River Piddle, Dorset Superthread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #91
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
It's called an English to Dutch dictionary.

And is the Dutch word for rooster similar to the German one? Because I know that. Or knew it anyway. Rock on, taking German for five years and then forgetting all of it the second I walked out of high school!
no it's not Hahn... but it is a bit alike..

well it's great if you don't know what presents to give... my bass teacher had a baby, I gave him a rooster plushie
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #92
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
See, I'm not quite sure what my friends did. All their chooks were still alive when I left New Zealand. But if they waited for them to die of old age, I can't imagine they would have been that good for eating, right?
Hell no. The older the chicken, the worse it tastes, plus it gets tougher as it gets older.
__________________

__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #93
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:24 PM
I'll join you on that TJT Ax
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #94
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Hell no. The older the chicken, the worse it tastes, plus it gets tougher as it gets older.
true.. so if your kid later wants a pet, don't give it a chicken... go for a rabbit....

only waitin' till christmas then!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
OK, if I may say so myself, my custom Joshua Tree fuckin' rocks. I'm listening to it now (yes, I'm just randomly playing U2 ) and really enjoying it.

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Luminous Times
5. Spanish Eyes
6. In God's Country
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Running To Stand Still
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. One Tree Hill
11. Exit
12. Mothers Of The Disappeared

RHMT --> OTH is one of the best segues I've ever created.
That looks like an awesome playlist.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
true.. so if your kid later wants a pet, don't give it a chicken... go for a rabbit....

only waitin' till christmas then!
I had a pet rabbit once, too.
And iguanas...and a mouse...and a big ugly rat (wasn't mine, was my brother's.) and a bunch of fish...
Geez, we had a mini-zoo.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #97
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 11:24 PM

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #98
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Pineapple in your cereal? Strange, I've never tried that. I've had blueberries, strawberries and raspberries but never pineapple. I think I ought to try that. I particularly love cheerios. With fruit, of course. And some yogurt.
Who, us innocent pear-lovers?

That is kind of odd. I think their meatball one has tomato sauce but I know that you can't just request it on any old thing. Which is weird because their motto is that they make it for you the way you want it, but you can't have it the way you want it. So it's like, what the fuck? That's why I get turkey when I go there. Some lettuce and tomato, no sauce, mustard or dressing of any sort. I'm sorry but dressings are for salads! I love barbecue sauce a bit more than I should and YES, chicken DOES DEMAND barbecue sauce.

Aww, I'm sure you'd do fine! I know I can't cook for crap when someone else is expecting me to make them something. Just when I surprise them with whatever I end up making. I ended up burning the last batch of chicken and dumplings to the bottom of the pan.
Yeah, I have pineapple with my cornflakes or Weet-bix. Used to be mandarin but I grew tired of it. Blueberries are also delicious in cereal. By the way, it cracks me up that you lot have a cereal called cheerios, since I'm used to cheerios being little party sausages served at birthday parties and the like when I was little.

It was weird and irritating. I guess Tennesseans don't dig barbecue and tomato sauce in their Subway stuff? Either way, I was much less keen on going there while in the US than I am here. Here, I can get exactly what I want! God, can't believe it was over three years ago that I was in the US. It seems like both yesterday and a lifetime ago. Funny how things can be like that.

I find cooking for others more fulfilling, but it's definitely easier when it's just a matter of course rather than anything special. Like when Kate would come around and have dinner, it was just because that's what we did regularly. Her family all sucked at cooking, so she'd come to my place and have a real meal. But if somebody were visiting Melbourne, I'd probably be conscious of making it good and hoping I don't fuck it up!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #99
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 11:24 PM
I had fish a LOT! I had loads of guppy's, well.. ofcourse I started with two females and one male... and after a week I had about 100 guppys... good thing was they ate eachother so I didn't have to get more aquaria to house them
I have a cat sweetest thing evar! Always wanted a lizzard, but my mom doesn't want that.. tho when I was taking care of the school lizzard(bought it myself ) both she and my sis loved him! and the mouse too
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #100
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 04:24 PM
Now There's an Axver playlist I can attempt

Hai guys
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #101
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
no it's not Hahn... but it is a bit alike..

well it's great if you don't know what presents to give... my bass teacher had a baby, I gave him a rooster plushie
Hah, cool. See, I'm craptastic at presents. Beyond craptastic, even.

By the way, while we're talking about Dutch names, I don't suppose you could confirm or deny something for me? There's a last name in my family, Keesing, and according to the story my family tells, it's similar to the Dutch word for "choosing". True or false?

I ask because it's the only last name in my family I actually LIKE (I can't stand my own, it's more common as a first name and causes its share of difficulty), and if I ever were to write under a pseudonym or change my last name, it would be to Keesing, so I'd like to know if that little detail is correct.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #102
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:24 PM
Um....So I'm playing this game called Virtual Villagers....and I needed to make...more villagers...so I made two of the characters goals breeding, and they went off together, then the guy went back to work...but the chick walked over to another guy and went off with him
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, I have pineapple with my cornflakes or Weet-bix. Used to be mandarin but I grew tired of it. Blueberries are also delicious in cereal. By the way, it cracks me up that you lot have a cereal called cheerios, since I'm used to cheerios being little party sausages served at birthday parties and the like when I was little.

It was weird and irritating. I guess Tennesseans don't dig barbecue and tomato sauce in their Subway stuff? Either way, I was much less keen on going there while in the US than I am here. Here, I can get exactly what I want! God, can't believe it was over three years ago that I was in the US. It seems like both yesterday and a lifetime ago. Funny how things can be like that.

I find cooking for others more fulfilling, but it's definitely easier when it's just a matter of course rather than anything special. Like when Kate would come around and have dinner, it was just because that's what we did regularly. Her family all sucked at cooking, so she'd come to my place and have a real meal. But if somebody were visiting Melbourne, I'd probably be conscious of making it good and hoping I don't fuck it up!
I love cornflakes too, I am gonna have to try that out! Haha, yeah, we have a cereal called cheerios. They're very good. Never heard of sausages called that! Must be an Aussie thing!

I don't think America does, period. I'm more than sure that the Subways around here don't have it either. Which is odd as hell. Sounds like the Subway down there is a lot better! Note to self: Go to Subway if you visit Aussie land.
Yeah, that's how stuff is. Like I can't believe it's been 3 years since I graduated high school, 'cause it seems like yesterday and ages ago at the same time. Guess that's just how things go.

It is. Cooking for yourself is "eh" because you made it and there's really no comparison to see how well you did or anything other than your own taste buds and because it seems appealing to you, it may not be to someone else. But it can be nerve wracking to cook for someone when the pressure's on like that.
I dunno, but you sound like a good cook! I bet I'd like your food!
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #104
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
I had fish a LOT! I had loads of guppy's, well.. ofcourse I started with two females and one male... and after a week I had about 100 guppys... good thing was they ate eachother so I didn't have to get more aquaria to house them
I have a cat sweetest thing evar! Always wanted a lizzard, but my mom doesn't want that.. tho when I was taking care of the school lizzard(bought it myself ) both she and my sis loved him! and the mouse too
We always had goldfish, catfish and Siamese fighting fish (in separate little bowls, of course.)
I miss my iguanas and I looove my cats so much. They're brothers and they are adorable.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 02:24 PM
DUDE SHE DID IT AGAIN!
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com