Review the Last Movie You Viewed Part VI: Satisfying the A-R crowd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume you're not talking about the one in the shower.

:no:

Yikes, definitely not talking about that one.

The one near the beginning where she bends over the table for her 'pimp' or whatever the fuck he was. Skirt hiking FTW

I also have to endorse the scenes in Hollow Man where Invisibacon pulls her clothes off as she sleeps. Best use of 'invisible man' power available.

Sister of the Traveling Pants 2

Definitely not as good as the first one, but it still managed to squeeze a few tears out of me in certain parts.

They shouldn't make any more sequels, though.

I loved the book, but didn't see the movie. From what I heard as far as reviews, it wasn't a great adaptation.

I loved the book, but didn't see the movie. From what I heard as far as reviews, it wasn't a great adaptation.

I've never read the book, which might have helped in the, I really liked that movie, department. I watched it with my mom, it was a nice "girl night" thing, whatever you wanna call it.

Tropic Thunder

A pretty damn enjoyable movie. It brought some laughs and Downey definitely deserved the praise he received. He was awesome. But the biggest laugh of the movie? Tom Cruise. Surprisingly. I'd heard he had a role in it but I wasn't expecting him to actually be funny. Good for him.

Herbie: Fully Loaded

Caught this on TV the other day. A wonderful performance by Lindsay Lohan's breasts.

Best thing in Tropic Thunder: Jack Black tied to the tree or the 'Satan's Alley' trailer.

I need to see Quantum this week.

Yeah, you really do.

I stumbled upon a Christmas movie on PPV of Bam Margera and his crew searching for Santa Claus in Finland. If you like Bam and his destructive humor, you will love this movie even the sick and gross parts. I laughed, I cried, I aplit my sides and I even had to cover my eyes a few times but I'd see it again. This group of friends do the zaniest things EVER!

The X-Files: Whatever it was called. 5/10

I expected it to be far worse given the reviews. It was sort of like your average episode, which begs the question: why the hell was this movie made in the first place?

Ah well.

I will watch Narnia (the first one) on Blu Ray tomorrow. Yeah, I'm that behind.

I just watched The Dark Knight again. Though it was really fucking good, I can see where people wish it would've ended sooner. If it'd ended right around the 100 minute marker, the whole Dent becoming Two-Face could've been given a lot more time. I only have one problem with the movie: What the fuck happened at the party after The Joker dropped Rachel? It should've been addressed. Anyway, if the movie'd ended at around 100 minutes, then the third installment could've been this franchise's Quantum of Solace. Of course, it still could be....

I saw this doc on PBS a few days ago, it was good.
Just giving the heads up, they re-air POV all the time. I know technically this is TV, but it IS a documentary and nobody reads the TV thread anyways.

You know you’re being manipulated from start to finish by “Inheritance,” a documentary on Wednesday on PBS’s series “P.O.V.,” but that doesn’t make its most powerful moments any less so.

Don Holtz

The film, by James Moll, is reminiscent of one of those talk-show reunions of long-separated twins, in that any spontaneity is suspect because you know the whole thing was arranged. But this is no daytime-television frivolity: Mr. Moll brings together Monika Hertwig, daughter of the commander of a Nazi concentration camp, and Helen Jonas, who as a teenage prisoner in that camp was compelled to work in the commander’s house.

The camp in question, Plaszow, and the commander, Amon Goeth, were central to the film “Schindler’s List” (Goeth was played by Ralph Fiennes), but Mr. Moll wisely doesn’t make too much of the Hollywood connection. He realizes that the two women’s emotional struggles are the heart of the matter.

For the first third of the film, as the women prepare to meet, it seems clear that Ms. Hertwig has had the worst of it over the years. Born in 1945, just before the end of the war and just a year before her father was hanged, she only gradually became aware of who he was and of his reputation as a brutal killer. When Mr. Moll brings the two women together at the Plaszow camp memorial in Poland, it is Ms. Hertwig who breaks down.

But the emotions shift dramatically when the women go to Goeth’s villa, where Ms. Jonas had lived in terror until Oskar Schindler rescued her. (After the war she moved to the United States.) Her reaction as she revisits the rooms she once knew are visceral and immediate; the cameras are forgotten.

Throughout, Mr. Moll illustrates the narrative with a remarkable collection of archival materials, right down to photographs of Goeth’s dogs. Then, just when you think he has wrung all the emotions out of his premise, the women jolt you again, describing how the wartime experiences affected their loved ones for decades after.

For some of them, there was no peace. And there is none, really, for Ms. Jonas and Ms. Hertwig, as this wrenching film makes clear.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/arts/television/10inhe.html

The Chronicles of Narnia. 8.5/10.

Loved it on BluRay. Pretty cute kids as far as the casting goes. Sure took me back to childhood.

Going to see Milk tomorrow night. :)

Friend and I saw the "Che" roadshow edition tonight in NYC.

Probably the best thing this year. I'm letting it digest though, so I'll have more impressions in the next couple days.

Friend and I saw the "Che" roadshow edition tonight in NYC.

Probably the best thing this year. I'm letting it digest though, so I'll have more impressions in the next couple days.

Son of a bitch.

That shit is sold out to the max. You're lucky to have gotten in.

I'm going to try for a midweek showing here, but it's all the way on the westside, an area I try to avoid like the plague. Plus an afternoon showing will let me out right in the middle of fucking rush hour.

So was there an intermission, or what?

Son of a bitch.

That shit is sold out to the max. You're lucky to have gotten in.

I'm going to try for a midweek showing here, but it's all the way on the westside, an area I try to avoid like the plague. Plus an afternoon showing will let me out right in the middle of fucking rush hour.

ZOMG, you might have to go to West LA!?!?!? Sack up and venture out of the slum eclectic area you live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom