Roger Waters on tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And finally, a few minutes of Comfortably Numb (in 2 parts).
Disclaimer - shaky video at times :wink:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIiKNS_vmV8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNHMr7U46gY

GibsonGirl said:

My only complaint would be Snowy and Dave during Money. They shouldn't play the outro together because I haven't heard one bootleg where they've been in perfect pitch with one another. Toronto wasn't an exception to this. Just let Dave play it, he's fucking incredible. :drool:

I agree with the pitch thing - same too in Comfortably Numb.
If it's not the pitch, it's the odd tone combo of the Tele and the Les Paul.

Saw Roger Waters on Sat. night here in Virginia.

What a great show :drool: :drool:

playing the whole "Dark Side of the Moon" was awesome.

GibsonGirl said:
"The president's a fool" Roger holds his hand up. What's interesting is that that particular part of the song was written for George Bush Sr. at the time. Now it applies to Dubya. :lol:

It's interesting to see how many of the PF/RW themes from 15-30+ years ago
are repeating themselves today, making the songs still very relavent.

GibsonGirl said:

There is a very special guest attending the Hollywood Bowl shows. :wink:

:confused: Nick Mason? Elaborate please.

ntalwar said:

:confused: Nick Mason? Elaborate please.

Scanned this in from the programme. :wink: Click for full version.

On a side note, I love how Harry Waters has his dad's characteristic glare in that photo.

love_u2_adam said:
I hate living in Alberta:sad:

No one comes here....all we have is nickelback:grumpy:

No one comes to Alberta, eh? Looking at the past 5 years in Calgary alone, the following bands are just a cross-section of who has performed here: The Rolling Stones, The Who (in October), Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab For Cutie, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, TOOL (twice), Broken Social Scene (three or more times), The Arcade Fire, Wolf Parade, A Silver Mt. Zion, Stars (four or more times), The Stills, Peaches, Wilco, Apostle of Hustle, Feist (who is from Calgary), K-OS, The Music (twice), Coldplay, Billy Idol, The Constantines, The Weakerthans, Weezer, Elvis Costello, Jason Collett (and dozens of other indie artists), etc. The only notable contemporary acts that I can think of that have not been to Alberta is Radiohead (since 97-98), The White Stripes, Bloc Party, and Sigur Ros. We probably missed out on Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and Bach, but we're doing ok.

We have more than Nickelback to claim and to watch, if one is motivated enough to look.

Last edited:
Yeah, Alberta's doing okay. Be thankful that you're not living in St. John's Newfoundland, love_u2_adam. The only big names I can remember who've graced the Rock recently include Pearl Jam and Feist. We get plenty of the Nickleback, Swollen Members, Black Eyed Peas, Rex Goudie, Hilary Duff, Great Big Sea kind of crap, but very few bands and performers that are actually good. So consider yourself lucky to be living where you do. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

Scanned this in from the programme. :wink: Click for full version.

On a side note, I love how Harry Waters has his dad's characteristic glare in that photo.

Cool. I wanted to get the program during the intermission, but the line was too long. And after the show I left quickly to avoid the rush, but still had to wait an hour to get out of the parking lot :rant:. I hope the merchandise shows up online eventually.

Yeah - Harry is quite an intriguing character. I was reading Dave K.'s tour diary, which I'm sure you've seen. There were a couple of photos of Harry there away from the gigs - playing chess at Roger's beachfront home in Greece and at an Iceland museum. This tour has gone to some really interesting cities and venues.

RW_SIDE_BW.jpg

I enjoyed the first show so much, I decided to catch another one in Chicago. Again, an awesome show.

And a couple of videos I filmed - not the best quality though:

Sheep (part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jSgNKn5reg
Sheep (part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LXj4-T2Eg

need help here:

I saw him in Indy on saturday (great show - HORRIBLE venue). The pig was launched into the sky. Do they have GPS tracking on the pig and get it back - or is some poor Indiana farmer having a heart attack right now because there is a huge pig with "Impeach Bush" on its ass sitting in his corn field?

:nerd:

zoney! said:
need help here:

I saw him in Indy on saturday (great show - HORRIBLE venue). The pig was launched into the sky. Do they have GPS tracking on the pig and get it back - or is some poor Indiana farmer having a heart attack right now because there is a huge pig with "Impeach Bush" on its ass sitting in his corn field?

:nerd:

:lmao: Not sure what they do with the pigs in outdoor venues but that's a hilarious mental image anyway.

I'm jealous, ntalwar. :( Two shows! I can't watch the videos as I'm in my uni's library right now, but I'll try to have a look at them tomorrow. Nice picture BTW. Damn, I should have caught the Montreal show as it was the night right after the Toronto show. Maybe could have gone to a scalper to get floor seats and seen the performance from multiple angles... If only. I'm suffering serious Waters withdrawal. I think the last two weekly charts on my last.fm are evidence enough. :uhoh:

Yeah, VP, Rex Goudie. :( I saw Sarah Harmer on Saturday night, though, and she wasn't half bad.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

I'm jealous, ntalwar. :( Two shows! I can't watch the videos as I'm in my uni's library right now, but I'll try to have a look at them tomorrow. Nice picture BTW. Damn, I should have caught the Montreal show as it was the night right after the Toronto show. Maybe could have gone to a scalper to get floor seats and seen the performance from multiple angles... If only. I'm suffering serious Waters withdrawal. I think the last two weekly charts on my last.fm are evidence enough. :uhoh:

Thanks - two(or more) shows is nice for RW, because it gives you the chance to catch stuff you missed the first time around.
Especially since there's so much going on onstage with all the musicians and videos. Who knows how much longer he will tour - I might as well catch him in concert while he's still touring.

Hubby went this past evening with his friend. We are supposed to go tomorrow, but my daughter has been sick all week, so I don't know if Mommy will make it to the Bowl on Friday night :(

Lila64 said:
Hubby went this past evening with his friend. We are supposed to go tomorrow, but my daughter has been sick all week, so I don't know if Mommy will make it to the Bowl on Friday night :(

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Here's wishing your daughter a speedy recovery (for her and for you, so that you can go to the show!)

:hug: thanks - waiting to go to the doctor.

I guess there's always Sunday's show, though we don't have tix for that one :|

Lila64 said:

I guess there's always Sunday's show, though we don't have tix for that one :|

Scalpers! Normally I say fuck 'em, but if you're a fan of Pink Floyd and Roger Waters, you simply HAVE to see this show any way you can.

GibsonGirl said:

Scalpers! Normally I say fuck 'em, but if you're a fan of Pink Floyd and Roger Waters, you simply HAVE to see this show any way you can.

I'll have to second that. Craigslist seems to have tickets as well.
This show is a MUST-see - a once in a lifetime type of show. :wink:

Hubby just told me he has some more crappy seats for Sunday's show, so I still have a chance to see Waters :hyper:

But of all 3 nites of crappy seats, I think tonight's were the best. Oh well... At least my baby is feeling slightly better, and I would have been worried all evening about her & not enjoyed the show.

Saw a great show here in Cleveland last Wednesday! Here are some photos my boyfriend took with his phone...

We had great seats, first row on the club level. This is the stage before the show, doesn't do much justice to our seats though:

255009081_f261f31e61.jpg

Here are two shots of the astronaut:

255009078_5e1ce9425e.jpg

255009077_4229df9cbe.jpg

And the infamous pig:

255009076_695133ce49.jpg

255009075_4faa36ba53.jpg

:up:

Lila64 said:
Hubby just told me they let the pig go last night at the Bowl :lol:

Great that you can make it there.
Yeah -they've been letting the pig go at the outdoor shows.
That's quite a few pigs to bring along with them on tour :hmm:.

Great shots, LadyLemon. :up: Looking at that first one reminds me of something. I heard Dancing Queen (only one of my LEAST favourite songs of all time) on the radio today in the car, and I thought about Roger. When I hurriedly changed the station, I half expected to land on another ABBA song. :lol:

Great news on getting the tickets for Sunday, Lila. :up: Your husband's lucky, getting to see all three Hollywood Bowl shows!

Back
Top Bottom