in my wildest dreams thought that France would beat the All Blacks.

Chokers how are ya??

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!

And for tomorrow:-

Up Scotland!

"O Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
Your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,