River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'd like to think so. :wave:

That thread was very, very epic. My sis. :lol:

God, that was too funny. A true moment in Superthread history.

I'd be very interested in seeing that sometime.
This place is pretty much my interference home now.

It's been a very good home for me for the last 5 months. :up:

A proper history would be good, so I might work with THE HISTORIAN (PFan) to get something created.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,002
User Name Posts
Axver 281
The Sad Punk 105
coolian2 102
Serena Vox 80
cinnaminson 51
RegularBonoFan 44
LemonMelon 41
KhanadaRhodes 40
LemonMacPhisto 38
phillyfan26 35
elevated_u2_fan 24
the tourist 18
mysterious_jen 17
phanan 14
bono_212 14
Lila64 12
Angela Harlem 11
corianderstem 10
unico 8
gluey 8
Eazy-V 7
Galeongirl 6
kafrun 6
BoMac 4
No spoken words 4
Sicy 4
Screwtape2 4
Bonochick 4
major_panic 3
lynnok 2
Its Britastic! 2
Lemonchick 1
Irishteen 1
blueeyedgirl 1

?

Welcome back, Ashley. :wave:

And thanks for posting the stats! I was going to but forgot.

I've made almost 600 posts in the time I've been here. :ohmy:
I bet I'll hit 2,000 later today since I'm stuck in bed!

It won't be long until this place has doubled your post count for you ... and then some. See: Ian, Vazza, Andrew, Bonnie, U-Wen, etc.

You know, I remember reading somewhere that some people think that the google search engine is god or something. I think Wikipedia would be before google! :lol:

Hah, oh, I've seen the website about Google being god. It's a fucking classic, I love it.

I'm thinking Wikipedia is to Google what Jesus is to God in the Christian tradition.

:reject: yea, but LM is the only one I know of those guys and I don't wanna butt in...

:grumpy: where the eff is she??

Go on! The Three Musketeers are all just about clones of each other anyway. :wink:

She better not be having a life or something silly like that. :down:

I used to enjoy pumpkin soup, but otherwise, I've always despised pumpkin. Oranges are good, though. I love orange juice, it's one of the main things I drink. As for kumara, though I don't enjoy it any more, kumara chips are surprisingly good.

KFC pisses me off because it's so bloody expensive. Why pay $10 for a burger and chips there when I could get an equally nasty McChicken for half the price? And the meals with burgers, drumsticks, coleslaws, and stuff are like $25, which I think is nothing short of a huge rort. The only fast food I feel any fondness for is Subway, though when Fellow Albino Railfan and I are out railfanning, we'll often stop in for a quick bite to eat at Hungry Jack's (Burger King to you) because it's at least edible, cheap, and doesn't hold us up long.

Huh, I've only ever seen them advertising tea and stuff.

I get the feeling that when people from this thread visit Melbourne, I'm going to be expected to cook! :lol:
Orange juice = :up:
I like orange-pineapple juice quite a lot too. Then again, I love pineapple and most fruits aside of anything melon or peaches (another orange thing. :wink:)

Yeah, KFC is expensive. I had some of their teriyaki boneless wings on my 20th birthday while I watched the Slane DVD, which wasn't too bad, actually. But their regular chicken? Ew. :down: And it costs so damn much to eat there. Here, you have to pay around $20 or so to get enough food for everyone and it's ridiculous because you could take that, buy some chicken with it and the necessary things (flour and such) to make the shit and it not be as greasy or fattening! As far as restaurants go, I agree with you. Subway is relatively good. I like their turkey sub.

Yeah, they only advertise that here too.
Lipton® Noodle Soup
I like it, personally. But I've had a fondness for it since it was my lunch often times as a child. I like a good bowl of it loaded with spices when I'm sick. Now THAT cures what ails you. :up:

:shifty: Was it that obvious? :lol:
Kidding! You don't have to cook for me! But I do typically cook for anyone who's sick because that's just the way I am. I tend to take care of people when they're ill.

KFC :love:

Dude the Colonel lived to be like....1 million years old...I have no fears of eating KFC :laugh:

It's not too expensive here either :hmm:

God, that was too funny. A true moment in Superthread history.

It's been a very good home for me for the last 5 months. :up:

A proper history would be good, so I might work with THE HISTORIAN (PFan) to get something created.
Typing with your bobos. :laugh:
I :heart: her. I wonder if I'll be doing anything that epic this weekend. I'm known to be one straaange drunk. I've been in IMs when inebriated before but I've never actually bothered to post on a message board. Though there was one time I got on LJ and posted a comment I didn't remember and you couldn't even tell I wasn't sober even though my vision was spinning when I wrote it.

I sure love it, I'll be sticking around. :up:

Dude the Colonel lived to be like....1 million years old...I have no fears of eating KFC :laugh:

I think it is for what it is. I would rather go buy some chicken breast and make my own than go to KFC. :lol:
Not to say I don't eat there from time to time, as I had some the other night since that's what we had for dinner, not that I actually ate much of it! But I can't say it's on my list of favourite things to eat.

KFC and Red Rooster are the two most expensive fast food places here. Funnily enough, they both do chicken! And chicken's mightily expensive in the supermarket right now too ...

It won't be long until this place has doubled your post count for you ... and then some. See: Ian, Vazza, Andrew, Bonnie, U-Wen, etc.

Hah, oh, I've seen the website about Google being god. It's a fucking classic, I love it.

I'm thinking Wikipedia is to Google what Jesus is to God in the Christian tradition.
Oh I don't doubt it. I never really found anywhere worthy to post. My entire post count just came from random posts over the last year an a half and that was pretty much it. I joined another board around relatively the same time as I joined here and my post count there is almost 10,000. So there's obviously no issues with being free with the reply button as much as a lack of a place to post! :lol:

Yeah, I seriously wonder where people come up with stuff like that. :laugh:

I think it is for what it is. I would rather go buy some chicken breast and make my own than go to KFC. :lol:
Not to say I don't eat there from time to time, as I had some the other night since that's what we had for dinner, not that I actually ate much of it! But I can't say it's on my list of favourite things to eat.

I was seriously craving KFC yesterday, but when I got home I found out mom had made me Chicken Alfredo :hi5: I can't think of a better win/win than that. I'm thinking of going to get some of the leftovers now. But not moving feels so good right now. The most I've moved so far today was to turn off my alarm, put on my glasses, and pick up the laptop :uhoh:

KFC and Red Rooster are the two most expensive fast food places here. Funnily enough, they both do chicken! And chicken's mightily expensive in the supermarket right now too ...
Red Rooster? That sounds like Lee's Famous...
Their little symbol thing is of a rooster. And it's red. They serve chicken. :hmm:

If Google was God, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to actually SEARCH for what I was looking for, but simply think it, and it take me to that damn Finnish Sourdough Bread website, rather than me having to wade through 50 pages of nonsense first.

I was seriously craving KFC yesterday, but when I got home I found out mom had made me Chicken Alfredo :hi5: I can't think of a better win/win than that. I'm thinking of going to get some of the leftovers now. But not moving feels so good right now. The most I've moved so far today was to turn off my alarm, put on my glasses, and pick up the laptop :uhoh:
Alfredo. :drool: I haven't had a good dish of that in a while. I may make some.

I hear that! The farthest I've gone is to get some medicine, some soup and here I am, lounging with my laptop! I don't feel like moving.

If Google was God, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to actually SEARCH for what I was looking for, but simply think it, and it take me to that damn Finnish Sourdough Bread website, rather than me having to wade through 50 pages of nonsense first.

It's a cruel god. :tsk:

Alfredo. :drool: I haven't had a good dish of that in a while. I may make some.

I hear that! The farthest I've gone is to get some medicine, some soup and here I am, lounging with my laptop! I don't feel like moving.

That drool smiley almost did it. I almost got out of bed.

TMI of course, but I think I'm gonna have to get up in a second, I gots to pee. :uhoh:

Orange juice = :up:
I like orange-pineapple juice quite a lot too. Then again, I love pineapple and most fruits aside of anything melon or peaches (another orange thing. :wink:)

Yeah, KFC is expensive. I had some of their teriyaki boneless wings on my 20th birthday while I watched the Slane DVD, which wasn't too bad, actually. But their regular chicken? Ew. :down: And it costs so damn much to eat there. Here, you have to pay around $20 or so to get enough food for everyone and it's ridiculous because you could take that, buy some chicken with it and the necessary things (flour and such) to make the shit and it not be as greasy or fattening! As far as restaurants go, I agree with you. Subway is relatively good. I like their turkey sub.

Yeah, they only advertise that here too.
Lipton® Noodle Soup
I like it, personally. But I've had a fondness for it since it was my lunch often times as a child. I like a good bowl of it loaded with spices when I'm sick. Now THAT cures what ails you. :up:

:shifty: Was it that obvious? :lol:
Kidding! You don't have to cook for me! But I do typically cook for anyone who's sick because that's just the way I am. I tend to take care of people when they're ill.

Oooh, pineapple is made of win. Living in Queensland had one perk in that it grows shitloads of pineapple, so the stuff is cheap and fresh there. I'll agree with you that melons tend to suck, but I loooove peaches. Loathe mangos.

Yeah, you might as well just do chicken yourself. The quality will be faaaar better. And I must say, Subway here is far superior to the rubbish Subway in the US. I accidentally made a scene at one Subway in TN. I've had the same Subway order since I was 10 (well, minor alterations, but the general idea is unchanged). So I tried to order it. Firstly, the chicken fillets were different, and they were a bit confused by what I wanted - this was before I learnt that Americans don't pronounce 'fillet' like, well, 'fillet'. Fill-et. But, you know, I shrugged it off and got the vegetables I like. Then I asked for barbecue sauce. "We don't have it." "WHAT. *stunned pause* OK, tomato sauce? Er, what you call ketchup?" "We don't have it." I just stared at the guy incredulously ... and he went and served somebody else while I looked around with this facial expression of "... the FUCK, people?" I eventually got mustard on it, and learnt in future to bring my own barbecue sauce with me.

Huh, so they do. Learn something new every day.

Hee, no, I enjoy cooking for others; I'd just be worried that it's not that good! Wouldn't want it to be a letdown.

That drool smiley almost did it. I almost got out of bed.

TMI of course, but I think I'm gonna have to get up in a second, I gots to pee. :uhoh:
Strange that all this talk about food hasn't made me hungry yet, but your mention of chicken alfredo suddenly got my stomach grumbling at me.
I may just have to thank your mum! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom