Rolling Stone Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
$435 for the most expensive stadium seat. Are you kidding me. If I wanted to hear "Start Me Up" for the 4,4990 time and take a friend it would cost me $1,000.00. Thats just wrong. :mad:

holy shit. and i thought u2 tickets were expensive.

:down:

$63, 102, 163, 453

I paid 140 bucks to see Bruce in a much smaller venue. Bruce is soooo much better than the stones, and this is more intimate, and even though I still felt like I was paying a lot, I know I'm going to get my money's worth.

Greed :down:

U2 could get away with murder if they wanted to. I saw the Stones last tour but am skipping this. These guys play the same songs every tour. Even though they have a new album coming out, it'll be irelivant and wouldn't justify the prices. I enjoy the Stones but this is just stupid.

Wha....!

I paid £65 to see them last time in GA, they were worth every single penny of that even if I thought it was a bit pricey then. But I was right at the barrier of the b-stage, not much beats see Mick and Keef up close like that.

But there's no way in hell I'd pay $435, that's about £215. To see a greatest hits show. And a stadium on top of that. Surely they won't sell out shows at those prices. There's no way I'll be seeing them again when they come to Europe if those prices are anything to go by. The UK will be more expensive again, always is.

Just my opinion, it's not worth even the cheapest ticket. I saw them only once in my life, on their previous tour. It was one of the "club" dates. For me there was no stage presence going on, no real spark, no connection w/ the audience. I suppose if you're a Rolling Stones fanatic you would experience it differently.

It just seemed to me they were going through the motions. If you just want to experience them once and are willing to pay, I suppose it might be worth it :shrug:

I just got this e-mail, the platinum membership is $100

he Rolling Stones Official Fan Club is pleased to announce the availability of a limited number of PLATINUM MEMBERSHIPS!

Become a PLATINUM MEMBER for these great benefits:

Great PLATINUM Perks - Once again, the Rolling Stones will offer all Club members unprecedented, behind-the-scenes content with the return of Virtual Ticket, the on-line tour companion the band introduced in 2002. Virtual Ticket allows fans to intimately experience the band on the road and in the studio via streaming video, written and taped accounts from the band and crew, and special advance notice of upcoming shows and ticket availability. Membership includes all of the great features of the private members web site, opportunities to purchase special merchandise, a Fan Club exclusive Stones DVD, and a collectible poster.

Early access to Stones concert tickets - Continuing their tradition of introducing exciting new ways for fans to experience concert-going, The Rolling Stones are the first band to employ a ticket pre-sale system that allows fans to choose their exact seat locations from a variety of ticket price levels before purchasing them - and before purchasing a Fan Club membership! But if a fan joins the Club before tickets to the specific show they are looking to attend are available for pre-sale, the fan is guaranteed the membership fee money back if not fully satisfied with the location of the tickets once they become available.

Watch the show from right on stage! The Fan Club will be holding a stadium show contest where some very lucky fans will win a chance to watch a show from right on stage. This contest will be offered for each and every stadium show on the tour. As the band spends the summer preparing to hit the road, the Fan Club will be announcing multiple ways for members to get in on these very special tickets. Stay in touch with rollingstones.com for more details.

Last edited:
I knew they'd be expensive, but i never thought they'd go for $453.00 wow.
I've seen them several times and have always enjoyed the shows, but Keef can kiss my pale white ass if he thinks he's getting $453.00 form me (shit its $906.00 plus Ticketmaster fees to take the wife).

I'll think I'll pass on seeing them. Saw them at a stadium show in the 80s. I can live with that. No way they are worth that kind of money! My friends saw them in L.A. last time round - face value good loge seats were about $300+ each. They were comped, but still said it would not have been worth the money. And the friends sitting next to him took the family - that's 4 x$$$ - $1500 for a night out with the family, dinner, parking, souvenirs. F**king insane. I can wait and rent the DVD version for $5 in a couple of years. And even then I'll wait for my free Blockbuster rental!

The only band I'm willing to pay for are 4 lads from Ireland... :wink:

The average ticket price for stadiums is reported to be $99 while the average ticket price for Arena's is $110.

This is only $10 dollars more than U2.

The tour travels to Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Japan and "hopefully" China before heading to Europe in summer 2006, he said.

Although the Rolling Stones don't appear to be playing Australia, congratulations on holding a World Tour. This is commendable :up:

It's not music anymore.....it's what they call "big business". It's no wonder they keep on touring. What do the teeshirts go for?

:tsk:

beli said:

Although the Rolling Stones don't appear to be playing Australia, congratulations on holding a World Tour. This is commendable :up:

Have you checked the world map lately....perhaps Australia has been eliminated somehow. :ohmy:

STING2 said:
The average ticket price for stadiums is reported to be $99 while the average ticket price for Arena's is $110.

This is only $10 dollars more than U2.

maybe that's what's reported, but if you look at ticketmaster and add up the averages yourself, it's more of a 70 dollar difference.

and that's still just averages. u2 are charging an arm and a leg for the most expensive seats, but the stones are charging more than twice that for the expensive seats. for example, go to ticketmaster and compare prices for the miami date. 400 stones, 160 u2. in georgia at the phillips arena: $162 u2, $352 stones.

i'm through after this year with going to big tours (ok, i'll take that back the second springsteen announces tour dates with the e street band :wink: but otherwise, i'm done) and sticking to going to small club shows or VFW halls. the largest thing i'm going to go to is the dropkick murphy's st. patrick's thing. i'm sick of feeling raped by bands.

Makes me even happier I like bands that play clubs for $10 - $20 USD. :)

Keep in mind that the fanbase for the Stones is not your average Ashlee Simpson fan who have to get money from mommy or daddy, nor are many of U2's fans. The older your fanbase, generally the wealthier and higher amount of disposable income to spend on their favorite artist. The Stones have this luxury and if U2 continues to put out cds, so will they. I don't think this justifies what they are doing, but they know the market will accept it.

Also, just as many fans here love Bono to death, Mick is god to many other people too. So just like many of us spend huge amounts of money every 4 years or so to get a U2 fix, $400 bucks to see the original rock n roll band ain't much to some.:wink:

Last edited:
nobody reads this

TheBrazilianFly said:
I don't care how much it is, I'll pay for it. It might be my only chance to see them.

HELL YEAH!!! :yes:

:rockon:

If I don't get some shelter, I'm gonna fade away... :drool:

trevster2k said:
Keep in mind that the fanbase for the Stones is not your average Ashlee Simpson fan who have to get money from mommy or daddy, nor are many of U2's fans. The older your fanbase, generally the wealthier and higher amount of disposable income to spend on their favorite artist. The Stones have this luxury and if U2 continues to put out cds, so will they. I don't think this justifies what they are doing, but they know the market will accept it.

Also, just as many fans here love Bono to death, Mick is god to many other people too. So just like many of us spend huge amounts of money every 4 years or so to get a U2 fix, $400 bucks to see the original rock n roll band ain't much to some.:wink:

That's still a lot of money for face value. And remember - that's U.S. dollars (not Canadian) :wink:

IWasBored said:

maybe that's what's reported, but if you look at ticketmaster and add up the averages yourself, it's more of a 70 dollar difference.

and that's still just averages. u2 are charging an arm and a leg for the most expensive seats, but the stones are charging more than twice that for the expensive seats. for example, go to ticketmaster and compare prices for the miami date. 400 stones, 160 u2. in georgia at the phillips arena: $162 u2, $352 stones.

i'm through after this year with going to big tours (ok, i'll take that back the second springsteen announces tour dates with the e street band :wink: but otherwise, i'm done) and sticking to going to small club shows or VFW halls. the largest thing i'm going to go to is the dropkick murphy's st. patrick's thing. i'm sick of feeling raped by bands.

Ticketmaster just list the prices, it does not tell you the number of tickets being sold at each price. For most shows, if you take away the 400 dollar level tickets, prices are roughly the same as U2. U2 have 49.50 - 95.00 and 160.00 for most shows. The Stones have 60.00 - 100.00 and 163.00 for most of their shows, plus the 453.00 dollar tickets of which I'm sure there are not that many.

The reported average price for U2 shows in Arena's was 100 dollars, and recently released BOXSCORE information for the first few shows proves that report to be correct. The Stones had an average ticket price of 100 dollars on their last tour and half of the shows on the world tour did not sellout. So its obvious their not going to be charging much more than that this time around. Most of the shows, like last time, are in Arena's.

STING2 said:

Ticketmaster just list the prices, it does not tell you the number of tickets being sold at each price. For most shows, if you take away the 400 dollar level tickets, prices are roughly the same as U2. U2 have 49.50 - 95.00 and 160.00 for most shows. The Stones have 60.00 - 100.00 and 163.00 for most of their shows, plus the 453.00 dollar tickets of which I'm sure there are not that many.

The reported average price for U2 shows in Arena's was 100 dollars, and recently released BOXSCORE information for the first few shows proves that report to be correct. The Stones had an average ticket price of 100 dollars on their last tour and half of the shows on the world tour did not sellout. So its obvious their not going to be charging much more than that this time around. Most of the shows, like last time, are in Arena's.

i think somewhere in my post i included something about not really knowing much about this stuff. thanks.

Re: reply

wizard2c said:

Have you checked the world map lately....perhaps Australia has been eliminated somehow. :ohmy:

lol. I dont mind. They are playing parts of Central and South America so they are forgiven for missing Australia. Maybe next time.

mick.jpg

STING2 said:
See there's the problem with your argument..you say "Take away the $400 seats and..."
Well lets also take away U2's $165 seats then to get a fair comparison.

As for "not that many" $453 seats...during the presale so far it appears all the field seats at Fenway are $453...thats a lot of seats.
The $63 and $100 seats at Fenway in the presale have all been listed as "obstructed view"

Back
Top Bottom