Rough and Ready, California Superthread - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #586
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
It's shaped funky too:

wow and it's...blue.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #587
Blue Crack Addict

What about the M. Night movie that nobody ever talks about: Unbreakable. I'm still waiting for the sequel to that one that's never coming

Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #588
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
On a related note, I always laugh for about 20 minutes straight when Indy kills that sword fighter. It's worth noting that such a subtly humorous scene is about 50 times funnier than any of the more blatant jokes from Indy 4.
QFT.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #589
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
If you liked everything, something would be dreadfully wrong.
I'd be no greater than the mother of Lance.

I wonder if he killed her and moved out to a motel somewhere.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:28 AM   #590
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I'd be no greater than the mother of Lance.

I wonder if he killed her and moved out to a motel somewhere.
Laz thinks that Dalton abducted the both of them.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #591
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
What about the M. Night movie that nobody ever talks about: Unbreakable. I'm still waiting for the sequel to that one that's never coming
There's a good convo about it between myself and Ash a few pages back. I really like it, almost as much as The Sixth Sense, but it's not a self-contained story like its predecessor, you know?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #592
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Laz thinks that Dalton abducted the both of them.
He has a right to be worried, he's the father.

I'd call Jame Gumb, if I were him.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #593
The Male

Quote:
Little league baseball is the most abusive sport known to man. I was in for about 6 years and it was crazy the entire time. Parents, moody kids, intense coaches, terrible umps, you name it.
I've been to a couple of Little League games. I haven't been the same since.

Now.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:32 AM   #594
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:30 PM
Quote:
Little league baseball is the most abusive sport known to man. I was in for about 6 years and it was crazy the entire time. Parents, moody kids, intense coaches, terrible umps, you name it.
I was very pleased that the champion of the league I work with this year was a team with two genuinely nice coaches. I talked to the one guy for literally a half hour after the game in the parking lot (I was sticking around anyway for my brother's game) about the season, and he had similar feelings about the whole thing, including the uglier side of our league.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #595
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, LMP and I were talking about that one last night

I forgot I didn't mention my feelings about Signs.

I loved it. No reason to cover that up, since it's usually a hit or misser. I dont' see what was so wrong with M. Night being in it, and the aliens weren't THAT bad. The only problems I had were

1) The Alien at the party. Are you guys serious? That was so lame. They spoofed that in a Scary Movie, and it was pretty much frame for frame the same scene.

2) I kept expecting a big twist because everyone acts like there's always a HUGE twist in M. Night movies, and there just wasn't in this one. So instead, when the movie ended I was just hugely disappointed. But overall, I loved it, but that may have a lot to do with the fact that i dont' care how crazy Mel Gibson behaves in real life, I will love him forever and always
Old 06-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #596
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I've been to a couple of Little League games. I haven't been the same since.
I work in Little League. You see and hear much more than the average attendee when you have to interact with the coaches, umps, and players on a regular basis.

But the money is good and untaxed, and I enjoy the broadcasting and statistics aspect, so there's that.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:34 AM   #597
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I was very pleased that the champion of the league I work with this year was a team with two genuinely nice coaches. I talked to the one guy for literally a half hour after the game in the parking lot (I was sticking around anyway for my brother's game) about the season, and he had similar feelings about the whole thing, including the uglier side of our league.
The good thing is, PFan, that you will hopefully grow up to be a good Little League coach.....you've seen what makes a good coach, and what makes a bad one. Who knows where life will take you, but, I wager you'd be good at it down the road.

I'm 158 years old, so things were different...but when I played Little League, the parents did not attend in droves and the ones that did usually were supportive. Very few problem parents. Different era, though...we all walked to our games, walked back home, not every kid needed an SUV to take them to the game, etc.....I loved it, actually.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #598
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Yeah, there's always a group of great guys working that. They keep the whole league afloat, at least the one I was in. I'll always remember when my dad tried to coach instead of just being an "assistant coach" and it was all kinds of awful.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:39 AM   #599
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Yeah, LMP and I were talking about that one last night

I forgot I didn't mention my feelings about Signs.

I loved it. No reason to cover that up, since it's usually a hit or misser. I dont' see what was so wrong with M. Night being in it, and the aliens weren't THAT bad. The only problems I had were

1) The Alien at the party. Are you guys serious? That was so lame. They spoofed that in a Scary Movie, and it was pretty much frame for frame the same scene.

2) I kept expecting a big twist because everyone acts like there's always a HUGE twist in M. Night movies, and there just wasn't in this one. So instead, when the movie ended I was just hugely disappointed. But overall, I loved it, but that may have a lot to do with the fact that i dont' care how crazy Mel Gibson behaves in real life, I will love him forever and always
That's cool.

I don't like when the filmmaker thrusts himself unnecessarily into the story like that though, that's just me. Mel's a decent actor - love him in the Lethal Weapon movies and of course, Ransom ("GIVE ME BACK MY SON!")

Another aspect of the movie I didn't like was just how fucking convenient everything is. The girl leaves water everywhere, alien's allergic to water; alien's got toxic shit, Little Culkin has asthma. Also, if an alien race is deathly allergic to water, why come to a planet that's comprised 2/3 of that? I mean, come on. Maybe it'd be too obvious if the girl left Dr. Pepper everywhere.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:41 AM   #600
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm reading this kid's reviews of Crystal Skull and Ang Lee's Hulk and want to go into a Glengarry-style rant on him.

Pfan, it's the kid I was telling you about.

Tags
superthread